Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    After watching many documentaries on netflix, I am repulsed by all fast food and a lot of food in the grocery stores. Its been about 4 months of me changing my life and I watch people pull into fast food places and I just want to scream at them to turn around. I also have to not let myself scream at people in the grocery store too.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't trust the people handling it, I don't trust the ingredients in it,

Interesting, because the safety record in modern fast food restaurants is extraordinarily good.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    After watching many documentaries on netflix, I am repulsed by all fast food and a lot of food in the grocery stores. Its been about 4 months of me changing my life and I watch people pull into fast food places and I just want to scream at them to turn around. I also have to not let myself scream at people in the grocery store too.

That's what happens when you watch these shockumentaries on Netflix. They're explicitly designed to make you terrified.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    you cant say that when youre drunk you dont enjoy eating 10 taco bell tacos with a mcdonalds milkshake, and a wendys frosty.

oh that must just be me, carry on

Don't forget the Wendy's Triple
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    you cant say that when youre drunk you dont enjoy eating 10 taco bell tacos with a mcdonalds milkshake, and a wendys frosty.

oh that must just be me, carry on

HA! Wendy's burgers and fries are DELICIOUS when it's 3 a.m. and you're drunk. *high five*

what's your number?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Eh. I probably eat it once or twice a week.
  • Bioresonance
    Options
    No, I am repulsed too - have been for a very long time. Most of my food now is as whole and natural as possible and I feel good about eating it.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Some of the traditional fast food joints do nothing for me like McD, BK, Wendy's etc.

But Taco Bell, Runza, and Jimmy Johns are good and i partake every once in a while.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it, but will still cave in if I am famished. Today was really bad, I was at a meeting and felt dizzy because I hadn't eaten in about 4 hours or so; so I stopped at 7-eleven for a soda, but ended up buying a loaded hot dog, too. The meal took away my dizziness but I still feel sick from it hours later. I really need to go buy some bags of trail mix to stick in my purse, so I don't do something stupid like that again.

If anything will screw up feeling good from eating healthy, it is fast food: stomach cramps, bloating, constipation, extra thirst (from high sodium), lethargy, aches, diarrhea, and nausea . . . depending on the food of choice, of course!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If anything will screw up feeling good from eating healthy, it is fast food: stomach cramps, bloating, constipation, extra thirst (from high sodium), lethargy, aches, diarrhea, and nausea . . . depending on the food of choice, of course!

I do have to agree with this and usually the next day I have "eaters remorse".

Unless I was drunk.

Then that negates any "bad" choices I have made the night before.
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    NO !!

:)
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fast food wouldn't be my first choice when eating out, I'm picky when it comes to eating, I am not a fan of deep fried foods and I find it easy to turn them down, we never had fast food growing up and I was too cheap to go. My husband loves the stuff so I'm semi-thankful that places like McD's, Dairy Queen, Wendy's etc. have meal salads that I can usually personalize (ie: Wendy's will personalize your salad so it doesn't have blue cheese or bacon or stuff like that) my salads.
  • rsddmd
    rsddmd Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't eat fast food. The smell alone is enough to make me run in the opposite direction. Wish I had that same reaction to cookies and chocolate but, unfortunately, I don't.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I do have to agree with this and usually the next day I have "eaters remorse".

Unless I was drunk.

Then that negates any "bad" choices I have made the night before.

So being drunk negates bad choices? That only food related or to other things as well?
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    depends what kind. most of it, doesn't sound good at all, or is really disappointing when I eat it.
    my fav. pizza place, certain arby's sandwiches that introduced me to pepper bacon, pretty much the only real bacon i like,
    and i like subway. that's about it.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am - with the exception of TACO BELL - those Doritos Locos tacos are sooooo amazing! lol

To each his own, but that was the specific item that made me realize TACO BELL no longer appealed to me in any way!
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating most fast food. If it wasn't for the high calories I would eat it as often as I could. I envy those who hate it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    I find all this repulsion a bit ridiculous - not a burger or milkshake person myself but I quite like subway and KFC twisters - I eat them and then and if I found myslef in Maccas, Im sure I could find something to eat.
    Even if only a coffee and cake from Mccafe.

Fine in moderation IMO.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Ummmm. Yeah. I was repulsed by the BigMac and fries I devoured today .... And the Peanut Buster Parfait last night .... And .... But I took one for the team!!! Jack (my 10 yr old) Made Me Do It!!!! Yuck ,... He'll probably make me repulse myself again Tomorrow :(
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    McDonalds does make me sick, just the smell of it. It has it's own distict smell that cannot be compared to actual food. Blech!!!

I actually get a little nauseated when I pass by one. :sick: