Seriously?!

Options

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You're allowed to shoot someone for a couple of pop cans? That's Fd

You fail to understand the heart of the matter. First it's your empty pop cans, then they're stealing your fridge when you go to the store. You think pop cans are all that they'll take? He was given fair warning. The third time he needed some lead in his foot to keep him from returning to the yard again.

OP. Get a 410 and pepper his *kitten* if he comes back. It won't kill him but he won't return any time soon.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    I would have shot a round close to his feet.

Seeing that I know nothing about guns... I would probably have started shooting the second time around.... o__o

That is really scary

Shoot to kill or they sue you.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    wow... let me get this straight, he's stealing empty cans? And you want to shoot him for it?

It's not about stealing empty cans. It's about him thinking he can go onto someone else's property after knowing that person is home and armed, and take whatever he wants back to his big shiny truck. He's obviously not lacking for $$ with a vehicle like that. He also is possibly lacking some sanity... I would have fired a warning shot too. He didn't take you seriously before. As a small woman at home alone, you do what you need to do to protect yourself.

If you did nothing, what if he came back for more? What if he wanted to come in the house?

Good for you for standing up for yourself and your property.

Was her life threatened?
    I am a small woman at home too, I feel no need to wave a gun around at a guy digging through my garbage. Fear. That's the way to live!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Agreed that the guy was a douche, but I dont think anyone should be killed over a couple of cans.

Sorry...

Survival of the fittest. If he's dumb enough to come onto someone's property that he knows owns a loaded gun then he deserves it. Let the idiots weed themselves out.
  • wrentrotter
    Options
    I'm not sure you would be justified shooting someone for stealing a fridge either really, or in fact, stealing anything? It seems absurd and more than a little crazed to me. I don't think you should own a gun.

You fail to understand the heart of the matter. First it's your empty pop cans, then they're stealing your fridge when you go to the store. You think pop cans are all that they'll take? He was given fair warning. The third time he needed some lead in his foot to keep him from returning to the yard again.
  • wareagle8706
    Options
    The audacity upsets me more than anything. Around here-we hunt at age five. Everyone does. There couldnt have been any doubt with him that i know how to use my own rifle. Thats just plain stupidity or arrogance. And he had to have seen it was a RIFLE. not a .22 rat killer. But to come back TWICE?! Im still angry.
    Next time, go out with the rifle and a wooden bat.
    Toss the bat at him, scream "Please don't hit me" and shoulder the weapon.

LMAO. LOVE THIS!! :laugh: :laugh: My brother tells me if I ever have to shoot anyone that once the police get there I just have to cry and say, "I thought he was going to kill me! I was afraid for my life!!" over and over. He says because I'm a girl I'll get out of it, whether the guy was armed or not lol.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you would be justified shooting someone for stealing a fridge either really, or in fact, stealing anything? It seems absurd and more than a little crazed to me. I don't think you should own a gun.

Where do you live? Next time some guy tries to take my stuff or OP's stuff, we just send him over to your place.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    wow... let me get this straight, he's stealing empty cans? And you want to shoot him for it?

It's not about stealing empty cans. It's about him thinking he can go onto someone else's property after knowing that person is home and armed, and take whatever he wants back to his big shiny truck. He's obviously not lacking for $$ with a vehicle like that. He also is possibly lacking some sanity... I would have fired a warning shot too. He didn't take you seriously before. As a small woman at home alone, you do what you need to do to protect yourself.

If you did nothing, what if he came back for more? What if he wanted to come in the house?

Good for you for standing up for yourself and your property.

Was her life threatened?
    I am a small woman at home too, I feel no need to wave a gun around at a guy digging through my garbage. Fear. That's the way to live!
    if i had been afraid, id have shot him :)
    It isnt a garbage pile-its a pile of scrap metal we are trying to save up and cash in. if he wanted trash, id tell him to pull his truck around and id load it up.
    the first time i walked out should have deterred him, but it didnt. id have never gotten the gun if he had taken me seriously without it (or the first time when i hadnt even chambered a round).
  • wareagle8706
    Options
    Are the dogs in your kennel full grown Yorkies, by chance?

LMAO omg... I remember that thread.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mk0sicvtHW1rmhi9no1_500.jpg
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Agreed that the guy was a douche, but I dont think anyone should be killed over a couple of cans.

Sorry...

This isn't about cans.

^^THIS^^

It's about an individual thinking he is entitled to the fruits of the labor of another.

Sure it is. If you feel your life is being threatened, Im all for defending yourself. And I agree that what they guy was doing was seriously wrong. But I dont feel he should be killed over it. Sorry. I wouldnt sleep at night knowing I killed a guy over cans. Douche or not his kids deserve a father... Seriously.

What about a guy knowing you are home alone and is sneaking onto your property. What if decides he can take you and get more stuff from you and rob you? Guy ignoring warnings has the "i dont give a F" mentality and who knows how far he is willing to go. he is obviously not poor and does what he wants.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The audacity upsets me more than anything. Around here-we hunt at age five. Everyone does. There couldnt have been any doubt with him that i know how to use my own rifle. Thats just plain stupidity or arrogance. And he had to have seen it was a RIFLE. not a .22 rat killer. But to come back TWICE?! Im still angry.

Oregon cop once told me to carry an old pocket knife that is wiped clean and if invader came into house to place it on him after he was shot.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

Sorry...

This isn't about cans.

^^THIS^^

It's about an individual thinking he is entitled to the fruits of the labor of another.

Sure it is. If you feel your life is being threatened, Im all for defending yourself. And I agree that what they guy was doing was seriously wrong. But I dont feel he should be killed over it. Sorry. I wouldnt sleep at night knowing I killed a guy over cans. Douche or not his kids deserve a father... Seriously.

What about a guy knowing you are home alone and is sneaking onto your property. What if decides he can take you and get more stuff from you and rob you? Guy ignoring warnings has the "i dont give a F" mentality and who knows how far he is willing to go. he is obviously not poor and does what he wants.

Maybe he is poor and just stole the truck also.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

my-neighbor-is-unarmed-39219775365.jpeg
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Oregon cop once told me to carry an old pocket knife that is wiped clean and if invader came into house to place it on him after he was shot.

thats pretty intense O.O
    im wodering if people who think im in the wrong would have been more accepting if i grabbed my recurve bow instead?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    eek. I think you should talk to a lawyer and not post this crap on MFP.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Nice.

LMAO. LOVE THIS!! :laugh: :laugh: My brother tells me if I ever have to shoot anyone that once the police get there I just have to cry and say, "I thought he was going to kill me! I was afraid for my life!!" over and over. He says because I'm a girl I'll get out of it, whether the guy was armed or not lol.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mk0sicvtHW1rmhi9no1_500.jpg

haha. Ok. At least something funny came out of this :)
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

That's the US for you.
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    TWF what part of don't touch did this guy not understand?
    Thank goodness for the neighbours dogs. But really he had alot of warnings. (this is where Id of wanted to have a paintball gun and shoot up his butt and then slink home covered in oily paint and nice size welts-hollering the next time he darkened your area it won't be with a paintball gun- ( I know you warned him but Im thinking having problems sitting might make him remember not to come around) )
This discussion has been closed.