30 Day Shred (May 15th - June 15th) Support Group

Options

Replies

• kukla63
    kukla63 Posts: 4
    Options
    Starting the Shred tomorrow. Previewed the DVD tonight and am looking forward to starting it. How many calories burned do you give yourself for for Level 1?
    Does everyone eat the extra calories you "earn" from working out?
  • lolyno
    lolyno Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Shredders
    L1D3 completed feeling really good but boy oh boy my thighs are alittle sore tonight I did an hour of zumba after my shred workout yikes a sucker for punishment heehee anyway hope you all are shredding and enjoying hating Jillian haha

Nite
    Lori
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm tardy for the party, but here nonetheless!!
    I have been doing the 30 day shred on days I don't get to the gym. Is that bad???
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! How is shred looking for you? I have injured my knee (or a muscle below it) and have just attempted the last day of level 1 (was going to move onto level 2 today but my knee is not up for it) and I made it to the squat and press before I realised I was probably going to do more damage than good :frown:

I'm going to have to leave it for today...I am absolutely gutted. :frown: I think i'll get my exercise in by doing 100 sit ups every hour this evening and keeping the weight off my knee. I know it's nothing major but I'm going to have to leave it untill it heals a little.

We are all doing fantastically! Keep it up peeps xx :flowerforyou:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Chair squats. Ouchhhhhhhhh.

That's all for today :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I did L1D6 last night and followed it up with a 15-20 minute Wii Sports Active workout. I'm about halfway through the 6 Week Challenge on that, but I make sure to do the 30DS first otherwise I'm kinda tired after doing the Wii workout. Today I'm gonna hit the gym for 45 minutes on the elliptical... then come home and do L1D7... that should be fun. I want to get the 30DS in as many times a week as possible, so doubling is good but kinda hard. I like a good challenge and the weight has been starting to go down again after a week stuck at about 183.4. I was 181.8 this morning and dropping! WHOOT!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Hi guys! How is shred looking for you? I have injured my knee (or a muscle below it) and have just attempted the last day of level 1 (was going to move onto level 2 today but my knee is not up for it) and I made it to the squat and press before I realised I was probably going to do more damage than good :frown:

I'm going to have to leave it for today...I am absolutely gutted. :frown: I think i'll get my exercise in by doing 100 sit ups every hour this evening and keeping the weight off my knee. I know it's nothing major but I'm going to have to leave it untill it heals a little.

We are all doing fantastically! Keep it up peeps xx :flowerforyou:

I'm having a knee problem too. It started yesterday and I decided to push through the 30DS anyways - not a great idea. I'm bummed b/c I think I will have to let my knee rest a day or two before trying the workout again. Maybe the elliptical tonight instead...
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Level 1 day 9 complete! After todays workouts I am confident that I am ready to move onto level 2 but I will wait one more day so I don't push myself too fast. Is it just me or does anyone else hate the lunges with a bicep curl?!?! I have always hated lunges and Jillian is not helping, ha! O well I can already see a difference. Down 4 lbs since starting the 30 day shred :)
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 complete. The cardio is getting harder, which is really weird. I'm usually quite good at sustained cardio but this is really tiring me out. I'm gonna have to push through it tomorrow morning, for sure! I'm annoyed at myself, slightly, for taking it easy with the jumps.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :frown: I'm gutted that I couldn't complete my 30DS today...and my knee is still playing up...hopefully, a nice bath will help speed up the healing process...fingers crossed :huh:
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just finished L2D2(Day 7 of the Shred). It's still really hard for me but I'm excited about hopefully seeing results soon. It was really hard to get moving today. I was just totally not "feeling it". But thankfully I pulled through and now I'm glad I did. I definitely have this group to thank for that! I feel like I have people keeping me accountable....and I think that's just what I needed! Hope y'all are having a great day!!
  • lolyno
    lolyno Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Shredders,
    L1D4 and going strong woohoo

