This may sound evil, but....keeping it real.

Options
12345679»

Replies

• commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There are many reasons not to have children, as there are many reasons to have them. The fear of body changing and weight gain is something that every woman that want kids has...well I guess. But it should not stop you from having a child if thats what you want deep down inside.

I don't want children for various reasons and I have thought about it very hard before making this decision and it does NOT involve the fear of body change. Saying you don't want kids because you fear that your body will change just reinforces the stereotype of childfree people being selfish freaks.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    The funny thing about that is...... that is completely in your control. You don't have to gain a ton of weight when you get married. You don't have to gain a ton of weight while you're pregnant. You don't have to hold on to the weight just because you have a baby. You don't even have to have babies. :)
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m032tzfSCn1qzi80do1_500.gif
  • BuoyantSoul
    BuoyantSoul Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nope. I gave birth 18 months ago at age 36. Was in great shape before getting pregnant but sat on my *kitten* and ate cake throughout the whole pregnancy, gained 22 kg.

Now, a year and a half later, I'm in close to the best shape of my life. Have not a single stretch mark. (I realize that's pure luck.)

I lost most of the weight very easily by breastfeeding. Three months after giving birth I had lost 90% of the weight through NO effort of my own. A few months ago I got tired of being "skinnyfat" and out of shape, so I took up diet and exercise. I very rapidly lost the last 10% baby weight and regained all the muscle I had before getting pregnant. You would NEVER guess I had a baby. People are always amazed to see I have a toddler, especially since I'm older than most moms. The best part is I can carry my son around on one arm all over the place without getting winded.

Not everyone has a totally wrecked body after childbirth, even if they don't work out while pregnant. If you DO work out while pregnant then I'm sure it's even easier to bounce back. Look at Tanya from the Shaun T. videos - I mean holy crap.

I don't think there's any big secret to it, it's just basically taking care of yourself through proper diet and exercise.