Milk

Options

Replies

• twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

If you're white, you can probably drink milk with zero problems, so go for it.
    *White ppl can drink milk no problems...........

If you're not, you have a higher likelihood of lactose intolerance, so it's more likely to cause you problems.
    *Non white ppl are probably LI so milk will cause problems

might*
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I love how alot of the posts that support milk have hotties as their profile picture.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking cow's milk when I realized I was drinking the secretions of an animal outside of my own species. It got a little weird then.

I drink almond milk and coconut milk. Dark almond milk mixed with coconut milk is incredibly good.

Are you a vegetarian? If not, is it weirder drinking their nutritive secretions, or cutting them up into little pieces and eating their insides?

Nope, not a vegetarian. I prefer them for their higher nutritive values, and the fact that I'm not drinking something that was designed for calves to drink. No animal but human drinks milk from another species. It just seems weird to me.

I STILL love butter, ice cream, yogurt and all the fun dairy products MADE from milk, but just not milk itself.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking cow's milk when I realized I was drinking the secretions of an animal outside of my own species. It got a little weird then.

I drink almond milk and coconut milk. Dark almond milk mixed with coconut milk is incredibly good.

Are you a vegetarian? If not, is it weirder drinking their nutritive secretions, or cutting them up into little pieces and eating their insides?

Nope, not a vegetarian. I prefer them for their higher nutritive values, and the fact that I'm not drinking something that was designed for calves to drink. No animal but human drinks milk from another species. It just seems weird to me.

I STILL love butter, ice cream, yogurt and all the fun dairy products MADE from milk, but just not milk itself.

You've apparently never watched the cats and dogs gather around at milking time. I doubt that many animals would turn down milk, cow or otherwise, given the opportunity.
  • erwinol
    erwinol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    100% Almond.

Humans were not designed to drink cows milk, baby cows were.

Hmmm, so you were around when we were being designed??? That's interesting ......can you tell us some more ??

The human body produces lactase (with an "A") until the age of 3. It is the enzyme that helps us to digest lactose, the sugar of milk. It means that after 3 years old, we shouldn't be able to digest milk (even your own mother's milk). If we keep drinking it, the body adapts but if you stop for a certain time, you will become lactose intolerant.

It is the same with cats. Everybody knows that adult cats are lactose intolerant. But if you give them milk every week for years, they will be able to digest them.

That's the proof milk is for babies (no matter what species they are).

Cow milk is intended for baby cows (like women milk is for human babies ... we never though about selling it in stores right ?).
    Cows have 4 stomach, we only have one. That's why it is so difficult for us to digest cow's milk. Goat milk is easier because their digestive system looks more like ours.

100% of asian people are lactose intolerant.
    More than 60% of black people are too.
    Around 10% of white peoples are (because in our culture we drink more milk and we adapt).

Do you need more proofs ? :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

That's just plan nonsense and not true. Dogs, cats and most other mammals will drink the milk of another species if it is made available. Drink what you want but don't insult people's intelligence with pretzel logic.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

So its not weird to take a secretion from a cow and then lace it bacteria, let it ferment, and then eat that? Separate the cream and agitate it until it forms a hardened fat? Or process it further into cheese or whatever?
  • DavidC1857
    Options
    The human body produces lactase (with an "A") until the age of 3. It is the enzyme that helps us to digest lactose, the sugar of milk. It means that after 3 years old, we shouldn't be able to digest milk (even your own mother's milk). If we keep drinking it, the body adapts but if you stop for a certain time, you will become lactose intolerant.

It is the same with cats. Everybody knows that adult cats are lactose intolerant. But if you give them milk every week for years, they will be able to digest them.

Yeah, could you actually provide some proofs?

I quit drinking milk over a year ago. I started up again a month or so ago for awhile and quit again. No problems. How long do I have to go without milk before I can't tolerate it?

