Movies everybody else loves, that you could do without

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Dazed and Confused- As much as I love classic rock, this movie I dislike so much I now don't even like the songs that were in it. Just an irritating movie to me.

Titanic- I HATE movies that are basically designed just to make you cry. Don't you play with my emotions Hollywood.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Saving Private Ryan. I don't know, it just didn't resonate with me the way it did with so many people.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    This thread will make me hate humanity even more....
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    The Matrix. Everyone told me I would just LOVE it. It didn't live up to the hype in my opinion.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Will Smiths I Am Legend....I know everyone loved it, I couldn't wait to leave the theater...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This thread will make me hate humanity even more....

Have a coke and a smile.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Dazed and Confused- As much as I love classic rock, this movie I dislike so much I now don't even like the songs that were in it. Just an irritating movie to me.

Titanic- I HATE movies that are basically designed just to make you cry. Don't you play with my emotions Hollywood.

I boycotted Titanic as I can't stand Leonard DiCraprio - even the trailers & Celine bloody Dion songs make my skin crawl!

Twilight, The Hunger Games.... I will never see those either, thank you very much, I can't think of a movie I DID watch that I didn't like, I normally move along if it doesn't grab me, and steer clear of Hollywood blockbuster type crap... oh.... Ace Ventura Pet Detective! What the actual hell...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    The Hunger Games was actually good! I was expecting a twilight crap fest but it was violent and just all around great in my opinion. I would recommend it!
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    The Hunger Games was actually good! I was expecting a twilight crap fest but it was violent and just all around great in my opinion. I would recommend it!

My partner watched it last night (I refused & watched Alfred Hitchcock Presents instead) & I could hear all the yelling & killing & whatnot. He said it was crap lmao.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

My partner watched it last night (I refused & watched Alfred Hitchcock Presents instead) & I could hear all the yelling & killing & whatnot. He said it was crap lmao.

Well I went in expecting a terrible movie so my expectations were very low hahah
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I hated The Hangover.....

BORING as hell...
  • TheNorwegianGuy
    Options
    The twilight movies
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Inception. YAWN. And not as mindblowing as everyone made it out to be.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The Shining and any other Jack Nicholson movie. Everyone gasps when I say this, but I honestly don't find the guy talented.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    My Problems With The Dark Knight:

WARNING! Language below may be of the unsavory nature.

This list is in no particular order. I will state that the biggest disappointment in the movie was that the cool parts were just so damned cool that the lame parts really subtracted from what could have been a great super-hero movie!

I guess I will start with a problem I find universal to Super-hero and action movies. I call it the Pierce Brosnan effect. Let's look at the James Bond film, Die Another Day. We have a hero, James Bond who is badass. Why is he badass? Because he is James Bond! He is just innately badass for being who he is. Now, over the course of the movie, the hero's gadgets (namely, a certain Jaguar XKR which turned INVISIBLE) overshadow the innate coolness of James Bond. That is, James Bond always had nifty gadgets, but he used the gadgets in tight jams or out of context. He didn't have access to INVISIBLE CARS. Applying this to Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman is cool. He's the goddamned Batman for Christ's sake. He doesn't need a cellphone that can create sonar imagery of a building! I mean, Batman is supposed to take place in a fictional world that can be mistaken for the real world. There isn't a ****ing iPhone application that can map out a building. The gadget took away from Batman's innate coolness (keep in mind, Batman originated as the World's Greatest Detective!) by giving him a 'weapon' that automatically wipes out any need for detective work.

I am not a fan of Maggie Gyllanhall. She is rather matronly and I have a hard time thinking that Bruce Wayne would be attracted to her. Even harder than the time I had thinking Bruce Wayne would be attracted to Mrs. Cruise and her lazy eye. Casting a character who looks similar, okay, but they should have just gotten some slammin' hottie. Like Olivia Wilde.

Now we will move onto actual plot issues I had with the movie, starting small and working larger. This is just a little thing that didn't sit right with me. I don't know how many of you remember the little ***** who worked for Wayne Enterprises and was a malcontent. Portrayed by Joshua Harto, that was, the one and only, Coleman Reese. Coleman Reese? Who the **** is that? you may ask. Don't worry, I was asking that too...BUT...think about his back story. He, like I said, was a malcontent at Wayne Enterprises. What other Batman super-villain started out as a malcontent at Wayne Enterprises? That's right, the Riddler! But William, they never announce he's the Riddler! you say... Think about it. Coleman Reese. Mr. Reese. Mysteries. It's not exactly Edward Nygma (enigma), but you would think that the story-writers would have noticed that? My problem isn't that he could be The Riddler. My problem is that he's a little ****ing pudgy pissant in the movie and I would prefer someone badass and high-profile to be the Riddler, not Joshua Harto!

From a plot standpoint, Joker should have died. The only reason I believe that he lived is that Heath Ledger died. Which is dumb. My condolences to friends and family but there is no reason that what happens in the real world should affect what happens in a movie. The Joker should have been splattered all over the pavement. If anything Harvey Dent (Two-Face) should have survived--Eckhardt was signed on for a minimum of two movies.

But this little problem brings me to the big two. These last two issues really ruined the movie for me. The first is one scene. With two boats. And Joker explains each boat has the power to blow up the other boat. And what happens? No one blows up the other boat. And humanity wins. HUMANITY NEVER ****ING WINS! Throughout history, there is never a single instance of humanity actually beating the odds and doing what is right on such a large scale. Let's say there were 700 people per boat (probably a small estimate). That means that 1400 people didn't value their lives enough to blow up the other boat. Before some of you say that you wouldn't press the button, guess what, I would and I bet there aren't 1400 of you in Gotham City anyways! This would have been better: Joker says, "You press the button to blow up the other boat." Someone presses the button and it actually blows up their boat. That way Joker can have a laugh at the insanity and humanity doesn't win. I hate to be cynical, but I guarantee at least 1 out of 1400 people would value their lives enough to risk it. Especially since one was a boat of convicts! ****ing poor, man.

And finally, we work our way to the last issue. The last scene in the whole movie. Two-Face dies. Batman and Commissioner Gordon chat. It basically goes like this:
    Batman: "He's dead."
    Gordon: "Well, that sucks."
    Batman: "Wait, I'll take the heat for this."

WHAT?! There is no reason for Batman to assume guilt here! Even if they did want to preserve Dent's image, easy solution:
    Batman: "He's dead."
    Gordon: "Well, that sucks."
    Batman: "Let's pin this on Joker's goonies!"

Now Gotham City can still have its vigilante hero and Batman can keep his reputation that he tarnished for no ****ing reason! Anyways, I await the numerous responses I will probably get in response to this thread.
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

THIS for sure. My only reaction was "Okkkkkkk......"
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Most revently - Les Misrables, dull, too long, music was boring, predictable and indifferent story line. It REALLY annoyed me when people clspped at the end.
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options

This & Anything with Tom Cruise !
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The Notebook
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm not keen on Snatch. Or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. And the Star Wars thing.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    Most revently - Les Misrables, dull, too long, music was boring, predictable and indifferent story line. It REALLY annoyed me when people clspped at the end.
    In fairness to the storyline and its predictability, you do know that it is a 150 year old novel, right?

I haven't seen the most recent iteration so I can't speak for that, but I love the 2000 miniseries starring Gérard Depardieu and John Malkovich.