PSA: Any diet that prohibits certain foods is a bad diet.

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    who are you to say what is and isn't a bad diet?

A person of reasonable intelligence.

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Trufax.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have an endocrine condition which requires that I limit carbs to lose weight and control my symptoms...

So, no, it isn't a bad diet for me.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    : ) Eats all the foods.
  • ajroberts11
    ajroberts11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

moreover, why should people eat foods that make them ill?

seems to me there are plenty of reasons for people not to eat certain foods.
    Even if said food requires an EpiPen chaser? :tongue:

*sigh* If only there were a way to distinguish between voluntarily removing a food from your diet because your diet plan prohibits it, vs. the necessity of removing a food from your diet due to medical reasons such as food allergy or food intolerance.

But... I guess there's no such way to make that distinction! :wink:
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Fine, then I need a life time of pain meds, some major anti-diarrhea meds and an epi pen.

You provide me with those, plus a job that doesn't mind me being sick 3-5 days a week, I'll eat every thing under the sun.

Until then, sorry, I will choose to NOT eat the things that make me sick or threaten to honestly kill me (like fish).

You eat whatever the heck you want and I won't pester you about either of our choices and we can both can be happie little LIVING buggers :flowerforyou:
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amen! I can't do a "diet" if it's restrictive. That's why I LOVE counting calories! Weight Watchers was also a wonderful plan that didn't restrict. That's the ONLY marketed plan/diet I know of that doesn't restrict. I lost 100lbs at one time on WW and I am forever indebted to them for teaching me how to eat properly and healthily!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Who are you to do all of that?

Also - so IN!

PSA - if you have a medical condition that makes eating certain foods dangerous or uncomfortable, by all means you should avoid those foods as a part of your medical condition. If you have no medical conditions, there is no reason to avoid any certain foods, as they will not be dangerous or uncomfortable to you.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    If you are allergic to peanuts, you definitely should eat lots of peanuts. Sounds reasonable.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I have an endocrine condition which requires that I limit carbs to lose weight and control my symptoms...

So, no, it isn't a bad diet for me.

Limit =/= Prohibit
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Fine, then I need a life time of pain meds, some major anti-diarrhea meds and an epi pen.

You provide me with those, plus a job that doesn't mind me being sick 3-5 days a week, I'll eat every thing under the sun.

Until then, sorry, I will choose to NOT eat the things that make me sick or threaten to honestly kill me (like fish).

You eat whatever the heck you want and I won't pester you about either of our choices and we can both can be happie little LIVING buggers :flowerforyou:

Um why would you eat foods that make you feel sick?

I'm not talking about making a personal decision not to eat foods that make you sick. I'm talking about a "diet" where an "expert" tells you that certain foods are automatically bad.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This topic is the best one I have ever read on MFP. If there is a medal to be given to the post of the decade...you sir...you WIN!!!

Medal3.gif
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

A large number of people on this thread
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Who are you to do all of that?

He's a Coach. Duh.
  • Emalilly13
    Emalilly13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate!:wink:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This topic is the best one I have ever read on MFP. If there is a medal to be given to the post of the decade...you sir...you WIN!!!

Medal3.gif

Fixed it for you because I'm a great friend!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

You should eat smaller fish.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    but what about pizza? i heard somewhere pizza was really bad....

That'll put a damper on my dinner plans tonight. See my diary :happy:

Mine too! haha I plan to devour half of a pizza tonight. Food bliss! om nom nom
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ohnoes, he's back! He knows all the answers!

This discussion has been closed.