Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...this thread needs to DIE!
  • vanfox3
    vanfox3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the condescending remarks on this thread about people who go to PF. I go there because I can't stand the people at other gyms who like to flaunt how much they can lift and how they can run for hours at a time and not break a sweat. If you can do that, then more power to you. There are those that can't. There are those that just want a place they can go and be comfortable as they get started on a weight loss/fitness journey. Everyone has to start somewhere. If you truly cared about people Mr/Ms Fitness trainer with 25 gazillion posts on MFP, you would be happy that they are making a conscious decision to take charge of their health and encourage others to find what works for them.

As for the red light therapy, I've done it twice. I like the way I feel when I am done. Does it really do all it claims? I don't know, but I do know how I feel when I come out of it. So I will continue to use it. I use the hydromassage tables too. Do they do anything? Again, I don't know. I like the way I feel when it is over. I like the way I feel when my workout is over. And isn't that what this is all about? Feeling better???
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    vanfox3 wrote: »
    I can't believe the condescending remarks on this thread about people who go to PF. I go there because I can't stand the people at other gyms who like to flaunt how much they can lift and how they can run for hours at a time and not break a sweat. If you can do that, then more power to you. There are those that can't. There are those that just want a place they can go and be comfortable as they get started on a weight loss/fitness journey. Everyone has to start somewhere. If you truly cared about people Mr/Ms Fitness trainer with 25 gazillion posts on MFP, you would be happy that they are making a conscious decision to take charge of their health and encourage others to find what works for them.

As for the red light therapy, I've done it twice. I like the way I feel when I am done. Does it really do all it claims? I don't know, but I do know how I feel when I come out of it. So I will continue to use it. I use the hydromassage tables too. Do they do anything? Again, I don't know. I like the way I feel when it is over. I like the way I feel when my workout is over. And isn't that what this is all about? Feeling better???

You do realize this is a very old thread, right?
  • vanfox3
    vanfox3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

You do realize this is a very old thread, right?[/quote]

Yes I do, but that doesn't mean the sentiment is old. I'm appalled at the condescension towards people trying to better their lives. It's no wonder those who are just starting out quit so easily. I joined MFP and PF for encouragement and support and this is one of the first posts I read when I finally decide to browse the forums? It's sad.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You do realize this is a very old thread, right?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes I do, but that doesn't mean the sentiment is old. I'm appalled at the condescension towards people trying to better their lives. It's no wonder those who are just starting out quit so easily. I joined MFP and PF for encouragement and support and this is one of the first posts I read when I finally decide to browse the forums? It's sad.

I can see your new here and what you say is fine, but there is honestly no reason to start a mean people thread 18 months after it was posted. It's not worth the aggrivation, trust me on that. If you are happy with PF then enjoy your membership and I hope you meet your goals there.
  • coffee_addict13
    coffee_addict13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting Planet Fitness next week. Wanted to know about that machine & Google led me here. Well, you can't knock it 'til you try it. ☺
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    kristie60 wrote: »
    From what I understand the Total Body Enhancement booth uses all-natural red and infrared light, which penetrates and absorbs deep into the tissue, activating the production of endorphins, blocking pain-transmitting chemicals and stimulating cellular regeneration. Total Body Enhancement can be used to help improve the skin’s tone and texture, while also decreasing wrinkles and firming your skin to help reverse and control the visible signs of aging. Total Body Enhancement can also effectively treat minor muscle and joint aches. I have never used it, I'm interested in knowing if it actually has any benefits. Seems to be too good to be true.

There are a lot of bs words in there.

Let's take "all natural light." wtf does that even mean? As opposed to unnatural light? It is light from a bulb...

Light years muscle and joint aches? So this natural light somehow permeates the skin and gets down into the muscle?

The whole thing reeks of bs. And you ought to see this machine... Looks like something out of barbarella.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • Beautiful_Natural
    Options
    LOH611 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried the Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness? It's like a stand up tanning bed except it has red lights (red light therapy), the floor vibrates and it plays music. I did it for 10 minutes on Level 2. What is the point to this machine?

