Prayers to those affected at the Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Amen the world has gone crazy. Praying for the people in Boston today.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My brother in law runs every year. We haven't heard anything from him yet. I pray to God he is OK. What is wrong with people? I am so worried :cry: Please dear God make sure Stephen is safe.

While I dont pray I do hope for the sake of life and its preciousness he is okay. All positive energy and thoughts to you and all involved in this horrific event. :brokenheart: :sad:
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Take your religious posts elsewhere
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    This world needs God! :(

And what if someone did this in the name of god?

In this situation the world needs to just not blow people up.

Wow...all I will say to this. My God would not ask people to blow stuff up...that Sir would be Satan.

If your god is the christian god, you're right he didn't blow anyone up, but he did drown everyone once, and killed all those babies in Egypt...

Please stop. Out of respect of the people who have been harmed by this event.

Out of the respect of the people who are hurt, don't involve your god.

Are you going to say anything that matters...like ever?

I love you?

Well... my life is over.

On another note...time to go make some phone calls and make sure everyone I know is ok. Peace out folks and all my love, prayers, and good thoughts to my Boston crew.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It is a sad atrocity. Yet it is important to remember that the world is filled will problems. 31 people were killed in Baghdad today and roughly 100 injured. No one prays for them. People tend to focus only on situations in the western world and ignore those elsewhere.

Because this post is about the people involved in the tragedy that is the Boston marathon?
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It is a sad atrocity. Yet it is important to remember that the world is filled will problems. 31 people were killed in Baghdad today and roughly 100 injured. No one prays for them. People tend to focus only on situations in the western world and ignore those elsewhere.

People tend to notice things more when they hit close to home. Yes.

If you believe one can only grieve for one set of people (i.e - Boston) and not the rest of the world as well, then you are lost and without hope for redemption.

Let people grieve as they do. It's what makes us beautiful and human.
  • psychedelicfrenzy
    psychedelicfrenzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not saying this to insult anything but god isnt going to help anything. What this world needs is common sense and some serious anger management classes...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    do NOT turn this into a religion debate.

do NOT bring religion where it doesn't belong. keep it in your churches, and private groups

i wasn't. you don't even deserve an answer.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Another explosion just gone off!

Now up to 12 dead while everyone is arguing about God!
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    On another note... time to go make some phone calls and make sure everyone I know is ok. Peace out folks and all my love, prayers, and good thoughts to my Boston crew.

THERE YOU GO! that is a positive action, I'm surprised you didn't do this first instead of posting on the internet about prayers to a "god"
  • neeko_3
    neeko_3 Posts: 68
    Options
    Not saying this to insult anything but god isnt going to help anything. What this world needs is common sense and some serious anger management classes...

And that is your opinion, which you are entitled to.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My prayers are certainly with those in Boston and all affected

This is not the time or place to debate who is right and who is wrong. If you don't pray, then don't. If you do, then do. Tragedy should never be an agenda.
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    Let people grieve as they do. It's what makes us beautiful and human.

Unless its religious based... That belongs in your churches and in private groups:

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    And I agree 2fat2run, it is horrible that I don't feel as saddened by this as I feel I should, but with everything that has been happening lately (Aurora, Newtown) it is hard to not think of how much worse it could have been. Again that being said, my heart does ache for the families that lost loved ones today, and I truly and dearly hope everyone injured makes a full recovery, or at least as much as they can.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers and positive vibes to all who were there. What a nightmare!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Take your religious posts elsewhere

This isn't overtly religious as praying can take many forms (thoughts, postive energy (which looks like you needs some as well), meditation, good juju, whatever) and if anyone is making this post divisive it's you and people like you as I don't see anyone trying to convert anyone or debate theology.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My brother in law runs every year. We haven't heard anything from him yet. I pray to God he is OK. What is wrong with people? I am so worried :cry: Please dear God make sure Stephen is safe.

I will be praying sweetie.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's because what happened here in Newtown desensitized me (I live in CT) or what but I don't seem to be as upset about it as everyone else. It's sad that a few people are dead and that there are some that are injured, but my first thought was that it could have been significantly worse and we should thank the actual men and women who set off the third device in a controlled manner, possibly sparing many more lives. I guess I just look at the bright side, because I just keep thinking it could have been worse.

That being said, though it won't actually help anything, I hope anyone affected has a speedy recovery and that the families of the victims aren't bombarded and harassed by the media and left to grieve in private.
    :huh: wow
This discussion has been closed.