"I love you more..."

Options
mariposa224
mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
So my fiancé and I aren't real mushy overall, we say we love each other frequently, but don't get into a lot of gushing over one another, it's just not our thing. But there's one thing he's said to me a couple of times (via text) that never fails to make me grin like an idiot and feel like I'm blushing. lol

He works offshore in the oil industry, so he's gone for about a month at a time. We have an internet app on our phones that allows us some texting capability (plus he'll call me most days for a few minutes on a sat phone). Last night he had said he loves me, I responded that I love him more. To which I got *the* remark: "I still love you more than cookies :smooched: " I must tell you here, the man LOVES cookies. He has bought an entire case of fortune cookies before, just so he could have them whenever the mood struck. He would gladly buy entire cases of Girl Scout Thin Mints if I'd allow it. lol So, anyway, I know it's silly, but it just gives me a warm fuzzy kind of feeling when he says it (which isn't often, which is probably part of why it makes me feel special when he DOES say it).

What kind of things do your significant others/spouses/partners say to you that make you feel special?

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet!

My husband and I tend to be mushy types. He did tell me yesterday that I was still the best piece of tail he's ever had, even after all these years. LOL
  • mariposa224
    Options
    That is so sweet!

My husband and I tend to be mushy types. He did tell me yesterday that I was still the best piece of tail he's ever had, even after all these years. LOL
    Awww... See, I could dig that compliment as well! Always a nice one to hear!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    No, you hang up!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    No, you hang up!
    Cute! That reminds me of the episode of Friends where Ross was doing that with some girl until Rachel finally snatched the phone out of his hand and hung it up. :laugh:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    No, you hang up!
    Cute! That reminds me of the episode of Friends where Ross was doing that with some girl until Rachel finally snatched the phone out of his hand and hung it up. :laugh:
    I don't actually do that, ahahahha. But I do remember that episode!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Random foot and hand massages. Also when he makes my plate for me and hands it to me to eat. Makes me feel like a princess.
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My daughter knows I am a little bit of a geek . .
    So she tells me she "loves me bigger than google"
  • Kalathra
    Kalathra Posts: 5
    Options
    My partner and I are huge nerds, most recently obsessed with The Game of Thrones, and the other day he called me "his sun and stars", a quote from the books / show, which is said to my favourite character. I melted, not going to lie. x3
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    That's so cute:heart:
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    One night I was winding down from a crappy day and out of no where I get this text:

"I love you from your head down to your pop cycle toes"
    Then he goes, "that reminded me of you :smile: "

GAW'''':smooched:
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    hubby and I use "more than Sheldon loves his spot" or "more than the Doctor loves his Tardis"
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Random foot and hand massages. Also when he makes my plate for me and hands it to me to eat. Makes me feel like a princess.
    Nothing quite like it, is there? :happy:
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I sent a photo of my to the BF two days ago, right after a killer workout, and I was laying on a matt, dripping in sweat, makeup running, looking horrid... He responds "God baby youre so beautiful, theres never a time where ive thought otherwise. Massages when you get home."

Made me feel like a million bucks.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My daughter knows I am a little bit of a geek . .
    So she tells me she "loves me bigger than google"
    That's just adorable!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My husband and I aren't particularly mushy either, but I find it super adorable when he kisses my hand or my cheek. :heart:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My partner and I are huge nerds, most recently obsessed with The Game of Thrones, and the other day he called me "his sun and stars", a quote from the books / show, which is said to my favourite character. I melted, not going to lie. x3
    So friggin' sweet!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I love being "old fashioned". My husband opens doors for me and stuff but I really love that when we go out to dinner, we decide what we want and then when the waitress comes, he orders for me. Even if we don't discuss the incidentals like salad dressing or sauces or what i want to drink, he knows me well enough that he usually decides those as well.

Ocassionally, because I am such an indecisive person, especially when ordering off a menu at a new restaurant, I'll ask him to just pick something out for me. I've yet to be disappointed by his choices for me.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    We write each other poetry--at least I write poetry and he writes (this is HIS description) doggerel. We're revoltingly sweet--after 18 years, we still hold hands, and we kiss at stoplights(fastest way to make a light turn green!) and all that wonderful mushy stuff.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    One night I was winding down from a crappy day and out of no where I get this text:

"I love you from your head down to your pop cycle toes"
    Then he goes, "that reminded me of you :smile: "

GAW'''':smooched:
    Moments like these are the ones that make memories. :heart:
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    "Everything I do is to make you happy, darling. It's all for you." :heart:

Not seen my boy since Christmas Eve, and I miss him so much.

tumblr_mdi6ryraiW1r2j8nx_zps905db2b4.gif