The wisdom of the young

Options
12345679»

Replies

• KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    *lol* Wellll, my 6 year old knows that sugar is bad :)
    She is picking up on some of my new habits, as is my 10 year old.
    We talk about which foods are good, healthy choices.
    They are starting to make their own decisions and I let them.
    I don't want them to end up with an ED so I don't use food as a punishment/reward or force them to eat food/everything on plate.
    I just want them to be informed. They already like a variety and we hardly ever eat fast food or much sugar so I think I am doing good
    I think that the age bracket recommended to "ignore" is probably somewhat true but nutrition is something easily learned, researched and picked up on. I believe that my daughters will know, at that age, a lot more than some people would give credit for or realize that they could know. Kids are pretty smart these days.
    You can tell when something doesn't make any sense and this comes from ALL age groups.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Totally agree OP.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.