Milk

Options
swanke17
swanke17 Posts: 46 Member
1% or 2%...What's your opinion and why? Growing up we always drank Fat Free, now I drink 1% most of the time and sometimes 2%.

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Anything under 1.5% tastes terrible to me. We get 2% because that's what I started buying when my son was little, and it's what he prefers now. I was more fat-phobic back then, though, and when he goes off to college I'll probably switch to buying whole from a local dairy--more expensive, but we won't be going through gallons and gallons a week.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    4%
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Been consuming organic 2%, mostly for the extra CLA for the last 5 yrs or so switching to organic goat milk periodically. Preference should be the key reason imo. Not a fan of 0 fat, nor would I serve it to anyone because of the milk powders used for taste and viscosity,
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Drink what tastes the best to you.

For me, that's 2%
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    3.25% milk is the best but I drink 1% on a daily basis!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I buy 2% for my girlie and when I want to actually drink a glass of milk (not very often) that is what I'll have.

When I have cereal or use milk in a protein shake I use almond milk. Way less calories and a lot more calcium than cow's milk. It doesn't taste any different to me in cereal or shakes.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Chocolate DUH
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Soya!
  • rustvaar
    rustvaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chocolate DUH

Agreed.
    Fantastic response, fantastic profile pic!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't really care. I'll happily drink anything from skim to whole. Whole goes better into coffee, but then again cream is better still.

I buy whole milk, though, because the girlfriend won't touch anything else.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    skim, almond, soy, or chocolate.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking skim milk, so I just stayed with that. Cereal is pretty tasty with almond milk, though.
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just try not to drink milk.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood and what fits my macro requirements for the day. I drink everything from skim to whole.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Full fat, raw, and grass fed -- I'm fortunate to know someone who raises dairy cows.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I drink raw grass fed, full fat. It tastes incredible.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    used to drink skim, but switched over to unsweetened almond milk....and I'm never going back.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    1% or 2%...What's your opinion and why? Growing up we always drank Fat Free, now I drink 1% most of the time and sometimes 2%.

Personally I am switching to full fat to meet macros. I was going back and forth from full to 2% but until I hit a plateau I am not going to change fat content in daily intake. When and if my body needs a metabolic shift to continue weight loss then I will alter my diet. Fat doesnt make you gain weight sitting on your *kitten* and eating non stop does.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I find the taste of whole milk repulsive and can only just tolerate 2%. I love skim royale from Fred Meyers (QFC). My bf thinks it taste like watered down milk but I love it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Been consuming organic 2%, mostly for the extra CLA for the last 5 yrs or so switching to organic goat milk periodically. Preference should be the key reason imo. Not a fan of 0 fat, nor would I serve it to anyone because of the milk powders used for taste and viscosity,

FYI: CLA is a trans fat, and all trans fats are bad for you