Prayers to those affected at the Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• neeko_3
    neeko_3 Posts: 68
    Options
    Good will always win in the end. No matter how you look at it.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :frown: NOT GOOD, AT ALL.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    This world needs God! :(

And what if someone did this in the name of god?

In this situation the world needs to just not blow people up.

Wow...all I will say to this. My God would not ask people to blow stuff up...that Sir would be Satan.

If your god is the christian god, you're right he didn't blow anyone up, but he did drown everyone once, and killed all those babies in Egypt...

Please stop. Out of respect of the people who have been harmed by this event.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Please don't derail this and turn it into a Christian/agnostic/atheist debate. Let people believe what they want to believe.

Exactly!!! It doesn`t matter what religion or if you do not have a religion. There are people/families/friends that are going to be devastated for the rest of their lives by this.

People have lost their lives and others will have their whole lives changed irreversibly due to ...... some people, which I will not speculate, now is not the time.

Let people offer their words of support and sympathy, no matter what they believe.

It is no ones right at this time to dispute other peoples beliefs when all they want to do is offer some words to this post
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'll run for them. That's how I "pray". They'll understand.

I feel physically sickened as I watch this unfold. I hurt for the families who don't know where their loved ones are. I just can't wait until this evening to run and send all my love to those who may not be able to run again for a while...or ever again.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Please don't derail this and turn it into a Christian/agnostic/atheist debate. Let people believe what they want to believe.

Not changing beliefs, its just odd that this person is calling for a god, when the people who did this could have been doing it in the name of god.

Really man? This is the time you pick to poke at people's religious beliefs?
  • TexanAngel79
    Options
    Sending many prayers!! This is very saddening!!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's because what happened here in Newtown desensitized me (I live in CT) or what but I don't seem to be as upset about it as everyone else. It's sad that a few people are dead and that there are some that are injured, but my first thought was that it could have been significantly worse and we should thank the actual men and women who set off the third device in a controlled manner, possibly sparing many more lives. I guess I just look at the bright side, because I just keep thinking it could have been worse.

That being said, though it won't actually help anything, I hope anyone affected has a speedy recovery and that the families of the victims aren't bombarded and harassed by the media and left to grieve in private.
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This makes my heart hurt. My thoughts are with the people harmed and their families.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Wow...all I will say to this. My God would not ask people to blow stuff up...that Sir would be Satan.

If your god is the christian god, you're right he didn't blow anyone up, but he did drown everyone once, and killed all those babies in Egypt...

STFU.

There are probably MFP'rs out there right now. My god.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    do NOT turn this into a religion debate. we're taking away from what's happened and how we can be good citizens of the world in solidarity with a devastated community. there are plenty of threads on MFP dealing with religion and lack thereof. we should be focusing our attention HERE to being useful and loving. and if you don't want that, then leave.
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Deuteronomy 31:8
    The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Matthew 5:4
    Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14
    But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

Please do not despair, do not lose hope. My prayers and love go out to all those affected in Boston. May the Lord strengthen you in these trying times.
    Much love, always.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's because what happened here in Newtown desensitized me (I live in CT) or what but I don't seem to be as upset about it as everyone else. It's sad that a few people are dead and that there are some that are injured, but my first thought was that it could have been significantly worse and we should thank the actual men and women who set off the third device in a controlled manner, possibly sparing many more lives. I guess I just look at the bright side, because I just keep thinking it could have been worse.

That being said, though it won't actually help anything, I hope anyone affected has a speedy recovery and that the families of the victims aren't bombarded and harassed by the media and left to grieve in private.

Humanity has no hope WTF...............
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    do NOT turn this into a religion debate.

do NOT bring religion where it doesn't belong. keep it in your churches, and private groups
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Out of the respect of the people who are hurt, don't involve your god.

Are you going to say anything that matters...like ever?
  • courtxoney
    courtxoney Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    this is so sad and scary.

my mom works two blocks from there and am so glad she didn't go to work today.
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options

Are you going to say anything that matters...like ever?

I love you?
  • macey333
    macey333 Posts: 42
    Options
    It is a sad atrocity. Yet it is important to remember that the world is filled will problems. 31 people were killed in Baghdad today and roughly 100 injured. No one prays for them. People tend to focus only on situations in the western world and ignore those elsewhere.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

*smh*
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    So sick!
This discussion has been closed.