I have an 8 year old cat. She rarely ever gets milk, but occasionally I give her some. She loves the stuff. Again, no problems. So how long do I have to keep her off of milk before she can't tolerate it any more?
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    Im confused about something.. All of you who say we shouldnt drink another animals milk.. Are you saying then that you would drink the milk from a lactating human? o_O
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

That's just plan nonsense and not true. Dogs, cats and most other mammals will drink the milk of another species if it is made available. Drink what you want but don't insult people's intelligence with pretzel logic.

but those species don't go seeking it out voluntarily in the wild. we're talking about very extreme circumstances OR circumstances propagated by us.

i'm not sure it's a great reason to not drink milk... since your body has evolved through nature to be able to properly digest another species' milk... but it's fallaceous to say that animals willingly and purposefully seek out nourishment in the form of milk from other species unless they've been conditioned in some way or another to do so
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

So its not weird to take a secretion from a cow and then lace it bacteria, let it ferment, and then eat that? Separate the cream and agitate it until it forms a hardened fat? Or process it further into cheese or whatever?

A consistent and logical thought process is too much to ask for.
    Instead, we have....

tinhatchick.jpg
  • twelfty
    Options
    ........... got milk?
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options

You know it is amusing I was just about the write something very similar. While I don't reject people's desire to move toward other liquids, as that is their choice, but for me as a vegetarian (not vegan), milk plays an important part of helping me meet my protein targets. Almond milk is not a good protein source (1g/c versus 8g/c) , and I am sorry but I don' t care for Soy Milk (besides there is only so much soy I want in my life).

Anyone who doesn't want to consume animal milks entirely your choice but you aren't likely to convince us and we aren't likely to convince you so why bother with the silly statements both ways?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I quit drinking milk over a year ago. I started up again a month or so ago for awhile and quit again. No problems. How long do I have to go without milk before I can't tolerate it?

I have an 8 year old cat. She rarely ever gets milk, but occasionally I give her some. She loves the stuff. Again, no problems. So how long do I have to keep her off of milk before she can't tolerate it any more?

you're white. you're probably fine.
  • DavidC1857
    Options

I'm going to assume that was sarcasm. Or you completely missed the claims in the post I was replying to.

My cat is black. She should be heaving the stuff back up.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    but those species don't go seeking it out voluntarily in the wild. we're talking about very extreme circumstances OR circumstances propagated by us.

Cats, dogs, squirrels, and mice greedily lapping up a bit of spilled milk in a barn or kitchen is a "very extreme circumstance."

Reddy, you get funnier every day.
  • twelfty
    Options
    lmao this thread just took a turn for funny
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    100% Almond.

Humans were not designed to drink cows milk, baby cows were.

Hmmm, so you were around when we were being designed??? That's interesting ......can you tell us some more ??

Cow milk is intended for baby cows (like women milk is for human babies ... we never though about selling it in stores right ?).
    Cows have 4 stomach, we only have one. That's why it is so difficult for us to digest cow's milk. Goat milk is easier because their digestive system looks more like ours.

100% of asian people are lactose intolerant.
    More than 60% of black people are too.
    Around 10% of white peoples are (because in our culture we drink more milk and we adapt).

YES, I do.....

I know Asians that drink milk every day .....Myth BUSTED
    I also know MANY "Black Peoples" and almost all of the one's I know drink milk daily also .....
    And I know quite a few "White People" too, and WAY less than 10% of them can not drink milk.
    And I am 46, and as said in the rest of my post you did not copy, I have been drinking between 1/2 to 1 full gallon a day for probably 36+ yrs .... Full Fat, whole milk .....

let's here some more of this BS you are spouting in here now ..........Why do you people find it neccessary to try and push your agenda onto everyone else. Did I say that you should be drinking milk?? NOPE, I sure didn't, did I ?? I stated that I do. And will continue to do so, NO MATTER what your uber educated fingers want to type on here .....
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I'm going to assume that was sarcasm. Or you completely missed the claims in the post I was replying to.

My cat is black. She should be heaving the stuff back up.

smh

it's really not a good idea to feed grown cats milk by the way.
    Turns out that you can’t believe everything you see on television! Milk should not be fed to cats as a treat or a substitute for water. Cats do not possess significant amounts of lactase, the enzyme that breaks down lactose in milk. Feeding milk and milk-based products to cats can actually cause them to vomit or have diarrhea.

ASPCA
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Your cat might have issues. Cats are very, very good at hiding discomfort and pain. It's entirely possible, or even likely, that milk causes her issues and you have no idea.