Milk

Options

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    caucasians are only an exception because we've evolved to continue producing lactase over thousands of years.

very simple.

sounds like a big win for us. because I love cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is a very thought provoking thread. This thought just came to mind.
    Milk is a complete meal...for a baby. Why as humans are we drinking it in addition to eating full solid meals too?
    It seems like doubling up for no reason. Like drinking Ensure or other common tube feedings.
    A contributor to obesity? Likely.

Babies need lots of nutrition to grow and develop, and milk covers those bases.
    So for an athlete who wants to grow, and needs ample nutrition, why wouldn't milk be a good addition to their diet.

Everytime I've seen someone arguing against people drinking milk, while saying it isn't natural, no other animals do it, etc they are:
    A. A vegan who has been loaded with a bunch of propaganda
    B. A crosffitter who buys into some paleo nonsense

Very true about athletes but most of us are not athletes. As we get up a little in age, many people have families and have different goals. I'm in this group. Now I just want to be presentable. :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You - A HUMAN - have to GIVE it to them!!

"Giving" and "conditioning" are pretty separate concepts.

You've claimed each is necessary.

So maybe just say "OK, I made a mistake. You don't need to condition them. You just need to present them with the opportunity."

they are not separate concepts. go learn something.

edit: I'm on your side for ****s sake and you still act like a petulant child.

Leaving a plate of milk on the porch = conditioning squirrels to drink milk.

Got it.

:laugh:

BTW, I'm not on any "side" of this discussion. The only "side" I'm on is that of reality and intellectual honesty. The fact that you see "sides" here says a lot.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Milk is a complete meal...for a baby. Why as humans are we drinking it in addition to eating full solid meals too?

It seems like doubling up for no reason. Like drinking Ensure or other common tube feedings.

Yes dont drink orange juice if you eat an orange that would be wayyyyyyyy to much vitamin C, OMG I am rolling my eyes so hard and laughing so hard at some ppl on this thread I will be sore tomorrow!

Mothers milk is the only complete meal for a baby because of their digestive system and the enzymes and other things in the mothers milk or formula that help make their digestive system stronger to prepare them for whole foods. You do not give a baby milk until they are around the age of 1. And by then they have already been introduced to solid foods. If you are only giving your baby milk as nourishment you need to have your child taken from you. Your statement while funny as all get up is way off base and totally untrue
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    People didn't drink milk until the early 1900's when refrigeration became available.

I really hope this is a troll post and not stupidity. Cause if it is... We are all doomed.
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    People didn't drink milk until the early 1900's when refrigeration became available.

No, they drank milk before then, it was just freshly squeezed.

It wasn't available to the masses I should have said.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The protein in milk has great bioavailability and it tastes good. Good reasons to drink it.

And no, too much food in general and not moving enough is the contributor to obesity, not a single food group. Also it's irrelevant for people tracking their food in any event.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

Very true about athletes but most of us are not athletes. As we get up a little in age, many people have families and have different goals. I'm in this group. Now I just want to be presentable. :)

I'm sorry. I guess what I should have said, anyone who wants to be bigger/stronger.
    Milk is a super affordable source of protein/fats/carbs and works great for people who aren't trying to be skinny, and well it's worked well for me even when cutting.

Obesity and milk consumption aren't linked as suggested. The increase in consumption of corn based products correlates well with the increase in obesity in America.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

I really hope this is a troll post and not stupidity. Cause if it is... We are all doomed.

I am betting all my chips on...DOOMED
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

contribution to obesity is when people started eating more than they move
    lack of education on proper diets.

I drink milk all the time. It is one of my favorite things to drink.

If i did become lactose intolerant I will add a lactase pill when I do consume dairy.

too many people in here want to find something to blame on why they are/were overweight
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

And still wrong.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Skim all the way- I can tolerate 1% but 2% and whole just feel like im eating my milk to me!
  • ctalimenti
    Options

Yes dont drink orange juice if you eat an orange that would be wayyyyyyyy to much vitamin C, OMG I am rolling my eyes so hard and laughing so hard at some ppl on this thread I will be sore tomorrow!

Mothers milk is the only complete meal for a baby because of their digestive system and the enzymes and other things in the mothers milk or formula that help make their digestive system stronger to prepare them for whole foods. You do not give a baby milk until they are around the age of 1. And by then they have already been introduced to solid foods. If you are only giving your baby milk as nourishment you need to have your child taken from you. Your statement while funny as all get up is way off base and totally untrue

Gee, I'm sorry. I meant a baby cow. After all, we are talking about cow's milk. Yikes.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

stop

if it wasnt available to the masses then people would not have adapted to producing more lactase past birth

the information you are saying is wrong and you need to stop typing a bunch of random conclusion that comes to your mind
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." - Ron Swanson
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'd try to keep drinking human breast milk, since that's what we were designed to drink...but they don't let me into the maternity ward anymore...
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    You - A HUMAN - have to GIVE it to them!!

"Giving" and "conditioning" are pretty separate concepts.

You've claimed each is necessary.

So maybe just say "OK, I made a mistake. You don't need to condition them. You just need to present them with the opportunity."

they are not separate concepts. go learn something.

edit: I'm on your side for ****s sake and you still act like a petulant child.

Leaving a plate of milk on the porch = conditioning squirrels to drink milk.

Got it.

BTW, I'm not on any "side" of this discussion. The only "side" I'm on is that of reality and intellectual honesty. The fact that you see "sides" here says a lot.

be quiet.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Better check your facts on that one. Yikes.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just try not to drink milk.

same here since i am lactose intollerant but sometimes drink some skim milk really have to look for that almond milk never heard about it before joining here but it sounds fantastic