Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I used this today, and as the night went on I started to not feel so well. I was wondering if it has something to do with this and my body not being used to it yet. I know I used to feel ill after a deep tissue massage.

My massage therapist always said after a deep tissue massage you had to drink tonnes of water, because there are toxins that are released from the manipulation. I don't know about toxins, but drinking always helped me.

Drinking helped me too....then I realized I was getting drunk and acting silly.
    Lightweight.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Like I said, ETC... You want me to list all the equipment. No. And like someone else said, every PF is different. It's worked for me in the last 5 months. I don't know what kind of "special" equipment y'all need to get in shape but what I need, I've got it at PF. Even the red, blue, purple and hazel lights. : )

Guess I'll never understand why ignorant people put down a particular gym when they should just be glad people join a gym and are trying to better themselves. But, whatever.

I guess the "special" equipment that I need is dumbells over 70-80lbs......

Like I said, it's great you like it, the place definitely fits the needs of many people, but many locations don't offer the same equipment as other gyms. I believe that their corporate office is working to make all PF's the same so the locals that actually do allow the outlawed lifts won't anymore...

Eitherway, if their marketing scheme was different they wouldn't catch hell for their lack of equipment...just the light show.

w031230b033.jpg
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Also, we have one of these at Fit4Less (which from what I can tell, runs the same model as PF.)

I don't know about toning, but it's clearing up my psoriasis. And if I sweat there, and it has the machines I need, then it's a damn gym. If I wanted to be a bodybuilder, it wouldn't be the gym for me, but still--a damn gym.

lol. Wanting a barbell and a rack makes someone a body builder in the same way that walking on a treadmill makes someone a marathon runner.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I used this today, and as the night went on I started to not feel so well. I was wondering if it has something to do with this and my body not being used to it yet. I know I used to feel ill after a deep tissue massage.

My massage therapist always said after a deep tissue massage you had to drink tonnes of water, because there are toxins that are released from the manipulation. I don't know about toxins, but drinking always helped me.

Drinking helped me too....then I realized I was getting drunk and acting silly.

That's actually "legit". Deep tissue massage releases lactic acid that needs to get flushed out.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Also, we have one of these at Fit4Less (which from what I can tell, runs the same model as PF.)

I don't know about toning, but it's clearing up my psoriasis. And if I sweat there, and it has the machines I need, then it's a damn gym. If I wanted to be a bodybuilder, it wouldn't be the gym for me, but still--a damn gym.

lol. Wanting a barbell and a rack makes someone a body builder in the same way that walking on a treadmill makes someone a marathon runner.

Spoken like a true lunkhead.

Maybe you should get back in your cave where you can just pick things up and put them down without intimidating everyone else who just wants to get toned.
  • EvanKeel
    Options

Spoken like a true lunkhead.

Maybe you should get back in your cave where you can just pick things up and put them down without intimidating everyone else who just wants to get toned.

Tell me more of this cave you speak of.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Like I said, ETC... You want me to list all the equipment. No. And like someone else said, every PF is different. It's worked for me in the last 5 months. I don't know what kind of "special" equipment y'all need to get in shape but what I need, I've got it at PF. Even the red, blue, purple and hazel lights. : )

Guess I'll never understand why ignorant people put down a particular gym when they should just be glad people join a gym and are trying to better themselves. But, whatever.

They stereotype people who lift heavy weights into "lunkheads" or whatever they call it. I deadlift and have heard that I'd be kicked out for doing so. If you can't go into a gym and do any exercise you want, it's a bad gym. Sorry. The gym seems to be geared towards obese people who feel "too judged" to go to a regular gym and just want to do cardio, so the company creates a "safe" environment by alienating those who are actually interested in fitness. If you're cool with that, good on you, but I'm into equal opportunity myself.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I stood in front of my microwave naked for 5mins last night, I was just trying to duplicate PF's genius idea
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options

They stereotype people who lift heavy weights into "lunkheads" or whatever they call it. I deadlift and have heard that I'd be kicked out for doing so. If you can't go into a gym and do any exercise you want, it's a bad gym. Sorry. The gym seems to be geared towards obese people who feel "too judged" to go to a regular gym and just want to do cardio, so the company creates a "safe" environment by alienating those who are actually interested in fitness. If you're cool with that, good on you, but I'm into equal opportunity myself.

Maybe I don't watch TV enough to see their commericals. I deadlift too. I've never been kicked out. Really? You would think, if it was geared towards obese people who feel "too judged" to go to a regular gym (whatever that means), they wouldn't have weights at all, just cardio. So you perfer a certain gym, good for YOU. But people need to stop downing people who DO WORKOUT and do it at a PF GYM.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    Options
    I stood in front of my microwave naked for 5mins last night, I was just trying to duplicate PF's genius idea

Try 6 mins tonight.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    Options

Maybe I don't watch TV enough to see their commericals. I deadlift too. I've never been kicked out. Really? You would think, if it was geared towards obese people who feel "too judged" to go to a regular gym (whatever that means), they wouldn't have weights at all, just cardio. So you perfer a certain gym, good for YOU. But people need to stop downing people who DO WORKOUT and do it at a PF GYM.

And people that do putdown my gym, they are no better than the so called commericals you speak of.
  • EvanKeel
    Options

Is the implication there that there's something more intimidating to an obese person about lifting versus that thundering sound I made when I was on a treadmill (when I was obese)?

If an obese person is in the frame of mind to feel judged, there's no activity in the world that isn't going to remind them of their current body comp.

And yes, I'm sure the planet fitness lunkhead alarm commercials are available on youtube. I guess it's easier for them to make people feel included by excluding other people.
  • EvanKeel
    Options

And people that do putdown my gym, they are no better than the so called commericals you speak of.

Not true at all. I'm not putting you down, just PF. There's a difference.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Try youtube.com Pretty sure you can find the commercials there. :drinker:

No TV needed.

When they call lifters and fitness enthusiasts "lunks" as part of their marketing, and paste it all over the wall, we are aware of the definition, right?
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    This works for sure. I used to have a membership at PF just for the red light booth. But then I figured if I changed all the white incandescent light bulbs in my house to red LED lights, I get the same effect. It's kind of expensive, but well worth it. I just walk around the house naked for best results.

This is what I bought:
    D-14WLEDBR.jpg
    0000329_2010_rd_s14_red_180_240_degree_led_light_bulb_300.jpeg

Essentially my place looks like this all the time:
    bathroom-with-red-lighting.jpg

I never open the shades because that'll negate the power of the red LED light.

I'm thinking about getting the same setup for my cars too. Something like:
    car-red-interior-lights.jpg
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Like I said, I don't prefer a certain gym. I just wouldn't join a gym that has something called a "lunk alarm" for people who make noise while lifting. Sometimes I yell when I bench and squat because I *have* to, the weight is very heavy. If you don't understand what I'm talking about right now, you never will. The reason they don't allow yelling is "it intimidates new people/people who don't lift", which explains my comment about creating safe environments.

To be fair, this is all stuff based on what I've heard, I've never actually set foot in a PF. There is one opening by my house very soon. Maybe I'll take a tour when it does and ask about policies, etc. to see for myself.

ETA: I don't know what commercials you're talking about either. I don't have cable. SRY
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Yeah, about that...

...your neighbors asked me to ask you to please stop doing that...

...or at least buy some decent blinds.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are talking about, but it sounds like the dumbest thing ever.
    I've been a PF member for 4 years and have never seen or heard of such a thing.

Really, the place gets a bad enough rap without people like you claiming to have run into such contraptions.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    Options

Try youtube.com Pretty sure you can find the commercials there. :drinker:

No TV needed.

When they call lifters and fitness enthusiasts "lunks" as part of their marketing, and paste it all over the wall, we are aware of the definition, right?

Since I have been there, I have never heard the alarm go off.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Why are people bumping this old thread?