Am I the only one who is repulsed by fast food?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• TJMiddaugh
    TJMiddaugh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i used to eat it all the time in my 20's. there was a span where i hadnt eaten fast food of any variety for almost 4 years, due to living arrangements and other life complications i was forced to eat out more than i'd like not too long ago again (had to stomache taco hell and subway again). but ive been back strong again for the last 5 months and it always makes me think WTF when i drive by jack in the box and see a never ending line of people waiting for their hot mess from the window. needless to say the smell, and even the thought really makes me sick. its just unfortunate how far removed society is from what REAL food even is or how to even attempt to make something with it. convenience is killing health. makes me want to hammer smash that little red "easy" button every one likes to push all the time. i feel super jaded about fast food (obviously) but i know first hand how damaging it is, and its destroying this country. people who dont use crack, meth, heroine dont really understand the grip it has over people. but i think if they put their junk/fast food/sugar/deep fried/sodium obsession in perspective they would have a lot better understanding of what its like. it makes me laugh to think about someone not being able to go without something as ridiculous as a cheeseburge, fried foods or even pounds of sugar every day
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yep me too, especially KFC *vomit*
  • ScarlettLeto
    Options
    Definitely not! I hate the smell, it makes me gag, and I absolutely hate the taste of it!
    When my friends get food when we're shopping I'll either bring food with me or buy something from another shop! I honestly can't stand it...
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I too am repulsed by fast food. The sheer amount of grease.... ugh. It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    My question for all the people grossed out by it:

Did you enjoy it before you started losing weight?
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I figure if I'm going to have burgers/fries, pizza etc.... it's going to be good food. A GOOD burger, a GOOD pizza. Most fast food joints don't make good burgers/pizza.

Not repulsed by fast food, just not impressed by the quality of the food at fast food joints.