My husband won't diet with me

Options

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    wifely submission means honoring that your spouse is the head of house and the leader of the home. He is her covering. it means that she respects and loves her husband.

tumblr_mb0dydfUJA1rq1vxuo1_500.gif
  • NPAdamsPope
    Options
    Are you the one buying groceries? If so, just buy healthier stuff and don't make as much food. If you both buy groceries, then . . . I don't know. Lead by example, I guess. If he follows, great. If not, then I still don't know.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Mine either.

When I'm cooking, I prepare less. It doesn't help much, though. If he wants more food, he fends for himself through the kitchen. I'm becoming rather dismayed by that big old belly of his! He considers it perfectly normal, even to be expected that he put on a lot of weight at his age (60).

The upside is that I get no pressure from him at all. I don't have to lose weight to please him.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Withhold sex.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I figure if my husband doesn't get with the program to lose weight and get healthy, one day I will be the hottest widow in town.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You lost me at wifely submission. Of course, I'm a divorcee. :laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You need to stop putting foods like ice cream, syrup, and whip cream avaliable in the house. You are both examples for your children and they are going to develop bad habits....

I agree.

Why?

It's him who can't control himself.

Apparently OP is more than capable of having a bowl of ice cream and not over indulging.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    :laugh: If you cant find the gumption to change things set his hefty *kitten* in front of this thread......let him read it page by page. If that doesnt work and he bucks he will NEVER change :laugh:

If you are her husband and you are reading this................stop being gross and lazy dont you wanna see your junk in a standing position again? GET WTH THE PROGRAM SIR!!! Be a role model to your children and FFS would it kill you to cook her dinner and rub her feet she had your kids. SMH
  • mdspencer_uk
    Options
    promise him a BJ for every pound he loses.... i bet he'll drop weight like nobody's business.

sorted

You should write a diet book

It would be the shortest diet book ever written and a best seller.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Honestly and frankly tell him that you're worried about his health. You want to grow old with him, not tend to his hospital bed. *shrug*
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    promise him a BJ for every pound he loses.... i bet he'll drop weight like nobody's business.

sorted

^^LOL! ;-) Agree 100% and

'there really isn't an easy answer for that. lead by example once he sees the results of your weight loss and feeling really good and energetic he might decide to jump into eating less with you. a lot of times that is the only thing that can make him see and not nag.'
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    Isn't the kitchen your place of reign?

In_the_kitchen.gif

Stop buying all the junk food and cook only healthy foods? Or if this is too much trouble go to the basement and sneak your ice cream cravings there.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I almost stopped reading as soon as I got to "wifely submission" but managed to continue. My two cents.... while it's not your place to try to force him or make him follow your new habits, it's also not neccessary for you to cook so much if you're the one doing the cooking. Cook enough for "normal" portions for your family with no leftovers. If your scooping up icecream, make a bowl with one scoop for yourself, and one scoop for him. If he wants more he can get up and make it himself. Sort of a take on "teach a man to fish" sorta deal.

I wish you the best of luck. In the end, the best you can do is look after your health first.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Off topic but hoping someone can tell me ~ is there a way to set it so when I open a thread that I've already read some of, that it will automatically take me to the last post I read? It's a PITA to come back later and start all over again.

TIA if anyone can help me! :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Pray for him. Only God can change his heart. And, whatever you do, don't nag! Keep a good attitude and let the changes in you speak for themselves. Easy? No. Worth it? Absolutely.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    well its easy just make less food that way he will eat less

I was thinking the same thing and if you are the type of wife that does everything around the house including shopping then buy things that are healthy......he cannot eat what is not there unless he goes to get it himself if you want to stand your ground. Edy's Slow Churned is really good and there are numerous alternatives out there that are healthy yet still satisfying.

He will probably resent you if you push the subject when he is not ready though so think it through.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options

sorted

LOL. :laugh:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    My first reaction was "I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to go on a diet either." Just start cooking whole healthy food, stop buying things he likes to binge on, and concentrate on your own health. Don't concentrate on all the stuff you have to stop eating. Start adding whole healthy food. When somebody says you can't have something the first thing that happens is you rebel and go straight for the thing you can't have. For me, nothing is off limits. I choose to eat things that fuel my body. However, if I want a cupcake, I have a cupcake. No binging, and no guilt.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Tell him he will not live to see his children grow old... and that you will be left to pick up the pieces....

I'm sure he's pre-diabetic if not already suffering from Type II and just doesn't know it yet. Ask yourself why he doesn't care about himself. And forget wifely submission... if my husband was eathing himself to DEATH I would speak up....
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.