Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You know what I like about fast food?

When you're just backed up, you eat some fast food. You're in the head within 15 minutes and you'll emerge 5# lighter.

Fast food, with some rare exceptions, is total trash.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am - with the exception of TACO BELL - those Doritos Locos tacos are sooooo amazing! lol

To each his own, but that was the specific item that made me realize TACO BELL no longer appealed to me in any way!

While the newer items haven't made me stop liking old TB favorites, I must say I don't like any of the new stuff. I do still like the double decker taco though. I used to like the tostada but they stopped selling it.
  • Janice_Bell
    Options
    I find that I am starting to feel the same way.
    The healthier food I eat the less fast food I desire and I find it to a point that even the smell makes me sick.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Love fast food. Obviously.

Why obviously?

Because my ticker and diary are full of fast food.

Oh. Duh! I didn't notice the ticker.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

When you're just backed up, you eat some fast food. You're in the head within 15 minutes and you'll emerge 5# lighter.

Says a man who ate 1200 calories yesterday and 1500 calories of Red Robin the day before that. Oh, and 1000 calories of beer and Domino's a couple days before that.

Really? Fast food is "trash" yet you are perfectly happy consuming thousands of calories of Domino's and Red Robin?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Says a man who ate 1200 calories yesterday and 1500 calories of Red Robin the day before that. Oh, and 1000 calories of beer and Domino's a couple days before that.

Really? Fast food is "trash" yet you are perfectly happy consuming thousands of calories of Domino's and Red Robin?

wow. you need to stop doing this diary shaming man. it's ****ing pathetic. i know this is extremely ironic coming from me, but get a ****ing life.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    After watching many documentaries on netflix, I am repulsed by all fast food and a lot of food in the grocery stores. Its been about 4 months of me changing my life and I watch people pull into fast food places and I just want to scream at them to turn around. I also have to not let myself scream at people in the grocery store too.

Me too. Sometimes I hope that the mothers filling their carts with crap will see the healthy food in my cart and put the junk back on the shelves!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    you cant say that when youre drunk you dont enjoy eating 10 taco bell tacos with a mcdonalds milkshake, and a wendys frosty.

oh that must just be me, carry on

Don't forget the Wendy's Triple

Not going to lie, that's when I hit a taqueria. Or a In-N-Out. In-N-Out is the only decent quick serve out there. Even then, it's not very good.
  • dbmata
    Options

So two things.
    It wasn't Domino's, but I didn't see an entry for a small local pizza place in couer d'alene located in the database.
    Red Robin is a quick serve restaurant, and not a fast food **** house. It's also a damn good burger compared to that fast food crap. Don't be petty.

So hey, congrats, you can talk about something you know nothing about. You get a high five! You sucked for the marketing, good for you.
  • jonnythan
    Options

So two things.
    It wasn't Domino's, but I didn't see an entry for a small local pizza place in couer d'alene located in the database.
    Red Robin is a quick serve restaurant, and not a fast food **** house. It's also a damn good burger compared to that fast food crap. Don't be petty.

So hey, congrats, you can talk about something you know nothing about. You get a high five! You sucked for the marketing, good for you.

The point is that there's nothing in "fast food" that will make you suddenly poop your brains out that doesn't exist in Red Robin burgers and fries, or in the mass-produced cheese and sauce and dough and toppings used by the local pizza parlor (or Domino's).
  • dbmata
    Options

wow. you need to stop doing this diary shaming man. it's ****ing pathetic. i know this is extremely ironic coming from me, but get a ****ing life.

I actually like that he does it, shows his quality.

He took two entries and tried to make a statement with it. Sadly, his statement fell short of his mark. I would be interested in hearing from him how you would figure the calorie cost of participating in a homebrewing competition and properly tasting 30 entries.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am not repulsed... but I NEVER eat at a fast food restaurant. If forced to go through the drive through when on the road, I will order a coffee though:-)
  • dbmata
    Options
    The point is that there's nothing in "fast food" that will make you suddenly poop your brains out that doesn't exist in Red Robin burgers and fries, or in the mass-produced cheese and sauce and dough and toppings used by the local pizza parlor (or Domino's).

No, that's not your point. You point was to attempt to shame someone. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so you are now presenting a fallback position that means nothing. you were being petty, you might want to work on that, unless that's how you want people to view you.

Interesting that you know the purchasing habits and product types for a local pizza place that hasn't even been named. What else do you know?

While you are marginally correct, in that there are fewer specific items in fast food that will give you the trots over normal food, what you merrily ignore is quantities and processes. I can't blame you, a lot of that comes from knowing how to cook professionally, and the shortcuts taken in general by fast food. Anyone who has cooked will know exactly why you get the Tijuana trots from something like Fat Burger, or McDonalds, it's the quantity of fats compared to the rest of the food. I know just a handful of people that can eat at a place like that before having to go hide and get light.
  • jonnythan
    Options

No, that's not your point. You point was to attempt to shame someone. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so you are now presenting a fallback position that means nothing. you were being petty, you might want to work on that, unless that's how you want people to view you.

Interesting that you know the purchasing habits and product types for a local pizza place that hasn't even been named. What else do you know?

While you are marginally correct, in that there are fewer specific items in fast food that will give you the trots over normal food, what you merrily ignore is quantities and processes. I can't blame you, a lot of that comes from knowing how to cook professionally, and the shortcuts taken in general by fast food. Anyone who has cooked will know exactly why you get the Tijuana trots from something like Fat Burger, or McDonalds, it's the quantity of fats compared to the rest of the food. I know just a handful of people that can eat at a place like that before having to go hide and get light.

So you think all fast food has more fat than a burger and fries from Red Robin, or pizza?

Sounds legit.
  • dbmata
    Options
    So you think all fast food has more fat than a burger and fries from Red Robin, or pizza?

Sounds legit.

Again, you're being lazy. So you're a lost cause, awesome. Like I said, there are a lot of people sucking for the marketing. Good for you.

If you can't be bothered to think about things, don't be upset when you aren't taken seriously.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Anyone who has cooked will know exactly why you get the Tijuana trots from something like Fat Burger, or McDonalds, it's the quantity of fats compared to the rest of the food.

BTW, your Red Robin meal had 53% of calories from fat.

My last meal at McD's had 40% of calories from fat.

I'm not shaming anyone. I love Red Robin. I love pizza. I eat them every chance I get. My diary is full of McDonald's and Olive Garden and Red Lobster and Cici's and blah blah blah. I think it's great that you fit that stuff into your goals.

What I'm attacking is the idea that Red Robin and pizza are somehow automatically better than all "fast food," which, according to you, will cause you to get the runs because it has so much fat.
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?!! If I could eat nothing but fast food and restaurant food and still be healthy and thin, I'd do it all day long everyday! haha
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am - with the exception of TACO BELL - those Doritos Locos tacos are sooooo amazing! lol

Same here.. & mostly after I have been drinking lol
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used to crave fast food until I learned to make tastier versions at home. And now I obviously crave the tasty, homemade versions, so fast food doesn't appeal to me any more!

A couple of things I haven't yet learned to make (onion rings, for example), but I'll get there.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I used to love most of it, but the more I'm cutting it out and having it less, it grosses me out. I'll have the occasional Taco Bell and now Sonic (since we moved down south), is ****ing amazing. But their food tastes like food, so I dunno.