Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I've gone hungry rather than eat at McDonald's, or other fast food places, in some lonely, remote parts of the U.S. It just doesn't taste like food.
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it very often, but I like it. Mmmmmmmmmmm Taco Bell!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yes except taco Bell lol
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've never liked fast food, even as a child. In fact, my parents never let us eat fast food anyway. I'm 35 and I think I've been to McDonald's maybe 10 times total in my entire life. I've been to KFC maybe 3 times and it's so salty.

I live in an English seaside town so we have a lot of fish 'n' chip shops here, and I don't like that either! The grease makes me feel sick.

The only thing I will occasionally have is Dominoes, maybe once every 6 months.

My son is nearly 4 and has no idea any of those fast food places exist, I'm happy to say!
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Even before I made changes to my eating habits, I found it repulsive. The only time I ate it was with both of my pregnancies when all I craved were McDonalds French Fries in my first trimester.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I will forever be repulsed by fast food.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    BK and Wendy's is awesome drunk food.

I don't eat at those places, maybe once a year (Wendy's. Fantasy Fest. Drunk. 3 a.m.). But I don't make a point of going out of my way to eat it. And no,it doesn't "repulse" me.
  • libertarian4321
    libertarian4321 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't had fast food for over a month, and I was a JUNKIE!!!!! Now, I don't even have a desire to eat it. I feel like if I did, I would vomit. A complete change from eating it almost daily to now.

Same here, I used to eat Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, McDs all the time. Now, I avoid fast food completely. On the rare occasion when I do get it, I'll go to Subway and get one of the lower calorie subs, without the sauce, and make sure they put tons of veggies on it (have them use fresh spinach instead of shredded lettuce- it tastes better and is healthier). Once or twice, I got the Taco Bell Cantina Bowl which isn't too bad.

Haven't had a Pizza in months, because I know that if I bought one, I'd still eat way too much.
  • t7mitch
    t7mitch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Had Taco Bell today as a matter of fact... I'm not going to deprive myself of a little fast food, though I don't eat it nearly as much as I use to... But for me, depriving myself by just going cold turkey on everything and just saying I'm going to only eat perfect foods is not the way for me to keep the weight I've lost off. It's about eating sensibly. It's about getting one Dorito Taco instead of three... it's about staying within my caloric goal, drinking water, excercising and not depriving myself of the foods that put the weight on. But instead, eating them in moderation. So, no, I'm not repulsed by fast food. In fact, there are some fast food places like Wendys, where I eat side salads, small frosty's, grilled chicken and I like their flatbread honey mustard grilled chicken, light on the honey mustard and only half the flatbread... To be honest, sometimes I feel people get on their high horses when they lose weight and the big thing I see is people gain ALL the weight back because they live this "perfect eating" lifestyle that they can't keep up for good. So, yep, I'ma keep heading to Wendy's, Taco Bell and occasionally McDonald's for a small fry, no salt:)
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I had developed a intolerance to fast food last summer, but I was far more restrictive then. Now that I actually have a healthy relationship with food I can take it or leave it. I don't like to eat it all the time, but this weekend I had two bacon cheeseburgers at wendys n they were yummy. I skip the fries though because I don't like bloating up like a beached whale(hello sodium)

I don't group all the fast food in one.. I also had taco bell a week or so ago.. I might eat fast food 4-5 times a month. I try to get a good meat ratio so that it's not completely carb loaded(like with pizza... I can eat so much and still be under on my protein, but it is worth it imo lol)

EDIT- I think the intolerance was in my head.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    you cant say that when youre drunk you dont enjoy eating 10 taco bell tacos with a mcdonalds milkshake, and a wendys frosty.

oh that must just be me, carry on
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    you cant say that when youre drunk you dont enjoy eating 10 taco bell tacos with a mcdonalds milkshake, and a wendys frosty.

oh that must just be me, carry on

HA! Wendy's burgers and fries are DELICIOUS when it's 3 a.m. and you're drunk. *high five*
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    fast food burgers-- yes, the smell of them is nasty!
    fast Food onionrings/fries...Bring it ON!! YUM!
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes, but mostly because I don't eat meat!
  • debbylee_maxine
    debbylee_maxine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm rather indifferent to fast food. I hate Burger King, McDonald's, and Wendy's with a passion. I go to sonic occasionally to get a cherry vanilla sprite zero. They are my weakness and I usually only get one after an intense geocaching day. I love What-a-Burger and Taco Bell I could take it or leave it. Doesn't really matter. But I am a sucker for local burger places. Luckily I am broke 99 percent of the time....
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Even before I made changes to my eating habits, I found it repulsive. The only time I ate it was with both of my pregnancies when all I craved were McDonalds French Fries in my first trimester.

The only time I've been there in recent years is while pregnant - once in each pregnancy! Chicken wrap and a mcflurry!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't trust the people handling it, I don't trust the ingredients in it, and I refuse to pay the highway robbery prices they charge for trash.

So, I'd say, I agree. :)
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    only one word --> What-A-Burger !!!!