Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options
LOH611
LOH611 Posts: 23 Member
Has anyone ever tried the Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness? It's like a stand up tanning bed except it has red lights (red light therapy), the floor vibrates and it plays music. I did it for 10 minutes on Level 2. What is the point to this machine?

Replies

• LOH611
    Options
    bump
  • fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness? (red light therapy),.I did it for 10 minutes on Level 2. What is the point to this machine?

Did you notice/feel anything after using this machine?
  • LOH611
    Options
    No, it just vibrates and has red lights like a stand up tanning bed. The poster on the wall says it increases muscle tone, skin elasticity, etc, but I'm wondering how this actually works?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    well, it certainly sounds legit
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

Unlike the green light ones. They are total crap.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Unlike the green light ones. They are total crap.

I heard the rainbow ones cause seizures...or turns you into a unicorn. I forget which.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness? It's like a stand up tanning bed except it has red lights (red light therapy), the floor vibrates and it plays music. I did it for 10 minutes on Level 2. What is the point to this machine?

Red lights and it vibrates...are you sure you weren't in Amsterdam?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Red light therapy? Yeah that sounds really legit. Don't let them sell you the blue light therapy there. You can get that stuff at K-Mart for half price.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

Red light therapy? Yeah that sounds really legit. Don't let them sell you the blue light therapy there. You can get that stuff at K-Mart for half price.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I usually go in there to eat on pizza night. The red lights and vibrating floors help me burn off the pizza calories. The music is purely motivational.
  • joycewelch1
    joycewelch1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to help tone your muscles, reduce the appearance of cellulite and fine lines and helps even out your skin tone. I found it helps to relieve the tendinitis in my ankles.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Red Light Tan Therapy is the latest craze in the tanning salons. It's not just PF but I guess since she mentioned the most hated gym on the board that people just HAD to come out and put their .02 in about the place.
  • heybabejm
    heybabejm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did it this past weekend at Planet Fitness and I did program 4 for the vibration. It helps relieve tension in your muscles and joints and the levels of vibration help with cellulite. The lights help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The girl at the front desk said its really good for people with bad backs and as a stress reliever. It helps relax the tension in your body.
  • bannr35
    bannr35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why people have to act so stupid all the time if you cant or dont want to answer the question then say nothing.
  • paintingyourwishes
    paintingyourwishes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used this today, and as the night went on I started to not feel so well. I was wondering if it has something to do with this and my body not being used to it yet. I know I used to feel ill after a deep tissue massage.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Why people have to act so stupid all the time if you cant or dont want to answer the question then say nothing.
    Because these boards are overrun with obnoxious trolls lately. There have always been a few, but they're the norm in every thread now. I've stopped trying to talk to anyone outside of groups and my friends list. If I have a question, that's where I post it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Lol, cross on a red light and you'll need therapy after getting t boned!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm does it actually tan you or what? If it tans you then I will know to avoid it at all costs. I do not tan. I only freckle. I really hate freckles. I also hate the idea of going into any kind of cancer booth. If its just normal red tinted lights then I guess its ok.
  • jentyree08
    jentyree08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It does not tan you at all. It reduces pores, helps reduce wrinkles/fine lines (prevents supposidly too). Can reduce cellulite. The main benefit is healthy looking skin.
    Read: http://www.yumasun.com/articles/red-86572-light-skin.html
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you supposed to do it before or after you work out, or does it not matter? Also, what do you wear? I'm a little intimidated to try it, even though I know it might not even do anything...