The thing to do ladies.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I guess I can see how some women with low self-esteem might take being hit on by creepy random guys as a compliment but I have been pretty all my life, I don't need reaffirmation of that by strangers. I frankly don't care if someone I don't know thinks I'm attractive. I would rather them keep it to themselves and save themselves the trouble and save me the creepiness. If I'm buying soymilk its not a cue to ask for my number or tell me I'm pretty. but hey I guess maybe some guys can be nice, it seems most I encounter are the creepers
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I guess I can see how some women with low self-esteem might take being hit on by creepy random guys as a compliment but I have been pretty all my life, I don't need reaffirmation of that by strangers. I frankly don't care if someone I don't know thinks I'm attractive. I would rather them keep it to themselves and save themselves the trouble and save me the creepiness. If I'm buying soymilk its not a cue to ask for my number or tell me I'm pretty. but hey I guess maybe some guys can be nice, it seems most I encounter are the creepers
    this is pretty much it.
    ...except for the soymilk. that stuff is gross.

these days in only date people i meet online. it means the person has more interest in my brain than my bust size.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    these days in only date people i meet online. it means the person has more interest in my brain than my bust size.

Me too, almost exclusively! I actually like it better because of this...a man just coming up to me and asking me out means it is ALL about looks. No thanks. If he comes up and has a conversation, gets to know me a bit and THEN asks me out, cool. Unfortunately it never happens that way.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I hardly ever get hit on or if I do I have no idea that is what they are doing. I'm super oblivious to if someone is hitting on me usually unless they just come up to me and ask me to take off my clothes. Then I get it and oblige if they made me laugh in the process.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever get hit on or if I do I have no idea that is what they are doing. I'm super oblivious to if someone is hitting on me usually unless they just come up to me and ask me to take off my clothes. Then I get it and oblige if they made me laugh in the process.

**walks up to AmyDawn** You can take your clothes off now!! :laugh:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

**walks up to AmyDawn** You can take your clothes off now!! :laugh:

Yes, Cat. *Amy gets naked* Now you need to get naked, too. I don't like to be the only one naked in the bar.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So I would like to ask you ladies something, how do you like being approached? When I was single I wished that guys would just come up and say hello without any cheesy/stupid/creepy/aggressive/hostile lines.

Is there a place, besides work, where a person shouldn’t try? Anyplace a woman is with her kids. You should never hit on a woman around her kids. Also, never hit on a woman at a funeral. Basically anyplace a woman has on that 'Don't bother me face' and such. If you don't know what this is, learn about body language.

1. I totally understand you should be able to go out and not be “hit on” or approached by some guy you don’t even know.
    Why thank you for understanding.

2. Do you turn guys down harshly or are you nice about it? I'm rather curt, because I am married! I wear my wedding rings, there is no mistake about it, so I find it really rude and outrageous that someone would decide to hit on me anyway. When I was single I would decline nicely, but many men got angry/disturbed/irate when rejected, so I started preemptively being rather rude after that.

Assuming that you are not interested, do guys that you think are unattractive get the same treatment as guys who you find attractive? Meaning, do you turn down the attractive guys in a nicer way? Nope, actually in my experience attractive men tend to be the creepy ones and the aggressive ones who need to be soundly and thoroughly rejected to get the point.

3. Do you have a favorite/not so favorite story about how a guy tried to hit on you? Some gross old man licked his tongue around at me when I had my newborn son strapped to my chest *shudder*. Another time some creeper followed me and my daughter (she was around 4 at the time) half a block, we had to run into a Wendy's where the fool followed us! The police were called, he kept insisting to them he 'didn't do anything' he just wanted my number. Various times being followed around a store/dance club/coffee shop. Um, if I say no the first time, following me around will NOT make me change my mind!

4. Do you know how hard it is to gain enough courage to talk to you? Yes I know, but so what? No matter how hard it is, it is still 1000 times easier than being on the receiving end. Men complaining about this...have you ever heard the expression, 'First-World Problems'? you know, it's like listening to Americans complaining that they got a latte at Starbucks and it was too cold when you live in a country that struggles to provide basic food. I guess this is a 'Man Problem'. Yes, it sucks that sometimes you approach women and get shot down. Tough life LOL
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Appropriate:
    "Hello, how are you? You look beautiful today, could I ask you out on a date?"

Inappropriate:
    "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN GIRL, YOU ARE FINE. WANNA F**K?"

For me it's irrelevant though, but it is nice to be hit on despite having to respond "Practically married, but thank you for asking."
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    So you don't believe in "the chase."

Of course I do, but I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said? You can chase and be normal!

I think you said accept no for an answer. I just meant so you don't like being chased. It was kind of a joke.