Movies everybody else loves, that you could do without

Options

Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Godfather movies. Yawn. Long and boring. Plus I'm not big on period films.
  • Roverage
    Roverage Posts: 6
    Options
    THANK YOU. I agree. I mean - I like the movie but after the hype it was kind of a let down.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    All romantic comedies. Yeah, all of them. I can't think of a single one I actually thought was good.

13 going on 30. Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo were precious together.

Ok, I love Mark Ruffalo. I do not, however, like romantic comedies. I just don't. I think they're absurd.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Inception. YAWN. And not as mindblowing as everyone made it out to be.

This & Anything with Tom Cruise !

QFT
  • Raeesa777
    Raeesa777 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The Notebook... cudnt watch more then 5 minutes of it
  • DenverGirl93
    DenverGirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    the twilight and harry potter series..sorry dont see what everyone finds so fantastic about the series. I know this is not part of the original thread but the newest thing is to release an old movie in 3D. Really??!! why would I pay to see Jurassic Park again just because its in 3D??!!!
  • Kaasie1
    Kaasie1 Posts: 25
    Options
    - The Twilight saga
    - Anything with kristen steward or tom cruise in it
    Inception
    Crappy Disney sitcom movies
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Moulin Rouge
    Hangover
    Bridesmaids
    Fight Club
    Minority Report
    I Am Legend
    I Robot

I know there are many more.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'll go ahead and put on my bullet proof vest and helmet, ready for the beating I'm about to take due to the last movie on this list... and the others.

Reservoir Dogs - I appreciate the movie, in that I thought the premise was interesting, and certain scenes great, but I didn't care for it.
    Fight Club - I thought the "twist" at the end ruined it. I liked it up until then, but thought that was so completely and utterly ridiculous that I hated the movie then.
    Forrest Gump - Yep. No matter what I say, people always argue with me on this one. I just can't stand the movie at all. I don't find anyone in the movie likeable. Yes, I am a horrible human being.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Meet the Parents/Meet the Fockers. I never saw any of them. Also those American Pie movies.

100% agree with this. I don't much care for Ben Stiller when he isn't playing some oddball character, and can't STAND Barbra Streisand at all.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    the twilight and harry potter series..sorry dont see what everyone finds so fantastic about the series. I know this is not part of the original thread but the newest thing is to release an old movie in 3D. Really??!! why would I pay to see Jurassic Park again just because its in 3D??!!!

Ok - I broke down and saw Jurassic Park in 3D because I LOVE that movie, and this was my chance to see it on the big screen, considering I was... 3 when it first came out. So, there are people that see it for that reason (just to see it on the big screen). The 3D I wasn't really excited for, and I usually hate post-converted movies, but in this case, the 3D actually did add something to the movie. I was very conflicted leaving the theater because of my staunch hatred of post conversion 3D but for once I actually liked it.

But yes, I agree with you, the fad, in general, annoys me.

But Jurassic Park 3D was awesome.

Again, so conflicting!
  • daisydaisy99
    daisydaisy99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids - I mean really? And for an Oscar nomination to have come out of this drek is even worse!

And whoever was looking for an adult who liked the Twilight movies, that would be me! 2 words - Tyler Lautner - jailbait or not - Yum!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    The Wizard of Oz and, many years later, Star Wars.

I fully agree with Wizard of Oz, but not Star Wars. I can't say I'm a fanatic, but as a space nerd, not to enjoy Star Wars is a punishable offense! :noway:
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    The Notebook. I just cleaned out my movies and realized I had 3 copies that people have given me as gifts :noway:

The Matrix.

Sorry guys, Starwars.

Ace Vantura.

Bridesmaids

Uck Napolian Dynomite, like wtf :noway: :grumble: :noway:
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ferris Buller's Day off. - The original "self entitled twerp has fun at everyone else's expense and abuses all his friend's trust" movie.
    Anything with Ben Stiller or Will Ferrel in it.
    The Harry Potter series - The first one was OK, the rest were crap.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    There's Something About Mary

I kept hearing about how funny it was from people at work. I thought it was mostly boring.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Twilight -- needs no explanation.

I also recently watched the National Lampoon Christmas movie, and was severely underwhelmed. I do love Chevy Chase though. But the National Lampoon movies in general are trite and not as funny as people make them out to be.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

It insists upon itself
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pulp Fiction. I tried to watch it four times. Never did make it all the way through it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

It insists upon itself

QFT