Movies everybody else loves, that you could do without

Options

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Anything with Kevin Costner. Oh yeah, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. That guy had like 20 years to learn how to act with some level of competence, and he could not do it. Sheesh! Not giving him my money.

I have to agree about Arnold's acting ability. The only movies he was ever in that I would actually call GOOD required very little acting on his part because they were written specifically for him. Those were Predator, Terminator 1 & 2, Conan the Barbarian & Conan the Destroyer, and True Lies. There really isn't anything else I've ever seen with him that I would want to sit through a second time.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The Hangover.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Titanic...all I could think was when is the stupid boat going to sink already...BORING!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Titanic.

The Breakfast Club
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I couldn't finish Avatar. It was so boring with a storyline that's been done about a bajillion times. I can't believe how obsessed people were with it.

I liked the first half of Avatar. Then when they started fighting for 90 minutes I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I felt Avatar was a good overall movie that was very entertaining. However I could not get over the fact that the story was essentially borrowed from Ferngully: The Last Rainforest, and knowing that somehow makes me feel that as good as it was, it doesn't deserve all the hype it got (except of course for visual effects).
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    twilight :grumble:
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Twilight. All of them.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    All romantic comedies. Yeah, all of them. I can't think of a single one I actually thought was good.

13 going on 30. Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo were precious together.

Is The Bounty Hunter considered a romantic comedy? If so, that one was pretty awesome. I also liked Friends w/ Benefits.....how can anyone not like Justin Timberlake? One of the best SNL hosts and is also funny in Bad Teacher.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Oh! What was that Emma Stone movie where like, she pretends to have sex with everybody and stuff? IMDB help me out here... Easy A! Didn't like that one. Didn't think it was funny. Thought it was kind of terrible. Everybody else I know loves it.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Omg....

Superbad
    Dazed and Confused
    Zack and Miri
    Austin Powers
    Dodgeball
    All the "Scream" movies
    All the "Scary" movies
    Pineapple Express
    The Hangover
    How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

The 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies - I actually fell asleep in the theater 3 times during the 3rd Matrix movie... couldn't believe it was still playing!!

And I'm pretty sure there are like 50 others that I just can't think of right now.....

What sucks is my "best" friend asks what kind of movie I would like for my birthday (I have an obsession with movies...) and I say things like "Boy in the Stripped Pajamas", or "Katyn" (Polish film - AMAZING), and he gets me..... "Superbad" and "Zack and Miri".:huh:
    Yeah.... watched them both. Hated them both. Seriously, why even ask me what I want?!
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings .. All of them !
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Twilight + Titanic
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    The Notebook ...good lord, it was okay at best.

*ducks from things being thrown at me
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games.... I read the book first and thought it was dreadful, saw the movie and it was even worse.

I broke down & read the book when I saw it became the best selling series of all time on Amazon. Luckily I was able to borrow it for free on my Kindle. I have no desire to see the movie, I don't get all the hype. The only thing I can figure is that people like to buy (or watch) something based upon its Q rating, not upon the true worth of its content.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I also didn't like The Princess Bride. When I tell people this they act like I said I murdered my family. It wasn't funny to me.
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hated The Hangover.....

BORING as hell...

THIS! Even watched it a second time in case I was just in an off mood. Nope.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Meet the Parents/Meet the Fockers. I never saw any of them. Also those American Pie movies.
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    just movies in general. i really do not enjoy films. i enjoy the odd chick flick and cartoon kids film every now and then but i really do not enjoy the film-watching experience. *shudder*
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Princess Bride