Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• milisajohnson16
    milisajohnson16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was a fast food junkie too! But, i've really changed my habits and when I try to eat fast food, it just tastes horrible.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't like most of it and only eat it when it truly is the only choice available or speed/convenience makes it necessary. But I'm not repulsed by it. At least not by most of it. I would think being repulsed by such a wide variety of food is mostly psychological.
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I have never set foot in Arby's and Wendys. The others I can count the number of times I have been there!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've never really like fast food...emergency food only for me...pretty much always been that way.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    there are a few of us thank god - unfortunately this forum is home to a lot of crazies. :tongue:

yep, us people that don't become physically ill at the mere thought of eating food.....we're the crazy ones.
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm reasonably sure I'm at least gluten intolerant, so even though I like some things from fast food places (McDonald's fries, for one), the potential pain is just not worth it.

You should come to Spain. McDonalds has a gluten free menu:))

I eat out for lunch alot with friends and hubby but it's restaurants. I do love Gyro's though so that's my fast food.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    I really like Chick-fil-A...darn it!
  • Schmidt722
    Schmidt722 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. If someone were to ask, I would have no idea where the closest McDonalds is to where I live or work.

In my 20s I lived in a college town in California that had a ban on drive-thrus. So, there were still the usual suspects (McDonalds, BK, Taco Bell) around, but you had to go inside to order. I always wondered what level of impact that had on people's decisions to eat there.

Speaking of California, my one fast food exception is In-N-Out, which I love, but is a rare treat now that I live elsewhere.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of the flavors (unless it's Five Guys or In n Out), but fast food doesn't repulse me.
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No you aren't the only one. I haven't had it in 2 years and the thought of it makes me sick.

^^This.

It wasn't always like that for me though. But.... you know "you've made it" when you go through the drive-thru for your hungry teenager and you decide to pass on EVERYTHING. :drinker:

Ms. Butterfly - 1
    Ronald McDonald - 0
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I think it is yummy. However, I know it is not healthy to consume in frequent or large quantities, so I limit how much and how often I eat it.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Nah, Thug Kitchen feel the same way about it:
    http://thugkitchen.com/
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I love Taco Bell so much! I need to stop by there soon.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I love Taco Bell so much! I need to stop by there soon.

the new beefy wrap thing they have is really good....
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    No there are plenty of anti-fast food crusaders on MFP. I'm just not one of them.
  • heather4132
    heather4132 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It didn't used to. But ever since I saw the documentary Food, Inc. and read the book The End of Overeating by David Kessler, I'm a lot wiser now and would never eat that crap.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    yes, you are the only one repulsed by fast food.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't see what is disgusting about ground beef, bread, fried potatoes... That's all yummy stuff.
    Mostly it doesn't fit my macros, so I avoid it, but not because it isn't good eats.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Nah a lot of people are very anti-fast food on here.

From McD's since I started this, I've had 1 pie and iced tea. Considering I used to go 3-5 times per WEEK, this is huge.

I've had Taco Bell twice...I can fit it into my daily goals without any problems and I plan to keep that up occasionally because I love it. :)

Wendy's I've had once, you can actually make very good choices there pretty easily. Their chili and baked potatoes are really good!

And that's it! Now, I've gone from fast food most evenings to once every 2 weeks, actually not even that. Moderation!! :D
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I am its greasy and just eek