30 Day Shred (May 15th - June 15th) Support Group

Options

Replies

• herbnkitchenfairy
    Options
    Count me in as well! I am running out to Target to pick up the DVD now and will post my starting weight/measurements tomorrow or Saturday morning. Really looking forward to the support, accountability, and getting my fat *kitten* back in shape! :laugh:
  • amyh2005
    amyh2005 Posts: 4
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea... good way to motivate eachother! Especially for those of us that don't have workout partners. I am so in! However, I don't have the DVD... is there anywhere you can buy the DVD or do you have to order it online?

You can find it at Target or Walmart for $9! Cheap :)

I actually found it at Best Buy - although it was $12 so I probably should have gone to Walmart or Target. :) But at least I am all set now to get started tomorrow! Good Luck everyone!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was definitely harder than Day 1. I got a bit tired in the first circuit of cardio since my heart rate wasn't up yet and my arms were a bit tired from yesterday. But I did it, even after doing 45 minutes on the elliptical on Level 8 at the gym first. I burned like 800 calories today. I'll post my weight and updated measurements tomorrow!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Day 3!

Day 1 I did full-up push-ups
    Day 2 I did half using knee, half full-up
    Day 3 I did all knee, because holy crap am I sore!

Jillian is not my "buddy"

:laugh:
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    day three complete!! :-)

still was able to do this workout easy squeezy....i think i may be in good shape from all the other working out that i was doing at the gym...the only thing i have to complain about is the jumping jacks and the "jump rope"......my ankles are KILLING me but i still make it through...i tried it barefoot, with socks AND with sneakers and its all the same result
    PAIN...they dont hurt afterward, just during. oh well....i just keep pushin on.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Day 2 DONE! ...and I found it much easier the second time around, probably b/c I knew what to expect. But, OH MAN, I am out of shape! Totally makes me realize just how much I need to build some muscle mass! I took some before pictures today and hope that there is some discernible improvement this month :)

Good luck to everyone!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Oh, and Ms_Natalie, I hope your DVD arrives today!! :) (Is it Friday there yet?!)
  • cherepikr
    cherepikr Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I have been shredding for close to 2 weeks and plan on moving to level 2 soon. My muscles ache, but I love it.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Ms_Natalie, I hope your DVD arrives today!! :) (Is it Friday there yet?!)

Nothing yet! =(
    It's currently 10:12am friday here at the mo...if it doesn't arrive, I may have to go and purchase it from a different shop and then take it back when the other arrives...maybe saying it isn't the right one!

OMG :noway: How sneaky of me? But I'm desperate to start today :wink:

I have been working out (dvd workout) these past 3 days and hoping this will have prepared me for this dvd? Hope it doesn't hinder my performance...because I am quite sore already x
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    Hi guys, me again! I've found out they sell the dvd in ASDA here in the UK...So, i should be getting it today!

wooooooohoooooooooo!

Another great thing is my friend is really wanting to get started with it too, so I can give her the copy I ordered and I'll keep the one I buy today :flowerforyou:

I'm going to take these measurements prior to starting and keep a log of them.

* Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
    * Chest: Measure just under your bust
    * Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
    * Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
    * Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
    * Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
    * Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
    * Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.

I have started up a spreadsheet with people's starting weight and measurements, if you would like me to log your progress then inbox me or look at our blog and comment....you could always leave them here too. We can have an overall outlook on how people are doing and it's an excellent way to track progress!

I think we should take measurements after every 10 days...you can do them sooner ovbiously! :wink:

Can't wait to get started now (I have typed that millions of times lately)
    Keep at it guys :smile:
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi guys, me again! I've found out they sell the dvd in ASDA here in the UK...So, i should be getting it today!

wooooooohoooooooooo!

Another great thing is my friend is really wanting to get started with it too, so I can give her the copy I ordered and I'll keep the one I buy today :flowerforyou:

I'm going to take these measurements prior to starting and keep a log of them.

* Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
    * Chest: Measure just under your bust
    * Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
    * Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
    * Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
    * Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
    * Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
    * Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.

