Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options

Replies

• oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am not repulsed by it I just avoid it for the calories. That said I still like a slice of pizza every couple of months as a reward. The one fast food that always makes me sick(even before the diet) is Long Johns Silver. Too many times I ended up worshiping at the porcelain throne.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Try living on a small pension. You cant afford to eat the damn stuff LOL!
  • moviewatcher
    Options
    I gave up hot dogs 2 years ago.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    We had the new Little Caesar's deep dish pizza the other night. I've been dreaming about it ever since. And not those innocent, G-rated dreams either.

:love:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i dont really "crave" fast food, so i rarely eat it, however, im not repulsed by it. BUT... IN MY AREA, WE HAVE A SMALL MEXICAN LOCAL CHAIN CALLED "MIGUEL JR'S"... omg, its so good!!! that i have once or twice a month!
  • slipandsink
    slipandsink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chinese take out is my weakness especially as the chinese is just around the corner from my student house! I try to limit myself to once a fortnight if not less though because it's not just bad for my weight, but also flares up my IBS and costs a lot! But they do handmade spring rolls and their salt and pepper chips are *gorgeous*. I don't really eat anything other than those and rice from there; I HATE the actual meals.

McDs and similar restaurants have been off the menu since last Christmas where I went out with my BF and his friends and we ended up in there at 3am in the morning. I got a cheeseburger and a chicken sandwich. As they were closing we couldn't eat in so we decided to take it home with us... Took us twenty minutes to find a taxi and another 15 to get back to his house so by the time I got round to eating it the chicken burger was rock solid and the coating was slimy and I managed to bend the cheeseburger patty to almost in half before it snapped :/

Dominoes is a definitely weakness of mine though, another one I'm trying to stop for the money aspect, but their cheesey dough balls are SO good!
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't like food most fast food places.
    I do like tuna sandwiches from Subway, but not to the point that I'm compelled to eat them if I pass one.
    I do like really good pizza, but I've been not putting myself in a position to be tempted. :D
    I love Panera Breads, which is probably the only fast food place I could ever say that about.
    Fast food eating wasn't what put the extra pounds on me. It was my love affair with great breads. LOL
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    it makes me sleepy and nauseous. We confirmed this over the weekend.

Mind you, my husband loves fast food and will eat it a lot.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Psychosomatic.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Psychosomatic.

ah so you're a psychiatrist now? and an MD? you can diagnose people over the internet?

fascinating.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Psychosomatic.

ah so you're a psychiatrist now? and an MD? you can diagnose people over the internet?

fascinating.

It really is psychosomatic. Most of the people saying it makes them "sick" happily enjoyed fast food for years.
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    Before I changed my diet I could eat a ton of fast food, but thankfully have lost the taste for it. Most of what I've tried in the last year, grilled chicken sandwiches mostly, taste like complete salt bombs to me. One thing that does actually physically gross me out, though, is the "Subway smell". I guess it's the bread or something, but it wafts out the door and I can smell a subway just walking by and it grosses me out hardcore on some basal level. I can't even bring myself to walk into one, blugh,
  • Sure wish I had that fear-sick-disgust relationship with fast food.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Psychosomatic.

fascinating.
    Seriously... anyone else?

Arby's, Mcd's, Burger King (especially), Wendy's, Taco Bell, you name it! It all makes me (physically) sick to my stomach. That and I don't find it appealing, even if it didn't make me feel ill.

I can't possibly be alone here.

It's not hard to call that one. It ALL makes the OP physically ill? Not like it? Surely a possibility. She's able to consume PB2, cookies, Pop Chips, sandwiches from Starbucks.. so yeah, not hard to call.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Sure wish I had that fear-sick-disgust relationship with fast food.

Sounds healthy and well-adjusted, right? "Anything with a McDonald's or Taco Bell logo makes me physically ill."
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    it's disgusting.
    i hate eating out, even at non fast food joints. i'd rather prepare and cook my own food.
    i dont even mess with fast food salads. that **** is barely vegetables
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I am - with the exception of TACO BELL - those Doritos Locos tacos are sooooo amazing! lol

make tacos in a bag using doritos, we used to do that at camp all the time :D
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! I wish I was repulsed by fast food. Well, I admit to being a bit repulsed by McDonalds but the others .....
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Sure wish I had that fear-sick-disgust relationship with fast food.

Sounds healthy and well-adjusted, right? "Anything with a McDonald's or Taco Bell logo makes me physically ill."

you done yet?
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree! I have only had minimal fast food the last two years. I prefer to cook my foods myself. I don't even like to go out to eat anywhere. My best friend was talking about the 'Tour de France' plate at Olive Garden and I told her it would probably make me sick but to enjoy :)

and this......I don't even mess with fast food salads. that **** is barely vegetables