PSA: Any diet that prohibits certain foods is a bad diet.

Options

Replies

• RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    (Food allergies aside and other medical conditions) there is nothing wrong with eating food except how much you consume. Carbs are your friends! Any "diet" is a "bad diet" if youre just in it for the short term success, then enjoy starving yourself (to whom applicable) I've lost weight by not saying no to nom nom foods :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Fine, then I need a life time of pain meds, some major anti-diarrhea meds and an epi pen.

You provide me with those, plus a job that doesn't mind me being sick 3-5 days a week, I'll eat every thing under the sun.

Until then, sorry, I will choose to NOT eat the things that make me sick or threaten to honestly kill me (like fish).

You eat whatever the heck you want and I won't pester you about either of our choices and we can both can be happie little LIVING buggers :flowerforyou:

You should eat smaller fish.

I've never had a fish that threatened to honestly kill me. I'd probably leave him alone.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you and don't worry about other people's choices and maybe then the forum would be filled with less childish topics and people could actually find helpful topics easier.
    Right on! I've tried both theories and have to say that eating what you want doesn't work. I feel full of energy and lose weight quicker when I eat healthy.

:drinker:
    This thread is in response to me advising to add calories to a diet by eating things like nuts and avocados over pizza.

awww..figured it was in response to something that made sense. Sounds like I missed a good thread:flowerforyou:

Seems this thread was started out in a rather juvenile fashion which would have better fit chitchatgames section. It's threads like this that build my ignore list up.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This topic is the best one I have ever read on MFP. If there is a medal to be given to the post of the decade...you sir...you WIN!!!

Medal3.gif

Fixed it for you because I'm a great friend!

Thank you friend! You are an AMAZINGLY AWESOMEST friend!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Eats all the foods.

What the hell would you know? Clearly, you can't get your amazing physique eating junk like POP TARTS!

People, sheesh, talking with no authority. I tell you.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This topic is the best one I have ever read on MFP. If there is a medal to be given to the post of the decade...you sir...you WIN!!!

Medal3.gif

I know! And now you're wondering how you ever lived your life before me.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Fine, then I need a life time of pain meds, some major anti-diarrhea meds and an epi pen.

You provide me with those, plus a job that doesn't mind me being sick 3-5 days a week, I'll eat every thing under the sun.

Until then, sorry, I will choose to NOT eat the things that make me sick or threaten to honestly kill me (like fish).

You eat whatever the heck you want and I won't pester you about either of our choices and we can both can be happie little LIVING buggers :flowerforyou:

I've never had a fish that threatened to honestly kill me. I'd probably leave him alone.

That's the problem with fish. There's not too many fish of principle left in the world. I think it's because aqua man is losing his grip or something, but there's too many fish dishonestly killing people.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.

You might want to double check that. How's it going with *your* goals?

just saying
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    who are you to say what is and isn't a bad diet?

A person of reasonable intelligence.

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.

Im agreeing with the OP and I'm significantly close to my goal.

Just sayin'
  • BOOMaggedon
    Options

Medal3.gif

I know! And now you're wondering how you ever lived your life before me.

I was merely surviving. Now I am LIVING! :)
  • jonnythan
    Options

That's the problem with fish. There's not too many fish of principle left in the world. I think it's because aqua man is losing his grip or something, but there's too many fish dishonestly killing people.

They're so tricky and underhanded these days.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

just. saying.

QFT. And this is why you're my friend :flowerforyou:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    But how can we get rid of belly fat if we don't avoid 5 foods?

lolol...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Agree.

I think that some people like to have a restrictive plan to follow. I'm just not one of those people.
  • BOOMaggedon
    Options

ah.

just. saying.

Im agreeing with the OP and I'm significantly close to my goal.

Just sayin'

Yeah - what this person said. I agree!
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i dont eat meat lol or processed junk i dont eat dairy i like my diet x its improved my health thats all that matters to me x
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I know it has been said, but I want to just...say it again.

There's a difference between not eating a food that makes you sick because it makes you sick, and not eating a food that doesn't make you sick because you're following a certain diet.

And to the previous poster who noticed that people who agreed tend to be a bit farther away from their goals...I have a bit to go, but I've lost a lot too.

Moderation, friends :D
    Life is about moderation, why should eating be any different?
    I don't eat foods that make me sick, not because I think they're EVIL FATTY DEATH FOODS but because uh.....they make me sick.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

just. saying.

You might want to double check that. How's it going with *your* goals?

just saying

AllonsY, you've only lost 59 lbs? pfft, what do you know?!

But seriously, though, 59 lbs is awesome. Almost as awesome as your username.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    When I was pushing weight loss my trainer told me nothing "white and fluffy". That worked for me and I share it with anyone who ask me for weight loss advice.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I should change my ticker to reflect my original weight and goal. Then it would show that I've lost 50 pounds of my 50-lb goal. Then I would have more credibility with certain groups :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.