Grocery Store Snob??

Options
Has this happened to anyone esle? I fear I am becoming a grocery store snob. I look in other people's carts at the checkout and mentally gloat at my healthier choices or I am just totally shocked that the cart half full (maybe 3 bags worth) of junk cost more than my weeks worth of nutiritous food. I try to stop myself because we have all been there but it seems to happen every time.

Replies

• pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice at the check out line. Then I'm paranoid that other people are looking at me when I buy anything processed.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me. What's really hard is to bite my tongue when other people feel the need to comment on my healthy choices while their cart is filled with junk. This has happened to me a few times.
  • carolynhart01
    carolynhart01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me. What's really hard is to bite my tongue when other people feel the need to comment on my healthy choices while their cart is filled with junk. This has happened to me a few times.

Really, what teasing you about the lettuce and turkey burger???? I would have a hard time not returning the favor and asking about their cheesy poofs, oreos and the ever balancing option of gluton free Chex cereal (yes I saw this in the same cart)
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options

lol for real?
  • MinnieLou92
    MinnieLou92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have naturally become more interested I suppose! I am never really shocked, but sometimes I catch myself thinking "that was me before"! I don't think I would have had any greens or fruit in my trolley this time like 5 years ago! I was young when I started dieting!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    im opposite. i feel like and have actually had people comment on my cart full of veggies and fruit and protein bars so i prefer to hit self checkout
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Unless they comment about your cart, IMO, you don't have the right to say anything about there's. I think the same way as you do when I see a cart with junk, but I don't think it's snobby to observe that you made healthier choices than someone else.
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice at the check out line. Then I'm paranoid that other people are looking at me when I buy anything processed.

^^^ this. Happens to me all the time. :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's called being smug. And I see nothing wrong with it.