Prayers to those affected at the Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Take your religious posts elsewhere

TY
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    3rd explosion at the JFK library
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and heart are with those affected today. Such a tragedy.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

On another note...time to go make some phone calls and make sure everyone I know is ok. Peace out folks and all my love, prayers, and good thoughts to my Boston crew.

I have been hearing they want people to text instead of call because it takes up less bandwidth. I hope that everyone you know is alright.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    2 more bombs found? :(
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

On another note...time to go make some phone calls and make sure everyone I know is ok. Peace out folks and all my love, prayers, and good thoughts to my Boston crew.

I have been hearing they want people to text instead of call because it takes up less bandwidth. I hope that everyone you know is alright.

Yes calls aren't going through anyway...I'm calling the next list of people who may have had contact.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    this is a horrible situation.

the petty bickering in here is pathetic.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Take your religious posts elsewhere

What makes you think you require a particular religion...or any religion at all to pray? Why in the world would you come into a thread clearly marked "prayers to those affected..."? Just so you can spew venom? Just so you can clearly state your complete lack of compassion or empathy for how others deal with pain and tragedy? Way to go "you"!

Prayers and positive thoughts to those affected by this senseless act.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Another explosion just gone off!

Now up to 12 dead while everyone is arguing about God!

Thank you for the info! I dread turning on the news right now. For the love of god, why don't they clear the streets? Do something! So many lives lost.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Options

Yes, text or tweet is what I hear.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It is a sad atrocity. Yet it is important to remember that the world is filled will problems. 31 people were killed in Baghdad today and roughly 100 injured. No one prays for them. People tend to focus only on situations in the western world and ignore those elsewhere.

I completely agree. US drone strikes kill thousands of men, women and children. They live this situation constantly. Humanity is worthless. Peoplet feel their lives are superior to the lives of people in other places around the world..

It's doesn't really matter what happened today. Everything we are going to hear about it will be lies or misinformation. It's best to just pray ( or chant or whatever you believe) for the people injured.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Let people grieve as they do. It's what makes us beautiful and human.

Unless its religious based... That belongs in your churches and in private groups:

Well then, why don't you report the thread and have it locked down, then? That's obviously all you care about, right? Who cares that anyone is suffering? Somebody made a religious post on MFP! That's so much more important! /sarcasm
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    Prayers? (as if everyone with a moral compass does this)
    God?
    Death penalty?

What is wrong YOU guys? This isn't the time for this selfishness.

What is selfish is that you are attacking us for how we deal with things when you could say something helpful or uplifting. :)

You dare call us selfish when all we are doing is expressing our feelings about what happened. YOU come to this board and start criticizing the way we morn? Shame on you may GOD have mercy on your soul.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I find it insane that I, a Christian, can offer prayers to my Muslim step grandmother when her husband passes without debate or screaming and we can conduct ourselves with respect and class yet you guys can't manage it here.

God (many peoples gods/beliefs) give us free will. We can not hold God responsible for man's shortfalls.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    30 mins away.. Everyone is in a panic.. 2 dead 23 wounded..9 in Critical Condition
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It is a sad atrocity. Yet it is important to remember that the world is filled will problems. 31 people were killed in Baghdad today and roughly 100 injured. No one prays for them. People tend to focus only on situations in the western world and ignore those elsewhere.

I completely agree. US drone strikes kill thousands of men, women and children. They live this situation constantly. Humanity is worthless. Peoplet feel their lives are superior to the lives of people in other places around the world..

It's doesn't really matter what happened today. Everything we are going to hear about it will be lies or misinformation. It's best to just pray ( or chant or whatever you believe) for the people injured.

Have you ever considered that the news media is spoon-fed to us?

Is that really supposed to be our faults?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    This is messed up, but I don't think the world needs some deity.

If you're around the Boston area and actually want to help, donate blood so those injured can heal.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Options
    Another explosion just gone off!

Now up to 12 dead while everyone is arguing about God!

Thank you for the info! I dread turning on the news right now. For the love of god, why don't they clear the streets? Do something! So many lives lost.

The third explosion was controlled.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    So sad we live in a world where we have to worry about these things. Prayers to those affected by this.

2nd this....terrrible
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    prayers for those who have been affected..
This discussion has been closed.