"I love you more..."

Options

Replies

• InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    A friend of ours has a little boy who one night had been watching TV before bed and obviously saw one of the charity adverts.

He said to his Dad as he was tucking him 'Daddy, I love you all the way to Africa where the little children drink the dirty water and back again to my love heart' .

My husband now says to me every night :laugh:

I am sure the little children in Africa drinking the dirty water are thrilled to have a role in your love fest.

27490.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    So my fiancé and I aren't real mushy overall, we say we love each other frequently, but don't get into a lot of gushing over one another, it's just not our thing. But there's one thing he's said to me a couple of times (via text) that never fails to make me grin like an idiot and feel like I'm blushing. lol

He works offshore in the oil industry, so he's gone for about a month at a time. We have an internet app on our phones that allows us some texting capability (plus he'll call me most days for a few minutes on a sat phone). Last night he had said he loves me, I responded that I love him more. To which I got *the* remark: "I still love you more than cookies :smooched: " I must tell you here, the man LOVES cookies. He has bought an entire case of fortune cookies before, just so he could have them whenever the mood struck. He would gladly buy entire cases of Girl Scout Thin Mints if I'd allow it. lol So, anyway, I know it's silly, but it just gives me a warm fuzzy kind of feeling when he says it (which isn't often, which is probably part of why it makes me feel special when he DOES say it).

What kind of things do your significant others/spouses/partners say to you that make you feel special?

............. I got nothin'
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I recently started calling him my Snuggle-up-a-gus, because we like to snuggle up together. :smooched:

Him: "You're so weird!" or sometimes "strange," but always with a laugh. This is often after I've done something weird or strange.
    Me: "If I wasn't, you'd be bored."
    Him: "Yeah, I like you weird."

I also like it when we're just sitting on the couch and he starts running his hand up and down my back. By now, he knows without me asking to scratch right where the bra strap sits - and it's heavenly. :love:
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This morning, my husband cuddled up behind me and said so simply, "You're my best friend." Yesterday, he texted me to say that he was thinking about me a lot the last few days and that he chooses me. Goodness, makes my heart, which was already melted, run everywhere.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my husband, who is not a mushy person at all, tucks me into bed each night, kisses me on my check and says "good night, i love you love muffin". we say i love you probably 15 times a day, and hes always asking for kisses. hes too cute for words :)
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    "I still love you more than cookies :smooched: "

I think that's very sweet. Though if I'd say it I'd have to change the wording to "I love you more than peppermint patties"
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    mine always says "i love you more than yesterday"....the end of the quote is "and less then tomorrow" but he never says it. He always says that i'm his favorite fiance, or he calls me pookie (his pet name is sugar bum lol). We very rarely call each other by our given names, it's usually "honey" or "hon". I get the usual; goosed in the kitchen, boob squeeze in the hallway, over exaggerated make-out session that makes me laugh hysterically. I get nightly back rubs, and always a hand to hold when I'm falling asleep. My man loves me, and I sure do love him
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My most recent complicated relationship guy called me a "monkey face" and "midget ant" yesterday. I feel so loved. :smooched:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're *kitten* does look big in those jeans.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I got nothing. Except maybe a little depression now.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're *kitten* does look big in those jeans.
    Thank you, I was hoping it did.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A friend of ours has a little boy who one night had been watching TV before bed and obviously saw one of the charity adverts.

He said to his Dad as he was tucking him 'Daddy, I love you all the way to Africa where the little children drink the dirty water and back again to my love heart' .

My husband now says to me every night :laugh:

I am sure the little children in Africa drinking the dirty water are thrilled to have a role in your love fest.

27490.jpg

It's not like we're taking the piss. We just thought that what the little boy said was cute, it was a very inncocent thing for him to say, he's only 3. In his mind, Africa was the most far away place he could think of so to love somewhere all the way to there and back again must be huge to him. He'd clearly put some thought into how much he loved his Dad.
    We say it to each other now because we thought it was cute.
    No need for smart comments.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5dnbr1PeQ1r4noob_zps787dbf91.gif

^ This. As much as I hate the "my SO sucks" threads, I'm feeling a little ill right now!

Oh, and this is for you Little Miss Sexy Pudd'n Pop!!! You know who your are! :flowerforyou:
  • rikajames
    rikajames Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My husband is completely selfish with food and a HUGE germaphobe. One day while having dinner at his mother's house (mind you my husband is her baby and no one was good enough for him lol) I needed a swig of a drink after eating his steak bits so he handed me his cup of water to drink. His mother pulled me aside and said "I truly understand how much my son loves you and I am giving you my complete blessing for anything that you guys may need in your lifetime." Just from that little gesture which I found out later was a HUGE gesture in her eyes. :D
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I don't know. If my husband suddenly whipped out a stupid pet name, I'd wonder who he was seeing and secretly check his phone.
  • yankeez1212
    Options
    Never respond to this comment by getting a pensive look on your face and then saying "Hmmm, ya, I guess you are right". Trust me on this one ;)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't know. If my husband suddenly whipped out a stupid pet name, I'd wonder who he was seeing and secretly check his phone.

:laugh:
  • rikajames
    rikajames Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LOVE!!!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I told my boyfriend I love him more than mini eggs, he nearly fainted......
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5dnbr1PeQ1r4noob_zps787dbf91.gif

^ This. As much as I hate the "my SO sucks" threads, I'm feeling a little ill right now!

Oh, and this is for you Little Miss Sexy Pudd'n Pop!!! You know who your are! :flowerforyou:

Stop it,,, your wife may see this and find out!