actually i have heard this a lot,
    but my husband and i our standard phone good bye is
    " love ya later bye" said as one word..

and yes the it gets smiles etc..
    and it does have a dual intention just as the phrase implies
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Been married 12 years and we still say I love you every day, multiple times a day, even on days we may fight.

And I tell my son I love him about a 1000 times a day, he must think I am nuts. I don't recall anyone ever saying it to me as a kid so I want to make sure he remembers! :)
  • rikajames
    rikajames Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Been married 12 years and we still say I love you every day, multiple times a day, even on days we may fight.

And I tell my son I love him about a 1000 times a day, he must think I am nuts. I don't recall anyone ever saying it to me as a kid so I want to make sure he remembers! :)

us too. l love when my husband tell our sons "No matter what happens your lady is always right! And make sure you tell her everyday how much you love her!" I love this post!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My husband comes home from work every day and greets me with a "Heeeey Gorgeous!" I like to call him Beau-friend. It's corny, but I like it. :heart:
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    A friend of ours has a little boy who one night had been watching TV before bed and obviously saw one of the charity adverts.

He said to his Dad as he was tucking him 'Daddy, I love you all the way to Africa where the little children drink the dirty water and back again to my love heart' .

My husband now says to me every night :laugh:

I am sure the little children in Africa drinking the dirty water are thrilled to have a role in your love fest.

It's not like we're taking the piss. We just thought that what the little boy said was cute, it was a very inncocent thing for him to say, he's only 3. In his mind, Africa was the most far away place he could think of so to love somewhere all the way to there and back again must be huge to him. He'd clearly put some thought into how much he loved his Dad.
    We say it to each other now because we thought it was cute.
    No need for smart comments.

Just about anything out of a 3 year old's mouth is cute. An adult using a reference to African children drinking muddy water to express his love for his wife is not so cute.

But in any case, cheers!

image_preview
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Well, she can't speak, but as soon as I walk in the door she jumps up on me and acts like she can't believe I actually came back, and then she licks my face. :heart:
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My Wife always tells me that she loves me and that without me she doesnt know where she would be and that I mean the world to her :)
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    we've been married for 25 years :) He's my best friend! About a month ago we were walking out of church. We were going out a side door so we could stop at the bathroom before we went home. I was in front of him (in a hurry) and he wistled at me. :) I turned around wondering who was whistling and at what/who. It was me it made me feel so special!
    then when we text back and forth and he says I love you gigantic all in caps :)
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    my daughter knows I am very poetic so she says I love you more than all the stars in the sky.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is not a super mushy guy either. One of the sweetest things he ever did is write me a letter on my birthday. He wrote lots of sweet things, my favorites were that he would be lost without me and the best part of his day is coming home to me. He says "he loves me more than I will ever know". Im about to cry typing this, so one can imagine my reaction when I read it the first time.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5dnbr1PeQ1r4noob_zps787dbf91.gif

^ This. As much as I hate the "my SO sucks" threads, I'm feeling a little ill right now!

Oh, and this is for you Little Miss Sexy Pudd'n Pop!!! You know who your are! :flowerforyou:

Stop it,,, your wife may see this and find out!

Shhhhhh!!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    "I would eat you like bacon."

I'm a romantic.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Not the same, but my brother and my mother always get into these teasing 'arguments' (they're just joking with one another, you see), about, "I love you more," "That's impossible," "No it's not, I love you more than you could ever love me," etc. I know it's not the same, it's just funny when I see it, and it's fun for them and something they do... :)
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My husband once stroked the hair by my neck until I fell asleep, it was such a comforting feeling :) We also lift together and he always makes my protein shake just right :)

Best my ex could say was "Love you with all of my penis" Which wasn't much :laugh:
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A friend of ours has a little boy who one night had been watching TV before bed and obviously saw one of the charity adverts.

He said to his Dad as he was tucking him 'Daddy, I love you all the way to Africa where the little children drink the dirty water and back again to my love heart' .

My husband now says to me every night :laugh:

I am sure the little children in Africa drinking the dirty water are thrilled to have a role in your love fest.

It's not like we're taking the piss. We just thought that what the little boy said was cute, it was a very inncocent thing for him to say, he's only 3. In his mind, Africa was the most far away place he could think of so to love somewhere all the way to there and back again must be huge to him. He'd clearly put some thought into how much he loved his Dad.
    We say it to each other now because we thought it was cute.
    No need for smart comments.

Just about anything out of a 3 year old's mouth is cute. An adult using a reference to African children drinking muddy water to express his love for his wife is not so cute.

Ok. Well I'm sorry if I've offended anyone - that was not my intention.
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not the mushy one- but he is allllll for that! When a friend compliments me, he'll grab me and say "Mine!" or how he surprises me at work, or when he kisses my forehead when we are waiting in lines, or silly things like picking me up and running down the street with me on his shoulder. He's also very vocal about his affection for me, and I always get flustered trying to find as nice of things to say back and he just laughs and hugs me, telling me he knows I care deeply for him. It's hard to be say what I want to say around him!

God, I miss him. Two months down, seven-ish to go until Basic training and tech school is over and done and we can argue and cuddle and just talk again.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Him: I love you
    Me: I love you more
    Him: I love you most
    Me: I love you more than most.
    Him: I love you more than all.
    Beautiful!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    This is a little different, but one of my little cousins told me that he loves me more than he loves legos. And then he proceeded to give me his favorite plastic dinosaur. This little guy knows the way to a woman's heart! :happy:
    When little kids are in this type of mood, I don't think there's much better in the whole world! :flowerforyou:
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My husband says "can I keep you?" I love it.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    When he got down on one knee with my 4 year old presented mea ring and asked me to Re-marry him after 10 years...he said "i've decided i'll keep you around forever "(jokingly of course). We are renewing our vows in May on a Malibu beach in California! Can't wait! He always does special forget me nots...i'm a blessed gal! He's a keeper (isn't perfect....but perfect for me).

Love your story Mariposa!!!
    So very sweet! And I know what you mean, mine is definitely not perfect either, put he's perfect for me. :love: