Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Why people have to act so stupid all the time if you cant or dont want to answer the question then say nothing.

Because how the eff does a red light "tone" your muscles? Common sense people, seriously.
  • melindaanter
    melindaanter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry to here that they did that but keep in mind that planet finess is a franchise company so all the gyms are not run by the same ppl but has to almost keep the same set of rules. The PF I go to still allow the free weights as well as the other ones but again they are not owned by the same individuals. I love planet fitness and i think it's a good place to get your work out on and i consider it a gym for 20$ a month you cant beat it. I mean what does a gym have to have in it to be considered a gym anyway. I think that the place is designed for ppl to actually work out and not just lounge around the place thats why you dont see to many place where you can just sit down. PF rocks I've meet with a trainer which help me decide on the work out that i needed to reach the goals that i wanted to get to. This is also free with the black card membership.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Or just foam roll to get the knots out of your muscles
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    my planet fitness doesn't have one......
  • simona815
    simona815 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why people have to act so stupid all the time if you cant or dont want to answer the question then say nothing.

Because how the eff does a red light "tone" your muscles? Common sense people, seriously.

Improve skin tone....not tone muscles. Im not advocating for the machine but you should know what your talking about before you talk about it, seriously.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Improve skin tone....not tone muscles. Im not advocating for the machine but you should know what your talking about before you talk about it, seriously.

I'm pretty sure that person was responding to this posted a few posts in by the OP:
    No, it just vibrates and has red lights like a stand up tanning bed. The poster on the wall says it increases muscle tone, skin elasticity, etc, but I'm wondering how this actually works?

where it does specifically say "improve muscle tone".
  • simona815
    simona815 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure that person was responding to this posted a few posts in by the OP:
    No, it just vibrates and has red lights like a stand up tanning bed. The poster on the wall says it increases muscle tone, skin elasticity, etc, but I'm wondering how this actually works?

where it does specifically say "improve muscle tone".

I see....and now understand. I guess I should take my own advice then huh? :embarassed:
  • jakesnyder013
    jakesnyder013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what the different levels are and what they do?
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Planet Fitness and I have lost 120 lbs with their help THIS YEAR.

Its only March!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    There is no point my dear.
  • DawnRR1969
    Options
    The red light therapy really does help with pain, arthritis and neuropathy. My vet has used it on my dog for years, kind of hard for the dog to have placebo effects! So I tried it because I have arthritis in my hip and back. It takes a while but it does help. As far as the other claims....not sure. But it doesn't harm...so if someone enjoys it why not??
  • Daella
    Daella Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah getting a little sick of the snide remarks and random interjections on how ****ty some people think Planet Fitness is as gym. If it's not your bag - move the **** on. You make people who are working hard cringe when we think about the freaking condescending nature of fitness veterans and their opinions of cheaper gyms. Not everyone participates in their food days and not everyone can appreciate an *kitten* who has the nerve to chime in and discredit someone's attempt at a healthier body.

The total body enhancement is not an extra fee - it's part of the Black Card Membership. If you don't think it works - MOVE ON. Seriously - you piss me off. Personally I prefer the hydro-massage after my workouts - but hey that's me. I LOVE Planet Fitness and I have lost 120 lbs with their help THIS YEAR. Get off your high horses and meet us back down at reality. There's really a lot of great people who work very hard at Planet Fitness.

Amen girl. That's why I go to PF. So I don't have to deal with these as$es in the flesh.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The total body enhancement is not an extra fee - it's part of the Black Card Membership.

Let me guess the black card membership costs more....

As for the other remarks about the smart remarks...it's sort of funny that the only ones actually being mean in this thread are the ones who have done this "therapy" and by saying no it's a load of crap that is smart as in actual common sense so yes I agree..smart...

I think it enhances the anger in people as we all know "red" is a hyper color...

and apparently by all the cursing in the posts I would say it releases inhibitions...

my gosh I hope that these folks don't run into the poster who thought because people were cursing around her at a gym she was being sexually harassed...:laugh:

*waits to get nailed by cursing folks for the "smart remark" made...*

PS if you can't deadlift at PF it's not a gym.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    hahahaah really REALLY? no way. no freaking way.

I swear planet fitness is actually a real life troll company and and the people behind it just sit back and laugh their *kitten* off every single day watching the security cameras.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    my tanning salon has this. WTF is it? It talks about "toning" up...do they just use electrode stimulators or something? seems ridiculous.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Of course it doesn't work. If it did, users would get toned. If they get toned, they'll be considered intimidating to others. And PF does not tolerate intimidating members. Carry on.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I stood on one of those wiggly machines at Brookstone. I could not stop laughing. It tickled so much. But there's no freaking way I was "toning" anything. There's no easy way out of exercise.
  • Rogue_228
    Rogue_228 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have done this a couple times. I started running again after many years a week ago and I did this booth three times this week and noticed that I am not sore the next day if I do it after a run. I then did my run 2 times and did not do the booth and I was sore. So for me that is reason enough to continue.