Milk

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    LOL I agree with the last paragraph. Sheesh, why are we humans doing this?? Purely economics for the farmers.

Who was conditioning people 8000 years ago to drink cow's milk? Was it farmers pushing milk on society?

I'm with you on this. If you're not lactose intolerant, go ahead and drink milk.

to say we shouldn't drink milk because we weren't designed to do so while simultaneously ignoring the fact that caucasian people have EVOLVED to be able to is frankly a little absurd.

you either believe in evolution or you don't.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    You - A HUMAN - have to GIVE it to them!!

"Giving" and "conditioning" are pretty separate concepts.

You've claimed each is necessary.

So maybe just say "OK, I made a mistake. You don't need to condition them. You just need to present them with the opportunity."

they are not separate concepts. go learn something.

edit: I'm on your side for ****s sake and you still act like a petulant child.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    this is crazy

a lot of people drink milk and still end up "healthy" and get amazing results.

a lot of bodybuilders have cut out dairy and also get amazing results.

do what is convenient for you or works for your lifestyle and quit arguing
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I can't help but find the irony in a scrawny beachbody coach, who sells awful supplements like Shakeology , lecturing people on the health benefits/risk of milk.

where did i do that? read my posts before you make asinine assumptions.

aw, ilovedeadlift, got it before the edit to preserve your jumping to conclusions! :flowerforyou:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is a very thought provoking thread. This thought just came to mind.

Milk is a complete meal...for a baby. Why as humans are we drinking it in addition to eating full solid meals too?

It seems like doubling up for no reason. Like drinking Ensure or other common tube feedings.

A contributor to obesity? Likely.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

RIGHT!

You - A HUMAN - have to GIVE it to them!!

how are y'all not grasping this. of course they'll drink whatever you put in front of them. they're dumb animals. my cats will drink soap water if it's in the sink. they'll get sick afterwards, but they'll keep doing it anyway!

seriously people

Seriously? You're cats ARE dumb if they'll drink soap water. Mine seem to be smart enough to only eat stuff that doesn't make them sick.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Chocolate DUH

Agreed.
    Fantastic response, fantastic profile pic!

^^^
    This, this, a thousand times this!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options

got it before the edit to preserve your jumping to conclusions! :flowerforyou:

my apologies. the way you were arguing made it look like you were against humans consuming milk.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    People didn't drink milk until the early 1900's when refrigeration became available.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    This is a very thought provoking thread. This thought just came to mind.
    Milk is a complete meal...for a baby. Why as humans are we drinking it in addition to eating full solid meals too?
    It seems like doubling up for no reason. Like drinking Ensure or other common tube feedings.
    A contributor to obesity? Likely.

Babies need lots of nutrition to grow and develop, and milk covers those bases.
    So for an athlete who wants to grow, and needs ample nutrition, why wouldn't milk be a good addition to their diet.

Everytime I've seen someone arguing against people drinking milk, while saying it isn't natural, no other animals do it, etc they are:
    A. A vegan who has been loaded with a bunch of propaganda
    B. A crosffitter who buys into some paleo nonsense
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    While you’ve probably always been told to drink reduced-fat milk, the majority of scientific studies show that drinking whole milk actually improves cholesterol levels, just not as much as drinking fat-free does.

2% - The best milk option, if you want to cut calories, is to go for lower-fat milk varieties – 1 cup of 2% milk has 24 fewer calories then 1 cup of whole milk (and a cup of skim milk has 36 fewer calories than 2%). But 2% isn’t a poor nutritious choice-it still comes with belly-filling protein and loaded with 286mg of calcium, which meets nearly a third of your daily calcium needs.

Fat-free- Fat free milk has the most calcium, the least fat, and the fewest calories of all the milk varieties. Whichever you choose, here’s one more pitch for drinking the stuff: Milk is one of the best muscle foods on the planet. The protein in milk is about 80% casein and 20% whey. Both are high-quality proteins.

Good info. Thanks!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Whole milk is 8%.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and I still drink cow's milk. Of course it's the Lactaid brand, but cow's milk nonetheless. I stick to 2%, I never liked the taste of anything less than that, and whole milk is cool, but I've been conditioned to think full fat = bad. I'm slowly coming out of that line of thought.

I'll occasionally buy soy milk when I feel like it, but cow's milk all the way, lactose intolerance and all.

I'm never giving up dairy. It's too delicious.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

got it before the edit to preserve your jumping to conclusions! :flowerforyou:

my apologies. the way you were arguing made it look like you were against humans consuming milk.

if you're not lactose intolerant, drink it. however, that doesn't mean that animals are able to drink it without issues, as mammals across the board lose the ability to produce lactase as they age.

caucasians are only an exception because we've evolved to continue producing lactase over thousands of years.

very simple.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    People didn't drink milk until the early 1900's when refrigeration became available.

:laugh:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

No, they drank milk before then, it was just freshly squeezed.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I vote almond. LOL I don't drink cows milk. They want to put artificial sweeteners in it. I'd vote for organic whole milk if you are going to drink it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Totally untrue
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Wow. Just wow.:noway: