ways to annoy a fitness person

Options

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    - the guy who sits on the machine in the circuit watching tv while you patiently wait to use it.
    - When guys at the gym lift more weight than they can handle, and when they finish their reps they slam the weights down. (if you can't control putting them down properly, they are too heavy for you)

- To say "i hate water"!! Like WTF is that?? That's like saying "i hate oxygen"
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    eat donuts at the gym and criticize people's form...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Your really selfish to your family to be away from them working out so much. I guess I just love mine more.

I can't eat anything <this color> Its just going to make you <fat> <pancreas explode> <get diabetes>

your such a picky eater now, I just am not going to invite you to any parties or out to dinner because you are so picky

why are you sweating so much? can you handle that weight?

I'm doing heavy lifting, I have 5 lbs and 8 lbs dumbbells.. yes they are pink and purple

I do lift heavy, I'm doing <insert DVD name here>

I just cleaned the house and did laundry, that was at least 2000 calories burned
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When someone wants to break in to my five minutes of time doing 3 sets of 15 reps and use the machine I am using so they can get their workout in faster......... take a breath, look at them head to toe to head to toe to head, and say "OK. It looks like you need this machine worse than I do." Then allow them to use the machine and stand there three feet away with your hands on your hips and watch them the whole time.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Oooh, also, also: "muscle weighs more than fat".

SWEET BABY JESUS.

It's pretty annoying when people don't understand, genuinely or not, that muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, people telling you not to get too skinny gets old, especially when you haven't lost any weight in ages.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Get pop tarts crumbs in their protein shake.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Tell them that Planet Fitness is clearly the best gym since they sponsor The Biggest Loser, have free pizza on Monday, free bagels on Tuesday and a "lunk" alarm.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Question EVERY. LITTLE. THING. they eat.

"You can eat Pizza/Ice Cream/ Booze/ Bread/ cheese/ bananas?? But I thought you were diiiiiiiieting!!"

*beetchslap*
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Telling you that you look skinny, I don't want to look skinny.. I want to look fit! Also when girls tell me they don't want to lift weights because they don't want to look "Manly"
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options

It's pretty annoying when people don't understand, genuinely or not, that muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, people telling you not to get too skinny gets old, especially when you haven't lost any weight in ages.

Second part - wholeheartedly agree.

First - am I missing something? 5lb of muscle and 5lb of fat will both say exactly the same thing if placed on a scale, yes? Volume and density aside, of course.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options

oh, and at the gym, the guys who sit or stand around the weights machines talking or just watching others working out - are you actually going to do something or just stare at everyone else??

I swear this happened to me yesterday. A girl whom was on the treadmill (going like -0.5 miles/hour) and a man (Standing in between my machine and hers) sat and talked like the whole time. To top things off the machines are close so he was in my bubble and they were talking so loud that I swear I had to keep turning my ipod up and could still hear them! ERRRR so annoying!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Second part - wholeheartedly agree.

First - am I missing something? 5lb of muscle and 5lb of fat will both say exactly the same thing if placed on a scale, yes? Volume and density aside, of course.

You would think that, but broscience will prove you wrong every time.

Ok just think about it, fat is bigger than a muscle, so it weighs more.
    See these are not the same, bro!
    muscle-fat-150x150.jpg
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Giving up coffee to be "healthier"
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Best way to annoy me personally is to be super morbidly obese and on a walmart scooter taking up half the aisle looking at cookies.... -.-

All the folks on my FB advertising Body by Vi, Advocare, ect is a close second
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    "It's nice that you have the time to go to the gym" - when I make time/effort, instead of sitting in front of the TV / messing about on the iPad...
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    oh... " Be careful! <Squats, lunges, running, etc.> is bad for your <knees, shoulders, shins, ankles, etc>!!!!":noway:

Yeah? Sitting on your *kitten* is bad for your heart..:happy:
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Doing knee bends and calling them squats.
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some of the people on this thread really need to lighten up. Eat a Snickers or something..you seem angry.

Go to the gym..get on the treadmill..and in your loudest, most off key voice..sing "I'm Every Woman"....lolol...that'll annoy everyone :laugh:

Yes...I've done that :-)
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'd tell them
    "If god would have wanted me to run all over the place he would have not invented cars" or

"You say that if I exercise I'll live longer but that longer life I will waste on exercise" or

"Jim Fixx died at 52 he ran all the time, George Burns live to be 100 smoked cigars all the time, humm let me think which one I want to emulate"
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Put a box of Krispy Kremes in front of every piece of equipment at the gym.