Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Can i get skinny from putting my head in front of the microwave while it's on? TIA
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the responses for this topic would have been different if say the title was "Total Body Enhancement at Golds Gym!" and then went on to describe the very same thing.

I can't speak for others, but I am certain that my response to the "blinky light of muscle toning" would be the same even if the device was at Westside Barbell and Louie himself used it every day.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Why people have to act so stupid all the time if you cant or dont want to answer the question then say nothing.

Your first post after being on MFP for almost three years is to call people out for responding the wrong way to a post asking about a machine with red lights that vibrates and plays music?

Welcome to the MFP forums. Please enjoy your stay. :flowerforyou:

Sorry. This whole thread makes me laugh. The first time I stepped into a Planet Fitness, I was getting a headache from the smell of all that rubber matting. I never would have made it long enough to get to the part about the TBE with red lights, vibrations, and music. PT Barnum could totally read people. The TBE makes as much sense as Curves.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<Representing!!! PF in tha house! Yes, PF is a real gym. Geezz. They have the same thing as the rest of them. I’ve used that jiggling machine a couple times. It seems to relax me after workouts. I don’t know if it actually DOES anything or not.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<Representing!!! PF in tha house! Yes, PF is a real gym. Geezz. They have the same thing as the rest of them. I’ve used that jiggling machine a couple times. It seems to relax me after workouts. I don’t know if it actually DOES anything or not.

They have the same thing as the rest of them?
  • RGv2
    Options
    I wonder if the responses for this topic would have been different if say the title was "Total Body Enhancement at Golds Gym!" and then went on to describe the very same thing.

Probably...
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    Options

Yes. They all have treadmills, bikes, etc........
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

Oh they have power racks now? Neat!
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Oh they have power racks now? Neat!

Some do. The equipment provided depends on who owns the PF franchise.

PF in Providence RI has a squat rack and olympic bars.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Probably...

No doubt.
  • RGv2
    Options

That's fine for cardio, and some people's needs, but they don't have the same thing as other gyms. Some might, but from what I hear it can be few and far between.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

PF has matted floors, lifting platforms, bumper plates, and climbing ropes?!? Sweet!

I hope one opens up near me soon.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    Options
    Like I said, ETC... You want me to list all the equipment. No. And like someone else said, every PF is different. It's worked for me in the last 5 months. I don't know what kind of "special" equipment y'all need to get in shape but what I need, I've got it at PF. Even the red, blue, purple and hazel lights. : )

Guess I'll never understand why ignorant people put down a particular gym when they should just be glad people join a gym and are trying to better themselves. But, whatever.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I think the point of the machine is to cause skin cancer and pre-mature aging.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    Options
    I think the point of the machine is to cause skin cancer and pre-mature aging.

Says the person with NO image.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I used this today, and as the night went on I started to not feel so well. I was wondering if it has something to do with this and my body not being used to it yet. I know I used to feel ill after a deep tissue massage.

My massage therapist always said after a deep tissue massage you had to drink tonnes of water, because there are toxins that are released from the manipulation. I don't know about toxins, but drinking always helped me.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Lol, cross on a red light and you'll need therapy after getting t boned!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I need to get t-boned. (sigh)
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I used this today, and as the night went on I started to not feel so well. I was wondering if it has something to do with this and my body not being used to it yet. I know I used to feel ill after a deep tissue massage.

My massage therapist always said after a deep tissue massage you had to drink tonnes of water, because there are toxins that are released from the manipulation. I don't know about toxins, but drinking always helped me.

Drinking helped me too....then I realized I was getting drunk and acting silly.
  • RGv2
    Options
    Like I said, ETC... You want me to list all the equipment. No. And like someone else said, every PF is different. It's worked for me in the last 5 months. I don't know what kind of "special" equipment y'all need to get in shape but what I need, I've got it at PF. Even the red, blue, purple and hazel lights. : )

Guess I'll never understand why ignorant people put down a particular gym when they should just be glad people join a gym and are trying to better themselves. But, whatever.

I guess the "special" equipment that I need is dumbells over 70-80lbs......

Like I said, it's great you like it, the place definitely fits the needs of many people, but many locations don't offer the same equipment as other gyms. I believe that their corporate office is working to make all PF's the same so the locals that actually do allow the outlawed lifts won't anymore...

Eitherway, if their marketing scheme was different they wouldn't catch hell for their lack of equipment...just the light show.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Also, we have one of these at Fit4Less (which from what I can tell, runs the same model as PF.)

I don't know about toning, but it's clearing up my psoriasis. And if I sweat there, and it has the machines I need, then it's a damn gym. If I wanted to be a bodybuilder, it wouldn't be the gym for me, but still--a damn gym.