I tried it twice and I was curious also if it makes a difference although I do believe it helps with circulation and that's a plus and I will continue to utilize it after my workouts. Besides why we they purchase a machine that has no health benefits?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    LOH611 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried the Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness? It's like a stand up tanning bed except it has red lights (red light therapy), the floor vibrates and it plays music. I did it for 10 minutes on Level 2. What is the point to this machine?

I tried it twice and I was curious also if it makes a difference although I do believe it helps with circulation and that's a plus and I will continue to utilize it after my workouts. Besides why we they purchase a machine that has no health benefits?

They purchase pizza, cookies and candy, don’t they?

To everyone else:

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself, sorry for bumping a thread that should otherwise be dead.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know this is old, but man...did it bring the Lulz.

I can't believe the condescending remarks!...........goes on condescending, stereotyping, namecalling rant.

I can't remember, is this where the Alanis Morisette video goes?
  • tomwebb1956
    tomwebb1956 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    People do realize that most remote controls for home electronics use infrared technology? You'd figure that couch potatos being exposed to them should be thin with tight skin.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    People do realize that most remote controls for home electronics use infrared technology? You'd figure that couch potatos being exposed to them should be thin with tight skin.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

• tomwebb1956
    tomwebb1956 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why does MFP have moderators like this person, nothing positive comes from this A-hole, You can't Flag this guy since he,s a moderator - C'mon
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Why does MFP have moderators like this person, nothing positive comes from this A-hole, You can't Flag this guy since he,s a moderator - C'mon

Nothing positive, or nothing you want to hear?
  • desibugger
    desibugger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed all the humor above and here is my two cents. I joined Planet Fitness here in Minnesota just four days ago. I have been to a variety of gyms in the past, both the small ones (24/7 and Anytime Fitness) and the big ones (Gold's Gym, Lifetime Fitness). So I will say this - for the cost - either $10 per month or $20 per month depending upon the membership you select, this is a good work out place if you are just looking to lose weight and stay active in a cold place like Minnesota. Now to the topic at hand. I came to this thread precisely because I wanted to know if the Total Body Enhancer had any value. Since I have been there only twice I cannot answer it except to say that after a long session on the other machines, both the 10 minute Hydromassager session and the 12 minute Total Body Enhancement machine leave you feeling less tired and worn out. With other gyms I used to go and sit in the wet or dry sauna followed by the hot tub. I find this 22 minute session far more soothing and relaxing than either being steamed in a sauna or scalded in a tub. Again, my personal experience. So as someone above already posted, these two machines certainly leave you feeling good, regardless of whether they actually do anything. But for me that feel-good factor is important because I have a natural tendency to drop out of gyms and feeling tired or sore is always one thing. So this could be the magic bullet that makes me coming back the next time.
  • jazzy97008
    jazzy97008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for a while now and I can tell you the honest truth from experience. It works! I notice small skin tags one my face disappeare and dark spot fade. My skin looks so much better! Dark circles too from having a new born. Hopes this helps. Been doing it for 4 months
  • adevincenzo
    adevincenzo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It doesn't tan and no where does it say tanning. I have been using it 2x per week for a few months now post workout and have seen tremendous results. I literally go in with nothing on because I have fat lines and cellulite everywhere. They are now very minimal including my surgical scars. It's relaxing, soothing and helps with everything including muscle tone and tightening. Rome wasn't built over night.....that means results don't happen over night or in one session either. Do you lose 10 pounds in one workout? Everything takes time. I can't speak for anyone else only on my results and I personally recommend it and everyone I know loves it as well and recommends it. If you want true results, do it post workout to relax and do the hydro massage bed if you want to as well for full relaxation. Give it time to work. Everyone's body is different and results will vary as well. Nobody's results will be the same or happen in the same time frame. Give it a chance. Another key to helping it along which is something i learned the hard way...WATER......you have to drink water water pre and post workout for sure. This will also help the body enhancement work more effectively as well.
  • doctamerah
    doctamerah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's red light therapy ( rates better with the FDA than tanning beds )... I think it's a personal preference for relaxation / cellular rejuvenation. I'm not the "US Surgeon General" this is just my opinion but I do feel physically & emotionally better when treating myself to both red-light & blue-light therapy. Your lucky if you can find facilities that offer one or both therapies... It's not really a "tanning" bed!
    I repeat.. This is just my personal opinion... I'm not a MD or have expertise on this issue...
    Enjoy your day