I have started up a spreadsheet with people's starting weight and measurements, if you would like me to log your progress then inbox me or look at our blog and comment....you could always leave them here too. We can have an overall outlook on how people are doing and it's an excellent way to track progress!

I think we should take measurements after every 10 days...you can do them sooner ovbiously! :wink:

Can't wait to get started now (I have typed that millions of times lately)
    Keep at it guys :smile:

Whoops! I should have looked here first, I added measurements to the blog and I will need to add on calves and forearms. :)
  • tollitollison
    tollitollison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started The Shred on Wed. before hearing about this group. Man oh man was it hard! I have been hiking up steep mountains for about 20 minutes every day for the past two weeks and decided to up my exercise with The Shred. It was very motivational, the moves were easy, and it went by fast! I really like it. I was in too much pain to do it again yesterday, so I did 50 minutes of accelerated yoga instead, and THAT made me sore for today. I think I will just walk today and jump back on th program tomorrow. I have read from several people that it takes a couple of days to recover and then the pain goes away :) Good Luck everyone!
  • tollitollison
    tollitollison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think the whole point of the in-shape chicks is to look at them and push yourself through without quitting so you can look like them too!! Keep doing it!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I usually take my measurements around the 18th each month, so on Monday I'll post my measurements to the blog. I probably won't get to do the Shred today and tomorrow since my mom and sister are visiting me from NJ. Unless my sister wants to do it with me... lol. She's always been the 115 pounds, seriously athletic one in the family so it should be easy for her.

I was a bit bummed that my scale creeped up again today. I think the 30DS is shocking my body a bit and it's holding onto water. I'm gonna drink as much water as I can manage today (and tea, I love my tea) and hope that it goes down in the next day or two again. I'm not complaining about a pound a week, but I get annoyed with my scale when it goes back up to 183 when I was closer to 182 on Tuesday... lol
  • lovmykids
    lovmykids Posts: 51
    Options
    I am in! I started yesterday and it kicked my butt! I am so sore that I don't know how in the world I will get through it today!!lol
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Spob is in!
    Neck 13 inches
    chest 40
    waist 36
    hips 41
    thigh 21
    calf 15

weight 153
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I usually take my measurements around the 18th each month, so on Monday I'll post my measurements to the blog. I probably won't get to do the Shred today and tomorrow since my mom and sister are visiting me from NJ. Unless my sister wants to do it with me... lol. She's always been the 115 pounds, seriously athletic one in the family so it should be easy for her.

I was a bit bummed that my scale creeped up again today. I think the 30DS is shocking my body a bit and it's holding onto water. I'm gonna drink as much water as I can manage today (and tea, I love my tea) and hope that it goes down in the next day or two again. I'm not complaining about a pound a week, but I get annoyed with my scale when it goes back up to 183 when I was closer to 182 on Tuesday... lol

You are doing so incredibly well! And remember we want to be healthier and look better rather than having a lighter measurement on the scale. Try and keep that it mind and it may lessen your dissapointment. You really are doing fantastically. Have a few days off and relax those muscles! :wink:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    I am in! I started yesterday and it kicked my butt! I am so sore that I don't know how in the world I will get through it today!!lol

I havn't started the shred yet but I can imagine it was a challenge but well done you for starting it!

I have been doing a medium intense workout that focuses more upon toning for the past 4 days and today I couldn't get out of bed...my calves had gone into retirement...but I realised that once I started moving the soreness subsided and now I've just finished the dvd video again and feel great!

The soreness may dissapear for a while after doing the shred (although expect it back in the morning perhaps?) But people report that after day 4 the muscles have developed so quickly that the pain subsides!

However, only do it if you feel you are ready...don't want any injuries occuring...I'm guessing that your body will let you know how it feels!

Good Luck & keep up the great work x
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    Spob is in!
    Neck 13 inches
    chest 40
    waist 36
    hips 41
    thigh 21
    calf 15

weight 153

Hi Dee Hi Spob! I shall update the spreadsheet later with your results and anyone else who wants to provide them.

If people want to give all of the above and aforementioned measurements then thats fab, but basic measurements will also be fine (chest, hips, waist e.t.c)

Keep shedding Peeps! :flowerforyou: