Movies everybody else loves, that you could do without

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Inception. YAWN. And not as mindblowing as everyone made it out to be.

I liked it but I didn't get how people couldn't "get" it - it wasn't that mind blowing... or maybe I didn't get it so much that I don't even realise I didn't get it? Maybe that was the point?...
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fast and the Furious. It isnt realistic.
    Anything with Tom Cruise
    Saw, all of them. No point... just death.
    Harry Potter... Sorry fans.
    Pretty Women
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

THIS for sure. My only reaction was "Okkkkkkk......"

Yep. Boooooorrrrinng. And Dirty Dancing. I know it's on all the time, but I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen it all the way through. (I'll probably see it sometime soon and love it now. lol)

Oh, and Zero Dark Thirty. No. Just no.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options

I boycotted Titanic as I can't stand Leonard DiCraprio - even the trailers & Celine bloody Dion songs make my skin crawl!

Twilight, The Hunger Games.... I will never see those either, thank you very much, I can't think of a movie I DID watch that I didn't like, I normally move along if it doesn't grab me, and steer clear of Hollywood blockbuster type crap... oh.... Ace Ventura Pet Detective! What the actual hell...

ALLLL RIIIIGGGHHTTTTYYYY TTTHHHEEEENNNNNN!:laugh:
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    The Notebook - PLEASE END ALREADY.
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    The Notebook

This!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Most revently - Les Misrables, dull, too long, music was boring, predictable and indifferent story line. It REALLY annoyed me when people clspped at the end.
    In fairness to the storyline and its predictability, you do know that it is a 150 year old novel, right?

I haven't seen the most recent iteration so I can't speak for that, but I love the 2000 miniseries starring Gérard Depardieu and John Malkovich.

Yes I know :-P I didn't know the storyline though, deliberately, and with all it's praise I thought it was going to be better.
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ya, another vote for "Inception" here......my son kept telling me what a great movie it was so I watched it and thought wtf???

Also "The Dark Knight". How many violent explosions do we need to see before we say enough already?
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options

I boycotted Titanic as I can't stand Leonard DiCraprio - even the trailers & Celine bloody Dion songs make my skin crawl!

Twilight, The Hunger Games.... I will never see those either, thank you very much, I can't think of a movie I DID watch that I didn't like, I normally move along if it doesn't grab me, and steer clear of Hollywood blockbuster type crap... oh.... Ace Ventura Pet Detective! What the actual hell...

ALLLL RIIIIGGGHHTTTTYYYY TTTHHHEEEENNNNNN!:laugh:

Is that Ace Ventura or The Mask? I'm sorry, I can't tell one awful Jim Carey movie from another.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    Anything that wins an Oscar or whatever award they hand out for movies! Cast Away, Terminal, F. Gump, Titantic......etc
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    The Princess Bride.

Watched the first 20 mins and fell asleep.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Will Smiths I Am Legend....I know everyone loved it, I couldn't wait to leave the theater...

Agreed! This made top top of my most hated movie list as soon as the dog was hurt.
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Agree!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Titanic...hate sad ending movies! I watch movies to escape.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    The Princess Bride.

Watched the first 20 mins and fell asleep.

OMG how awful is it?! We will be the odd ones out though I bet, people seem to be obsessed by that crud! I was forced to watch it when I was 18 by some guy that thought it was hilarious... I just sat there confused & edging further & further away from him...
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I couldn't finish Avatar. It was so boring with a storyline that's been done about a bajillion times. I can't believe how obsessed people were with it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I can get behind the enormous hate of the twilight movies. I always wondered if it could have been redeemed with a cast where 90% could actually act instead of a cast where 10% could sort of act. IIf it didn't mean that I was a cradle robber I would totally acknowledge that staring at Tyler Lautner after gaining all those muscles was enough to just run the movie on mute, but I'm not going to mention that (at least not until he's legal, somewhere around breaking dawn). I liked the books, but watching that first movie was enough for my eyes and ears to get together to discuss drinking the poison koolaid, and to never watch another movie from the series again.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Twilight Movies. All the movies with action heroes in it. Hulk, Avengers, spiderman, etc. Lord of the Rings, Star Wars.

Oh and Harry Potter movies. What? Never understood.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I couldn't finish Avatar. It was so boring with a storyline that's been done about a bajillion times. I can't believe how obsessed people were with it.

yessss, when I finally watched it all I could think was "how did this movie make headline news?"