For everyone NOT losing or Stalling Out! READ THIS NOW!

Options
Before you come on here and start complaining how you aren't losing weight or you gained a whole pound in a day, CALM DOWN!
First of all, I see like 10 threads in a row all saying the same thing "Stalling out" "Not Losing" "What am I doing wrong?" Etc.

If you read other's advice to these threads first, then you wouldn't have to write your own thread. And I am going to give you the best advice ever... and if you don't take it, then that's fine but I am so sick of people using this thread to B****, moan and complain about how hard this is.

First of all, stop netting so low. If you want to work out, your body needs energy and if you are only eating 1200 cals or lower a day and then working off 400-500 a day, you think your body can handle that?! You are hurting it. Eat back your exercise calories, otherwise your body will STORE anything it can find just so it has energy for the next day and work out. Not only will you not lose, you may even gain weight.

Second, do not just do cardio, like my idiot self, I decided that cardio would be the way to lose. It was BUT I lost a lot of muscle mass in the process. Also, as well as weight lifting and ab workouts with weights build muscle mass, and speed up your metabolism and heart rate, it also helps you burns calories for the next 48 hours as opposed to cardio which stops burning calories as soon as you stop.

Third, do not complain about how you can't get yourself to workout, you hate the gym, or you hate cardio or lifting. Seriously, you can do ANYTHING to keep yourself active. Find a sport, do yoga or zumba (zumba is super fun), do a home workout tape if you aren't that comfortable, walk (I lost 10 lbs one summer just from walking an hour a day). go for a bike ride, play on the playground with you kids, I don't care what you do but DO SOMETHING!!!

And finally, I never want to hear another person complain about how it is "pointless to keep eating things they don't want, cutting out everything they love and not seeing results" Well who in h*ll told you to do that?!

I have not given up anything! (THIS IS GOING TO BE SUPER REPETITIVE FOR ANYONE WHO READS MY POSTS)
Do simple things! Instead of regular ice cream I have skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and cookies and cream truffle bars. Take cheese and heavy dressings out of your sandwiches, subs and salads. Switch to whole grain or whole wheat or rye bread instead of white. Eat your tuna without mayo. Eat an apple with peanut butter for a snack (which is just as filling) than a candy bar every day. Instead of pasta and mac & cheese every night, have them in a lean cuisine or smart ones meal (portion control). Instead of brownies, have special K 100 pack brownies. THIS IS ALL SIMPLE STUFF! I can even go to McDonalds with my friends, I just get a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo on it instead of a big mac and fries. Is that really so hard?

AND If you really are a plateau because that happens when you become closer to your goal weight: USE THE ZIG ZAG METHOD! it has gotten me through every plateau. Eat your amount of calories average over a weeks time instead of everyday, eating more some days and less others. This "tricks" your body and it always works for me. So before you post another thread about not losing weight. TRY ALL OF THIS FIRST AND THEN TELL ME IN A MONTH IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING!

So seriously, stop freaking out and relax. This is a journey and if you don't see a loss one week, try again next week. Giving up is only going to put on pounds. Wouldn't you at least like to stay where you are? Or would you like to get heavier? Because I'm pretty sure that's why you started this anyways.

Thanks for reading if you did, because you all really need to actually read the advice people are trying to give you. That's what we are here for, honestly.
Good luck with you JOURNEYS! :bigsmile:

Replies

• lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • ThisIsCharity
    ThisIsCharity Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    <3 well said!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    *high five
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I loved it!!! It's all true :smile: ........ I am in a plateau though but I'm doing the exact thing you are.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've never started a post before (so I'm not who this is directed at) but thanks for some good information! I'll try to learn from your experience and success :)
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • dizzzy33
    dizzzy33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I needed to read this today.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Ironic that this is ONE MORE post about something that has already been said 100 times before in other posts, especially since this poster says "READ ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS!"
  • amy002002
    Options
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jagkat
    Jagkat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great Post! Especially about giving up you will just gain so wouldn't at least like to stay the same... So true and honest .Thanks for laying it all out there. The post actually inspired me to keep going..
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    May I add that you should take measurements & pay attention to clothing fit vs. letting your self worth live and die on what the scale tells you. No one else but you cares what your scale says. 2 pounds of muscle takes less body mass than 2 pounds fat so go lift heavy things and build up some more muscle to replace the fat! Strong is way sexier than skinny!
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the logic and I'll say "toughish" love, not too harsh, but just enough to get us out of our doldrums!
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ironic that this is ONE MORE post about something that has already been said 100 times before in other posts, especially since this poster says "READ ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS!"

Very true. But most of the people I was directed at, do not want advice, they just want to complain. I just thought I should get as much advice I could out there in one post instead of posting on every single person's complaining thread. But I understand. lol.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

^^ This
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I totally get what you're saying here and I do agree with pretty much most of it as well but...you kinda come across a bit...well....bossy, ya know... at the end of the day it's a forum and neither you, me or anyone can tell people what to do, what threads to posts, how to eat etc. People will do as they please, we can advise but thats all....
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump! :-)
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I know eh... and your friends are on your news feed all like "ohhh I'm not losing because I net 314 calories a day...." NOW THAT'S THAT *kitten* I DON'T LIKE!!