Ms Natalie so sorry you hurt your leg/knee do you think it's shin splints??? it happened to me the first time doing shred I was not using the correct positioning I was too busy trying to concentrate on the weights I wasn't paying attention to my postioning of my legs and got hurt now I really concentrate on correct positoning and so far so good anyhoo hope your feeling better soon

:bigsmile:
    Lori
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I was too drained from my 45 minutes on the elliptical (hills at Level 8) and grocery shopping (my hand basket weighed a ton, so I started doing bicep curls with it... hahaha) to do the 30DS today. I've done 6 days so far, but I've only skipped it on days where I've done another form of workout, like going to the gym. My leg muscles are kinda sore right now too, so a break isn't a bad thing. I'd rather go at it a bit slower so I'm not killing myself.

I also ordered a heart rate monitor today! Now I'll know what I'm really burning during the 30DS. I don't know if the 299 for 27 minutes on the MFP calculator is close or highballing it. Either way, I'll get it the beginning of next week. Just in time to start Level 2... :D
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Did day 8 yesterday...today is SUPPOSED to be day 9 but for the life of me I cannot find my stinking DVD!! GRRRRR!! So SO SO strange because I just used it yesterday morning, and the morning before that, and before that, and.....

I have searched everywhere I can think of and no Jillian to be found....hmmmm I am perplexed. I honestly wasn't looking forward to my workout this morning so for the first time I decided to exercise AFTER work, but am stumped! I have to find it tonight!

I told my mom about the workout and I guess she went to the store and bought it! So excited for her!! She is like, "April, do you really think I can do jumping jacks???" !!! She is so cute!!

Gotta go! I am on a mission to find my shred!!! I was thinking of doing it without her since I have memorized the workout, but I have grown to love Jillian yelling at me (LOL, she really doesn't but ya know)!!

Blessings to all of you! Keep it up!!
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 5 at Level 1.
    Had my HRM on this time because it came in the post yesterday. 280 calories burned! Oh yeeeah!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Logged my totals this morning. Pretty excited, lost 2.7 lbs! That will help to keep me motivated to continue since I thought I wouldn't lose anything due to my boss bringing in doughnuts twice in a week and my headaches so bad that I had to just go to bed at 8pm at least two times this week.
    Hope everyone had a great day and weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Polar HRM but it appears it won't be shipping until the 26th of May :( Booooo...

I'm curious to see how many calories are actually burned in a Level 2 or 3 session. L2 is certainly getting my cardio up. It's also noisy! I had to switch my sessions to the afternoon because I was waking up my fiance with all the jumping around during morning workouts heh.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    My Polar is supposed to ship May 25th, but I've ordered stuff before on Amazon and it always arrives sooner than they tell me it will. I'm hoping to have it beginning of next week. I really want to have it when I start Level 2. If I do the shred all three days this weekend, I'll be at Day 10 on Monday, so I'll probably started Level 2 on Wednesday. Tuesday is a gym day and I don't think I want to wear myself out on the elliptical and then have to do Level 2 of the Shred right after.

The scale didn't go down this morning, but I'm happy it only went from 181.8 to 182.0. I ate almost double my sodium yesterday (thanks to a salt bagel where I scraped off the salt and my Orbiteria lunch) but I drank alot of water. I'm gonna do the same today and hopefully I'll see the results from lots of working out this week tomorrow morning.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 level 1 and I have to say it was hard to get thru! Could be the fact that I did 25 mins on the treadmill right before and had a whining child the last 7 mins or so. Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1L1 a little late to the party. Not as bad as I feared (had nightmares about... Let's be honest) I only had to stop a few times cause my feet were killing me! sweat like a pig and feel a little out of it now... Time for some water, a snack, and a shower.

youre not kidding about your feet killing you!!!!!!! my ANKLES were killing me....i tried it barefoot, with sneakers, with socks....nothing helped...so i just do the work out barefoot now...doesnt make any difference. lol