"I love you more..."

Options

Replies

• lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Everyday several times a day my husband tells me that I am beautiful. Even on those days when I get up look iin the mirror and go uuuugggghhhh.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    hubby and I use "more than Sheldon loves his spot" or "more than the Doctor loves his Tardis"
    Too cute!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    My husband and I used to do that ...now cutesy stuff is with my daughter. WeI do the "I love you to infinity and beyond", or " I love you to the moon and back".
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My daughter knows I am a little bit of a geek . .
    So she tells me she "loves me bigger than google"

This is cute!

Love this thread :heart:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    So my fiancé and I aren't real mushy overall, we say we love each other frequently, but don't get into a lot of gushing over one another, it's just not our thing. But there's one thing he's said to me a couple of times (via text) that never fails to make me grin like an idiot and feel like I'm blushing. lol

He works offshore in the oil industry, so he's gone for about a month at a time. We have an internet app on our phones that allows us some texting capability (plus he'll call me most days for a few minutes on a sat phone). Last night he had said he loves me, I responded that I love him more. To which I got *the* remark: "I still love you more than cookies :smooched: " I must tell you here, the man LOVES cookies. He has bought an entire case of fortune cookies before, just so he could have them whenever the mood struck. He would gladly buy entire cases of Girl Scout Thin Mints if I'd allow it. lol So, anyway, I know it's silly, but it just gives me a warm fuzzy kind of feeling when he says it (which isn't often, which is probably part of why it makes me feel special when he DOES say it).

What kind of things do your significant others/spouses/partners say to you that make you feel special?

I love that! Awww... :flowerforyou:

Sometime early in our courtship, I went to get my hair cut and the stylist used this stuff to make my hair super soft. Hubby said that it was soft like a bunny. After that, he started calling me "Bunny." That or any of his shortened or compound word forms of it just make me melt. :heart:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I sent a photo of my to the BF two days ago, right after a killer workout, and I was laying on a matt, dripping in sweat, makeup running, looking horrid... He responds "God baby youre so beautiful, theres never a time where ive thought otherwise. Massages when you get home."

Made me feel like a million bucks.
    That was so sweet it almost brought tears to my eyes (like they got tingly lol). You've definitely got yourself a keeper!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My husband and I aren't particularly mushy either, but I find it super adorable when he kisses my hand or my cheek. :heart:
    It really IS the little things, isn't it?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I sent a photo of my to the BF two days ago, right after a killer workout, and I was laying on a matt, dripping in sweat, makeup running, looking horrid... He responds "God baby youre so beautiful, theres never a time where ive thought otherwise. Massages when you get home."

Made me feel like a million bucks.

That is so sweet. I agree with Mariposa, he sounds like a keeper :smile:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I love being "old fashioned". My husband opens doors for me and stuff but I really love that when we go out to dinner, we decide what we want and then when the waitress comes, he orders for me. Even if we don't discuss the incidentals like salad dressing or sauces or what i want to drink, he knows me well enough that he usually decides those as well.

Ocassionally, because I am such an indecisive person, especially when ordering off a menu at a new restaurant, I'll ask him to just pick something out for me. I've yet to be disappointed by his choices for me.
    That's really cool! Awesome that he knows what you like well enough to do that!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    We write each other poetry--at least I write poetry and he writes (this is HIS description) doggerel. We're revoltingly sweet--after 18 years, we still hold hands, and we kiss at stoplights(fastest way to make a light turn green!) and all that wonderful mushy stuff.
    Sometimes I wish for creativity like this, but it's just not me. But I find it very inspirational that after so many years together, you're obviously so well-matched & so in love!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    He knows exactly what I like, and what I am thinking without me saying or asking for it. I can't lie and say "I'm fine" when I am not, because he knows other wise. He also knows what all of my favorite foods are and often surprises me with things for no reason. We still cuddle, we still love to kiss, he's my baby and I'm his and we're never going to be too old to call each other baby.

Eight years, and it still feels like we're 19 and 21 holding hands at the movie theater somewhat more interested in each other then the movie. :blushing:
  • sanric1503
    Options
    @Mariposa - that is so sweet!
    My fiance and I say that we love eachother alottabit ("I don't love you just a little bit, I love you alottabit")
    Oh and he always opens the car door for me <3
  • mariposa224
    Options
    "Everything I do is to make you happy, darling. It's all for you." :heart:

Not seen my boy since Christmas Eve, and I miss him so much.

I can't imagine how difficult that must be! The longest I've had to go without mine is 11 weeks and THAT was hard. I hope that you're able to see one another very soon!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Everyday several times a day my husband tells me that I am beautiful. Even on those days when I get up look iin the mirror and go uuuugggghhhh.
    And even when you want to say "UGH!" I'm sure that he MEANS it when he tells you you're beautiful, too!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My husband and I used to do that ...now cutesy stuff is with my daughter. WeI do the "I love you to infinity and beyond", or " I love you to the moon and back".
    I did that with my kids when they were younger, too! So much fun!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    So my fiancé and I aren't real mushy overall, we say we love each other frequently, but don't get into a lot of gushing over one another, it's just not our thing. But there's one thing he's said to me a couple of times (via text) that never fails to make me grin like an idiot and feel like I'm blushing. lol

He works offshore in the oil industry, so he's gone for about a month at a time. We have an internet app on our phones that allows us some texting capability (plus he'll call me most days for a few minutes on a sat phone). Last night he had said he loves me, I responded that I love him more. To which I got *the* remark: "I still love you more than cookies :smooched: " I must tell you here, the man LOVES cookies. He has bought an entire case of fortune cookies before, just so he could have them whenever the mood struck. He would gladly buy entire cases of Girl Scout Thin Mints if I'd allow it. lol So, anyway, I know it's silly, but it just gives me a warm fuzzy kind of feeling when he says it (which isn't often, which is probably part of why it makes me feel special when he DOES say it).

What kind of things do your significant others/spouses/partners say to you that make you feel special?

I love that! Awww... :flowerforyou:

Sometime early in our courtship, I went to get my hair cut and the stylist used this stuff to make my hair super soft. Hubby said that it was soft like a bunny. After that, he started calling me "Bunny." That or any of his shortened or compound word forms of it just make me melt. :heart:
    Awww! That is super-sweet (and cute)!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    He knows exactly what I like, and what I am thinking without me saying or asking for it. I can't lie and say "I'm fine" when I am not, because he knows other wise. He also knows what all of my favorite foods are and often surprises me with things for no reason. We still cuddle, we still love to kiss, he's my baby and I'm his and we're never going to be too old to call each other baby.

Eight years, and it still feels like we're 19 and 21 holding hands at the movie theater somewhat more interested in each other then the movie. :blushing:
    Very, very cool. :flowerforyou:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    @Mariposa - that is so sweet!
    My fiance and I say that we love eachother alottabit ("I don't love you just a little bit, I love you alottabit")
    Oh and he always opens the car door for me <3
    I love that! Too cute!
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    We met online, long distance brings out the mush in you because talking is most of what you can do. I flew out to see him the first time, to London UK and he doesn't like to travel much because he hates planning it (I now have to do all the planning otherwise it doesn't happen). So I was already chuffed about the original trip and then he surprise takes me to Paris for a couple days and it's mushy as fu@k, I had the best time! We have lived together now for a couple years and he and I still do all kinds of dorky things together like teach ourselves to make each others favorite foods. We snuggle up and watch nerdy shows like Adventure Time and Doctor Who together. He always makes me breakfast and even weighs out my food so I can log it. We are pretty gross, in private but keep it mostly under wraps in public. <3
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    When he says "I really like you"

Because I may always love him, but to *like* him and vice versa is amazingly awesome.