Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Love fast food. Obviously.

Why obviously?

Because my ticker and diary are full of fast food.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yes I am actually disgusted by fast food. Except coffee black. I love my coffee black...hot or iced.

I can barely handle subway....because I'm not used to that kind of bread anymore and what I'm left with (as a vegetarian) is a sad SAD salad.

Yeah, if you're a vegetarian, the choices presented by most fast food places are pretty dismal.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not only repulsed by fast food but also the Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones, ALL that crap that people think is actually food
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    :heart: fast food :sad:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yup. I can't eat any fast food anymore without getting serious stomach issues.

The only time I eat it without getting sick is usually chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell. And I'm usually a wee-tad drunk. And it's usually 3 in the morning.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

(I DO enjoy a Taco Bell taco from the fresca menu every now and then!)

that ... once in a blue moon

all the other ones ... blech!!
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've done away with fast food for nearly 2 weeks now (im proud considering my past)...and I can say Sonics definitely makes me feel ill. Near January I ordered the basic hamburger and I felt like I was going to die. The amount of grease and salt overwhelmed me and I started breathing heavy and felt dizzy. I know this food was the culprit because I experienced the same feeling the month before when I ate the same thing. I'll never ever eat at Sonics again.
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone!!!

Even though I am overweight, I never have craved or have been tempted by Fast Food. It is very unappealing to me, in a multitude of ways.

My temptations are with too much 'wholesome' food - homemade cookies, 'foodie' meals, etc. I love to cook and bake, but was making all of the things that taste good and are healthy -- but eating way to much of them. One cookie is a treat - ten cookies is a problem.

Now that I am eating healthier, I hope that my cravings for the sugar continues to decrease.

Thanks for brining this topic up. I was feeling un-American for a long time with my disdain for the fast food. :)
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time it never slowed me down. Now..... I think twice. I still love Chick-Fil-A and Taco Bell on rare occasions, but the smell of McDonald's is horrid. I work two doors up from McDonald's and several coworkers live off of that ****. I hate coming down from my floor to be hit in the face with that smell. :sick:

Oh! This too! I used to work as a Job Coach serving adults with special needs and many of my clients worked in fast food restaurants. We just hated the smell of those places and the smell on me afterwards. Its a rancid, sweaty smell. What causes that funk?
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Repulsed might be too strong, though MaccyD's is probably one I could say that about, apart from a sausage and egg mcmuff, that has a place once a year on my birthday :) But if I order a Domino's or Pizza hut I love the idea and it smells great but the taste always lets me down and I feel blurgh after and sluggish the next day so I don't see the point now. Not right at the mo as trying to lose weight but if I want some filth I cook it myself :) My pizza is worth the calories, Dominos isn't.
  • sally414
    sally414 Posts: 51
    Options
    My neighborhood has only 1 fast food restaurant in the area (McDonald's) and I'm never tempted to go there. I live in the city and I am surrounded by so many good local and ethnic eateries that fast food doesn't tempt me. Also I share a car with the hubby so we live quiet a pedestrian lifestyle.

We ate much more fast food (or were tempted) when we lived in the burbs (always in the car, more drive-thrus and less local restaurants).

I'd rather prepare something at home than eat at a fast food restaurant. Not only is the food fattening and not nutritious but normally the food is farmed/raised/manufactured in an unhealthful manner as well.
  • mdorsett221
    mdorsett221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yup. I can't eat any fast food anymore without getting serious stomach issues.

The only time I eat it without getting sick is usually chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell. And I'm usually a wee-tad drunk. And it's usually 3 in the morning.

The only time I will eat it :drinker: At 3 am, Taco Bell, Wattaburger or IHOP!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes I am starting to get repulsed by it. We went to McDonalds on Saturday for lunch and it wasn't good. We go to McDonalds once or twice a year. After this weekend I am done. The only place I like is Jack in the Box. We don't really eat out often. Maybe once a month and when we do I don't want it to be someplace with a drive thru.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am completely with you there. To me, it looks about as edible as my shoe or the shirt I'm wearing right now. Which is to say, NOT edible.

It smells gross too. :/
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan of McD's. Their egg mcmuffin is okay though.

Subway is about as much as I can tolerate of typical fast food places. Had Wendy's a little while ago and it was meh. A&W Canada is okay too I suppose (it's nothing like A&W USA).

Taco Bell is terrible crap from the depths of hell.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    ... but I left it sitting on the car in the sun while we hiked. When we got back and opened the car door, I nearly threw up....

Think how much worse it would have smelled if it was like all-natural organic stuff.

ETA: I ****ing love egg mc muffins. I make a point of having one from time to time.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I used to be okay with it, but after too much research and information I just can't do it anymore. once in a blue moon I'll do subway but that's about it.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    There are many people who don't like fast food... In my case, what sickens me about fast food the most is simply that I used to eat that junk and it almost killed me...

I can not stand Burger King of Mc Donalds anymore...
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Seriously... anyone else?

Arby's, Mcd's, Burger King (especially), Wendy's, Taco Bell, you name it! It all makes me (physically) sick to my stomach. That and I don't find it appealing, even if it didn't make me feel ill.

I can't possibly be alone here.
    i like how burger king got a special shout out seeing as i worked at one for 4 years
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't do that whole "fast food" thing!! It's just not for me. I always carry nuts or make my own trail mix and put in my purse for emergencies....there's no way I'll do "fast food." So NO, You are not alone :flowerforyou: :happy: :smile: