"I love you more..."

Options

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    We met online, long distance brings out the mush in you because talking is most of what you can do. I flew out to see him the first time, to London UK and he doesn't like to travel much because he hates planning it (I now have to do all the planning otherwise it doesn't happen). So I was already chuffed about the original trip and then he surprise takes me to Paris for a couple days and it's mushy as fu@k, I had the best time! We have lived together now for a couple years and he and I still do all kinds of dorky things together like teach ourselves to make each others favorite foods. We snuggle up and watch nerdy shows like Adventure Time and Doctor Who together. He always makes me breakfast and even weighs out my food so I can log it. We are pretty gross, in private but keep it mostly under wraps in public. <3
    We were long distance for the first year we were together (we met online through a social site, not even a dating site lol). We had known each other for two years, solely as friends, before ever meeting in person. I went to Louisiana (at his invitation) for Mardi Gras two years ago... And that was all she wrote. Hahaha I wasn't intending to fall in love, but that's what happened. Your story is very sweet. I think it's really great that you make each others' favorite foods and all. :drinker:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    When he says "I really like you"

Because I may always love him, but to *like* him and vice versa is amazingly awesome.
    Very true!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    One night I was winding down from a crappy day and out of no where I get this text:

"I love you from your head down to your pop cycle toes"
    Then he goes, "that reminded me of you :smile: "

GAW'''':smooched:

hahahaha..... I read that as "poop cycle". Made me laugh.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    What kind of things do your significant others/spouses/partners say to you that make you feel special?

"You'll do."

With a smile that conveys someone understands you at a cellular level, that joke is the best.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You-complete-me_large.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    6dIbSXg.gif
  • mariposa224
    Options
    What kind of things do your significant others/spouses/partners say to you that make you feel special?

"You'll do."

With a smile that conveys someone understands you at a cellular level, that joke is the best.
    :laugh: :heart:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    You-complete-me_large.jpg
    This.is.awesome. Thanks for the giggle.
  • Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Him: I love you
    Me: I love you more
    Him: I love you most
    Me: I love you more than most.
    Him: I love you more than all.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This is a little different, but one of my little cousins told me that he loves me more than he loves legos. And then he proceeded to give me his favorite plastic dinosaur. This little guy knows the way to a woman's heart! :happy:
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When he got down on one knee with my 4 year old presented mea ring and asked me to Re-marry him after 10 years...he said "i've decided i'll keep you around forever "(jokingly of course). We are renewing our vows in May on a Malibu beach in California! Can't wait! He always does special forget me nots...i'm a blessed gal! He's a keeper (isn't perfect....but perfect for me).

Love your story Mariposa!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Then you punch him in the face, right?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Me: You're crazy.
    Him: Crazy 'bout you.

We stopped saying it over the years, but whenever he gets the opening, he'll still say it.

And it still warms my heart.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    My partner and I are huge nerds, most recently obsessed with The Game of Thrones, and the other day he called me "his sun and stars", a quote from the books / show, which is said to my favourite character. I melted, not going to lie. x3

unled2rx_zps24962bcd.png
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My favorite is when he randomly comes up behind me, picks me up, and bear hugs me.
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    In for the mushiness..........

When the ex was stationed away for 2 years.... we always made it a point to talk on the phone when we went to bed. You know, end the day "together" even though thousands of miles separated us.
    99% of the nights, we both fell asleep while still on the phone...
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    "Everything I do is to make you happy, darling. It's all for you." :heart:

Not seen my boy since Christmas Eve, and I miss him so much.

tumblr_mdi6ryraiW1r2j8nx_zps905db2b4.gif

I wish I could be that beautiful when I cry. lol
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Then you punch him in the face, right?

katyperry-wideawake0g71s.gif
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A friend of ours has a little boy who one night had been watching TV before bed and obviously saw one of the charity adverts.

He said to his Dad as he was tucking him 'Daddy, I love you all the way to Africa where the little children drink the dirty water and back again to my love heart' .

My husband now says to me every night :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5dnbr1PeQ1r4noob_zps787dbf91.gif