Prayers to those affected at the Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I just saw this. My heart goes out to all the runners and their families.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :sad: :cry: :cry: Just unbelievable!
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Prayers? (as if everyone with a moral compass does this)
    God?
    Death penalty?

What is wrong YOU guys? This isn't the time for this selfishness.

I don't pray and I'm not religious, but people deal with things different ways. Now is a time to put differences in spirituality aside and focus on being as positive and peaceful as we all can towards each other.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Praying for strength and healing -- for those involved and for this nation (and world).

God... if it be your will, please give us the strength to turn this world back to you... and find peace.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This world needs God! :(

And what if someone did this in the name of god?

In this situation the world needs to just not blow people up.

Wow...all I will say to this. My God would not ask people to blow stuff up...that Sir would be Satan.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My love goes out to them. The dedication, time, and the qualifications they go through to do it. To run a race like this and have something horrific happen at the end. Awful.
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options

Please don't derail this and turn it into a Christian/agnostic/atheist debate. Let people believe what they want to believe.

Not changing beliefs, its just odd that this person is calling for a god, when the people who did this could have been doing it in the name of god.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    NBC news is reporting that a local reporter saw someone get their legs blown off....just makes me sick.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Prayers? (as if everyone with a moral compass does this)
    God?
    Death penalty?

What is wrong YOU guys? This isn't the time for this selfishness.

It's not being selfish. If you don't pray, then don't pray. Otherwise it's just a way for some of us to express empathy and there isn't anything selfish about empathy... and the death penalty, well, not quite sure why you lumped that in with God and prayer, but whatever.

My thoughts and prayers to those effected by this tragedy. My faith in humanity is slipping yet farther away.
  • PureAdamic
    Options

Wow...all I will say to this. My God would not ask people to blow stuff up...that Sir would be Satan.

If your god is the christian god, you're right he didn't blow anyone up, but he did drown everyone once, and killed all those babies in Egypt...
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I don't want to start anything on here... this isn't the place or time for that. BUT.... if anyone did this in the name of "god"... then they're not worshiping the true God... and this is not HIS fault. This has been done by completely selfish, immoral, and ignorant people who don't know how to act with anything other than violence.
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So sad that we live in a time that we are forced to worry about these things! Hoping for the safety and health of those involved and their families.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, I didn't know there were casualties, but I bet the numbers keep rising. My niece's boyfriend (long distance runner for college track team) is there and she can't get a hold of him. How horrible, who would do something like this?!?

Oh my gosh! I hope he is ok! This is terrible. Canada, anyone?
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Boston seriously looks like a war zone. I can't believe it. All those runners, doing something incredible and all of a sudden this devastating thing happens and people are dying and there are wounded left and right. I can't imagine how they all must feel right now. Definitely praying for the runners, the wounded, the families of the people killed and all the emergency responders.
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Can we not turn this into a religious conversation and just think about these poor families involved. This world is getting crazier and crazier everyday.
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have many friends that were at this event and feel deeply saddened that this marathon has been scarred and prostituted by a greed & ignorance! My heart goes out to everyone near and far because it is another reminder that no one is safe. Our children are growing up surrounded by murder and violence and their bubble has already been popped tresspassed upon. If anyone needs someone to talk to feel free to message me. Kara.
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Praying there are no other bombs going off anywhere else, America is under attack and there is no telling what is yet to unfold. Keep safe my friends.
  • PureAdamic
    Options

I don't want to start anything on here... this isn't the place or time for that. BUT.... if anyone did this in the name of "god"... then they're not worshiping the true God... and this is not HIS fault. This has been done by completely selfish, immoral, and ignorant people who don't know how to act with anything other than violence.

Hue hue hue, the one true god. You mean Ra right? or Zeus, or Allah, or Yaweh, or Me?
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My brother in law runs every year. We haven't heard anything from him yet. I pray to God he is OK. What is wrong with people? I am so worried :cry: Please dear God make sure Stephen is safe.
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    Can we not turn this into a religious conversation and just think about these poor families involved. This world is getting crazier and crazier everyday.

I agree religion doesn't belong on MFP... Actually I think that is a rule
This discussion has been closed.