ways to annoy a fitness person

Options

Replies

• pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say "I love my curves" when they are not curvy, they're just overweight... e.g. Gemma Collins from The Only Way Is Essex... Gemma+Collins+Gemma+Collins+Launches+Plus+JTY_GofV8Upl.jpg

This also annoys me... Seeing a family eating junk because it's "cheaper" than eating healthy.. a-fat-obese-overweight-kid-child-0.jpg

This, I know a few girls who say they are curvy, yet they curve outwards, not inwards..

I like her body....I just don't like the whole Oompa Loompa tan thing ;-(
  • pnubn1
    Options

Or...

2nbx6vb.gif

Am I the only one super impressed by Jim Carrey's move?

I saw a tiny 4 year old girl on America's Got Talent...doing that exact move. Look it up on youtube...she is phenomenal!!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Take their lifelong dream, that they've dedicated years too, sacrificed blood sweat and tears for... and tell them you're genuinely concerned you'll achieve it by accident.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

It's pretty annoying when people don't understand, genuinely or not, that muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, people telling you not to get too skinny gets old, especially when you haven't lost any weight in ages.

Second part - wholeheartedly agree.

First - am I missing something? 5lb of muscle and 5lb of fat will both say exactly the same thing if placed on a scale, yes? Volume and density aside, of course.

By that logic, wouldn't everything in existence pretty much weigh the same?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Tell them that if they lose weight and get fit it doesn't matter because in the end they're going to die anyway.

Seriously, someone said this to me. Then followed it up with, All you're doing is making a pretty corpse. Mind you, this big old girl is pushing 300 pounds. I was so proud of myself for restraining from telling her what she was making by being so morbidly obese. :noway:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Use the word "toned" or "clean eating". I instantly assume the person is an idiot if they say these things.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Take all your equipment you're going to use for the day and put it by a bench and say you're using it

omg a guy did that to me last week. My gym is pretty small, and he took up almost the entire weights area with his *kitten*, then proceeded to hog the space in front of the rack of medicine balls that I was clearly using, so I couldn't put them away or get the heavier one. I was super annoyed. That was going to be my post, hehe :)
    Question EVERY. LITTLE. THING. they eat.

"You can eat Pizza/Ice Cream/ Booze/ Bread/ cheese/ bananas?? But I thought you were diiiiiiiieting!!"

*beetchslap*

My mother does this to me.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I personally love it when someone asks me to calculate how much they need to eat to lose, and then when I tell them, they inform me that there is NO WAY they could eat that much if they wanted to.... as they sip their Big Gulp:huh:
  • pnubn1
    Options
    Workout at the gym....with a Kingsize Snickers bar in my back pocket..so I can eat it while on the treadmill as a snack while watching Roseanne...lol
  • TheCollector69
    Options
    Tell them about skinny fat
    Tell them about 1200 calories and the significance of that number
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Tell them you know a great diet they should try. (I'm only four pounds from goal and am doing just fine, but people still feel the need to tell me how I should or shouldn't eat.)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

on page 1 and laughing my butt off. will come back later.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Take the padding off the squat bar, stash it somewhere inexplicable and put the leather cover that goes on the padding around the bar, hanging there.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

It's pretty annoying when people don't understand, genuinely or not, that muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, people telling you not to get too skinny gets old, especially when you haven't lost any weight in ages.

First - am I missing something? 5lb of muscle and 5lb of fat will both say exactly the same thing if placed on a scale, yes? Volume and density aside, of course.

Yoink!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Yes, it's so tiring to hear people say a pound of something can't weigh more than another (It's true, but it's so obvious that saying it is ridiculous!). When you compare the weight of 2 substances, rather than objects, there's no way to leave volume and density aside; "of same volume" is ALWAYS implied. Otherwise, you aren't actually making a comparison based on anything. I'll say it again, high school physics. Seriously.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Take the padding off the squat bar, stash it somewhere inexplicable and put the leather cover that goes on the padding around the bar, hanging there.

The 'padding' is called my trapezius.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    73931_444661048955568_1068934090_n_zps58077dd8.jpg
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Ask them if they lift! :blushing:
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sit on a machine and talk on the phone, completely ignoring the 2 other people who are waiting to use it. Hit on a woman (me) who's running on a treadmill. A little busy here, ya see? Oh, and stop staring. It creeps folks out. And wash your gym clothes and your body once in a while. Thanks.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Whinge about being over weight while you stuff cookies in.

Complain that you've eaten "nothing" and not lost any weight.

Say you've been working out "all week" and the scale has gone up so it must be muscle gain.

Love it!