Prayers to those affected at the Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    This is messed up, but I don't think the world needs some deity.

If you're around the Boston area and actually want to help, donate blood so those injured can heal.

Very good idea.Many ppl had limbs blown off it will be needed
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen more than the reports of 2 dead watching the live stream from one of the stations in Boston. The official press conference should be starting momentarily.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Horrendous. I'm just so shocked. Can't believe anyone would deliberately do this.
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    I find it insane that I, a Christian, can offer prayers to my Muslim step grandmother when her husband passes without debate or screaming and we can conduct ourselves with respect and class yet you guys can't manage it here.

That is because there are rules set up by MFP to prevent you. Besides aren't christians suppose to pray in their closets (in private). Isn't this exactly what your jesus got mad at other people for?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The streets were cleared and several buildings evacuated in record time considering how many people were there. Kudos to the EMTs/Paramedics and Police that were already on-scene b/c of the race.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    It saddens me to hear this news. I always want to believe that most people in this world are kind and good. There are some that are evil. :brokenheart:

I ran Boston 2 years ago, and it was a city that embraced the runners and treated us all like rock stars.

I have friends that were running it today. I only pray they are safe. My thoughts are prayers to everyone in Boston. Their world has been forever changed. :cry:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    30 mins away.. Everyone is in a panic.. 2 dead 23 wounded..9 in Critical Condition

Someone earlier said the death toll was up to 12 after the fourth explosion near JFK library.

What is this world coming to?
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    Let people grieve as they do. It's what makes us beautiful and human.

Unless its religious based... That belongs in your churches and in private groups:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Well then, why don't you report the thread and have it locked down, then? That's obviously all you care about, right? Who cares that anyone is suffering? Somebody made a religious post on MFP! That's so much more important! /sarcasm

Funny how it's all free speech and open minds until someone disagrees with your liberal bull ****. You're the one being divicive. If you dont believe in God or religion that's fine. Why don't you keep your beliefs to yourself - or does that only apply to those that believe?!?!?
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Please don't derail this and turn it into a Christian/agnostic/atheist debate. Let people believe what they want to believe.
    That is not an issue when it's done from an individual perspective.

But declaring that the "world needs God" is a bit imposing, don't you think? That makes me feel uncomfortable. And then someone else said that anyone who looks crazy should get the death penalty. That's sick. Some real life stuff happened today (not make-believe tales from a book) and people use the tragedy to hop on their soapboxes. They should be called out because that's not cool.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    [quote.

If you're around the Boston area and actually want to help, donate blood so those injured can heal.
    [/quote]

Yes . Agreed
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    How horrible. This is so sad. I haven't heard anything until now. :(
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I'm praying to Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Gaia, Vishnu, The Supreme Being, The Universe, The Flying Spagetti Monster, Dr Oz and anyone who cares to listen for the safety of these people.

Peace.
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    Funny how it's all free speech and open minds until someone disagrees with your liberal bull ****. You're the one being divicive. If you dont believe in God or religion that's fine. Why don't you keep your beliefs to yourself - or does that only apply to those that believe?!?!?

Its not about free speech. Not on this website. There are clearly rules preventing free speech...I think you are confused.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Another explosion just gone off!

Now up to 12 dead while everyone is arguing about God!

Thank you for the info! I dread turning on the news right now. For the love of god, why don't they clear the streets? Do something! So many lives lost.

The third explosion was controlled.

Yes but was the fourth?
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I find it insane that I, a Christian, can offer prayers to my Muslim step grandmother when her husband passes without debate or screaming and we can conduct ourselves with respect and class yet you guys can't manage it here.

That is because there are rules set up by MFP to prevent you. Besides aren't christians suppose to pray in their closets (in private). Isn't this exactly what your jesus got mad at other people for?

Dude just stop.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Sorry, prayers are all I got until the FDA decides my O- blood is good enough again, thanks to inadequate testing for Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. If that's not good enough for anyone, then I'm sorry.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    thoughts and prayers go out to everyone at the marathon and affected by this horrific event. 2 bombs went off; 2 were detonated by the police. police are evacuating more streets/areas around the finish line. God have mercy on who ever did this.
  • PureAdamic
    Options

THIS is something that will help the people in Boston. Not telling strangers on the internet that you are praying.
  • skinnyclare
    skinnyclare Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just seen it on the News, My prayers and thoughts are with them all.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    The streets were cleared and several buildings evacuated in record time considering how many people were there. Kudos to the EMTs/Paramedics and Police that were already on-scene b/c of the race.

I agree. Also am hoping like hell that no one else is injured or dead and that all the first responders are safe an unharmed. They are true heroes.

Also, donating blood would be really useful right now, for anyone in the Boston area.
This discussion has been closed.