Movies everybody else loves, that you could do without

Options

Replies

• bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Every mainstream Hollywood movie blows. And so does any movie glorifying xtianity (or any other religion for that matter).
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    For those of you who remember Momento - Guy Pearce. Got to be the stupidest movie I have ever seen. Saw it when it cam rout in the late 90's and still can't stand it today.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    What About Bob. My roomate in college and I first bonded over the fact that we seemed to be the only 2 people in the world who are really pissed off by that movie. I guess I don't find it funny when someone is being a **** and the other person won't stand up for themself
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Most revently - Les Misrables, dull, too long, music was boring, predictable and indifferent story line. It REALLY annoyed me when people clspped at the end.
    In fairness to the storyline and its predictability, you do know that it is a 150 year old novel, right?

I haven't seen the most recent iteration so I can't speak for that, but I love the 2000 miniseries starring Gérard Depardieu and John Malkovich.

:flowerforyou:

I liked the movie...yes Russel Crowe could have been replaced with someone better, but overall it was good. Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job as Fantine.

Oh, and my pick for movie I could do without...The Hangover...please, NO
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I couldn't finish Avatar. It was so boring with a storyline that's been done about a bajillion times. I can't believe how obsessed people were with it.

yessss, when I finally watched it all I could think was "how did this movie make headline news?"
    Yes. It was Dances With Wolves with blue people instead of Native Americans.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Scarface
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Night at the Roxbury.....It just wasn't that funny.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Fight club.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    As long as no one says,"Star Wars," I think I will be OK.

I am going to agree with someone else and say that Titanic is overrated. I also never liked A Clockwork Orange.
  • AbigailClarke48
    Options
    Dazed and Confused- As much as I love classic rock, this movie I dislike so much I now don't even like the songs that were in it. Just an irritating movie to me.

Titanic- I HATE movies that are basically designed just to make you cry. Don't you play with my emotions Hollywood.

Me too! Add 'The Notebook'.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I think most movies are crap and a waste of my time but then again I feel the same way about television.

Anything with Will Ferrell in it except for Talladega Nights. That *kitten* is hilarious.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    People keep saying Twilight like some people actually like those movies...I don't know a single adult that does!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Titanic-my sister started crying when the opening credits rolled

Twilight--sorry couldn't pay me enough to watch this drivel about the quest for a boyfriend

Wolverine origines
    How bout we have a look at anoy of the 5 zillion comics with Wolverines origine story... No were jiust gonna make it up as we go along,,,, And for that matter

X-men 3----Now I hate Cyclopse as much as the next self respecting comic book fan...but hes the only x-men to die of old age....And F u the phonix was no split personality she was an alien super being....grrrrrrr:grumble:
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    The Social Network.

I remember when it came out and it was nominated for all these awards and everyone was going crazy over it so I watched it and I was like "...That was it?" I felt like I spent the whole movie waiting for something to happen and it never really did.

I'm sure there are plenty more that I can't think of now that I will remember later.

But wow, a lot of you guys didn't like Inception! I love that movie! Or do I just love Marion Cotillard? ....I'm not actually sure. She's the reason I even saw it in the first place...
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Any of the cheesy romantic movies or over the top productions. Titanic. The Notebook. Dirty Dancing. (gah) and similar movies.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

^ This. I couldn't stay awake. Also agree with Titanic and Inception.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Twilight, The Notebook, any romantic stuff you can think of.... EWWW
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    All romantic comedies. Yeah, all of them. I can't think of a single one I actually thought was good.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games was actually good! I was expecting a twilight crap fest but it was violent and just all around great in my opinion. I would recommend it!

I like it better the first time around when it was called The Running Man with Arnold S.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ace Ventura Pet Detective.
    Not a Jim Carey fan.