Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options
stefa711
stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
Seriously... anyone else?

Arby's, Mcd's, Burger King (especially), Wendy's, Taco Bell, you name it! It all makes me (physically) sick to my stomach. That and I don't find it appealing, even if it didn't make me feel ill.

I can't possibly be alone here.

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I wish I was.....
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Since changing the way that I am eating (healthier) and I have a ton of food allergies fast food is pretty much out of the question. I gave up taco bell last fall and recently had it again because I was out with friends and needless to say it made my physically sick for days. Learned my leason and dont ever plan on eating Taco bell agian.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    there are a few of us thank god - unfortunately this forum is home to a lot of crazies. :tongue:
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I wish. I walk past McD, KFC and BK on the way home from the gym. Takes willpower every single time.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm reasonably sure I'm at least gluten intolerant, so even though I like some things from fast food places (McDonald's fries, for one), the potential pain is just not worth it.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am - with the exception of TACO BELL - those Doritos Locos tacos are sooooo amazing! lol
  • heathermae81
    Options
    I haven't had fast food for over a month, and I was a JUNKIE!!!!! Now, I don't even have a desire to eat it. I feel like if I did, I would vomit. A complete change from eating it almost daily to now.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    No you aren't the only one. I haven't had it in 2 years and the thought of it makes me sick.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    In-and-Out Burger about twice a year is the only fast food for me. I can't remember the last time I had McDonalds, Taco Bell, or any of the others. Have no desire for it either.
  • Emixxx27
    Emixxx27 Posts: 7
    Options
    no your not alone I dont go near fast food :smile:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Probably not AS repulsed as you are, but I went from eating fast food several times a week to once a month or every two months, if that. When you make better choices over a long period of time, foods high in fats, sodium, salts and sugars tend to lose their appeal. I am munching on sweet potato salad right now and wouldn't trade it for anything.

(I DO enjoy a Taco Bell taco from the fresca menu every now and then!)
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Never have fast food.. It is disgusting and tastes so salty. To think when I was a kid
    Macdonalds was my favorite meal. I have not even had a hot dog in a year.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am really grossed out by all fast food... Except for Taco Bell. Sorry, but sometimes, in a pinch, nothing can beat a fresco style bean burrito. But I am with ya on every other joint out there.

Proud to say my son never asks for that junk when we are eating out... Takes after his mama. I guess. :)
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am - with the exception of TACO BELL - those Doritos Locos tacos are sooooo amazing! lol
    This except I eat the Fresco line of tacos.

All other fast food? Nah.
  • Mjsturg1
    Mjsturg1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's how I am I was a total junkie and now have no desire for any of that..now pizza I do crave sometimes :)
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm not repulsed by fast food but I don't like the taste of oil/oily/greasy foods. It's just how I've changed my taste buds through the years of dieting... I love and can eat tons of choc, cake and the like (basically sweets or anything you can't taste the oil even if it uses a whole lot of it) but the taste of oil like fried chicken makes me feel icky and guilty!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yes; I am thoroughly repulsed by fast food! I once ordered an Egg McMuffin on my way to a day of hiking with my daughter. The slab of "canadian bacon" on the sandwich had gone bad. Not only did I taste it (omg bleh!) but I left it sitting on the car in the sun while we hiked. When we got back and opened the car door, I nearly threw up. Now I can't stand the idea of fast food, let alone actually eat any.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love fast food, but I think the reason I enjoy it is because I rarely have it. If I'm going to eat out, I'm more of a restaurant kind of gal--you know, the kind of place where they serve you on real plates and not cardboard or styrofoam. ;)
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It is super disgusting, but every now and then I still get a craving. I just try to remember how awful I feel after I eat it. Haven't had any fast food in almost a month. I usually only crave it if I let myself get too hungry and just ALL food suddenly sounds good. :P
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've had fast food maybe 5 times in the last two years. It physically made me sick every single time!