PSA: Any diet that prohibits certain foods is a bad diet.

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    When I was pushing weight loss my trainer told me nothing "white and fluffy". That worked for me and I share it with anyone who ask me for weight loss advice.
    But...but...kittens are so tender and juicy!
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You don't have to prohibit ****. Just moderate. Although, soda can definitely stay prohibited.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping that someone will come in here and argue endlessly to the contrary so I can mark it off on my Bingo card.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    When I was pushing weight loss my trainer told me nothing "white and fluffy". That worked for me and I share it with anyone who ask me for weight loss advice.
    But...but...kittens are so tender and juicy!

But they're high in carbs and carbs make you fat!!1!!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Ohnoes, he's back! He knows all the answers!
    who are you to say what is and isn't a bad diet?

moreover, why should people eat foods that make them ill?

seems to me there are plenty of reasons for people not to eat certain foods.

don't call it a comeback. i've been here for years.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.

You might want to double check that. How's it going with *your* goals?

just saying

Looks at quote. Looks at ticker. Looks at quote again. :huh:
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I should change my ticker to reflect my original weight and goal. Then it would show that I've lost 50 pounds of my 50-lb goal. Then I would have more credibility with certain groups :laugh:

Why? You spoke the truth. I don't care if you are gaining weight. I find you credible...moreso because I know this is the #TRUTH!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Does that mean I can go back to eating lead paint and asbestos? Cuz I really loved that stuff.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

A large number of people on this thread

So So true.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options

A person of reasonable intelligence.

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.

Right on! I've tried both theories and have to say that eating what you want doesn't work. I feel full of energy and lose weight quicker when I eat healthy.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    let's see...

1) Reddy charges in to thread (check)
    2) Reddy creates strawman counter-argument (check)
    3) Reddy passive-aggressively attacks OP (check)
    4) Reddy reports everyone who disagrees with him ( )

so far 3 out of 4.

it seems like i've watched this movie many, many, many times before. it's kind of a boring movie to be honest.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping that someone will come in here and argue endlessly to the contrary so I can mark it off on my Bingo card.

Why? Do you have "hardbody, know-it-all, douche bag" on your bingo card too?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    thats some good old fashioned wishful thinking LOL
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Eats all the foods.

What the hell would you know? Clearly, you can't get your amazing physique eating junk like POP TARTS!

People, sheesh, talking with no authority. I tell you.

Poptarts are fuel for awesomeness. You just have to remember that your body can only fit in so much awesomeness before it has to make more room.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

All in good time, my friend. All in good time.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

just. saying.

You might want to double check that. How's it going with *your* goals?

just saying

i'm incredibly healthy. my goals at the moment are purely aesthetic because of the industry i work in.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

just. saying.

I have reached my goals and I wholeheartly agree that cutting out certian foods to lose weight is a bad idea - UNLESS you feel that you can cut that food out for the rest of your life. Diets are typically short term solutions to a long term problem. If I told myself that I couldn't eat ice cream or pasta or pizza EVER again, I'd probably be 40 pounds heavier than what I started out at.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Does that mean I can go back to eating lead paint and asbestos? Cuz I really loved that stuff.

Everything in moderation!!
    lulz
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

ah.

just. saying.

Right on! I've tried both theories and have to say that eating what you want doesn't work. I feel full of energy and lose weight quicker when I eat healthy.

Eating what you want works for me. Seems to work for mustgetmuscles1 as well.

All foods are OK if they fit into your nutritional goals (and you aren't allergic to them).
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

Why? Do you have "hardbody, know-it-all, douche bag" on your bingo card too?
    Yes. It's next to the "I gain weight during my period" square.
This discussion has been closed.