For everyone NOT losing or Stalling Out! READ THIS NOW!

Options

Replies

• ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    Take cheese out of your sandwiches, subs and salads.

tumblr_meu5ploX0x1rve2mto1_500.gif
  • laineymags22
    laineymags22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nicely put my friend! Not only did I get some helpful tips, you have remotivated me to get back on track. I've been slacking with logging all my food and of course then I dont know where I'm at and gorge. What you said about eating back your calories after exercising makes more sense than any of those people's adivce I have seeked before. Thank you for being brutally honest. we all need that sometimes!!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well said OP...

I would also add that focusing on the process of improving your overall health and well being generally results in achieving other goals like weight loss, looking more fit, etc. I think too many people put the focus strictly on seeing Lbs move off the scale...in turn, they often end up even more unhealthy than they were.

When you focus on the results, you rarely see the change; when you focus on the change, you always see results.

100% AGREED
  • josh0208
    josh0208 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh My...thank you for this post! This is so true on these boards. I started my journey the beginning of the year and have been religiously been exercising and keeping track of everything on MFP since 3/1. I will be honest, there are some days that are much more challenging than others but it's a journey...a new way of life and people need to see it as such. I keep track of my weight and my measurements. If one is not moving the other sure is (in the right direction). My employer has set me up with a WEBMD health coach who has made it very clear to always eat more than the 1200 MFP states. With all the exercise I am doing (I do burn 500-1300 calories daily) I really need to eat around 1400-1500 calories in order to give my body back the nutrients it needs. With that, I am losing 1-2 pounds a week. Since March 1st, I have lost 5 inches off my waist, 4 inches from the hips and chest (each) and 2 inches from my thighs. My total weight loss has been 19.6 pounds since 1/1/13.

Everyone needs to always remember this is a life change..not a quick fix. This may sound silly but I find this be to a game some days as I am always trying to mix up my exercise or my food so that my body has no idea what's coming! LOL So far so good!!

Good look everyone!! You have to stay positive and have positive people around you. That has been a huge benefit so far.
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    Take cheese out of your sandwiches, subs and salads.

tumblr_meu5ploX0x1rve2mto1_500.gif

:laugh: haha, not for everyone.
  • nisey_75
    nisey_75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should be a little kinder if you are trying to be helpful. Or if you don't have anything nice to say - keep quiet!
  • MrsGW86
    MrsGW86 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement and advice. I am a "newbie" to this program and you have answered questions I am sure to have in the fuure..
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ever heard the saying - you catch more flies with honey that you do with vinegar. Try Kindness next time and maybe those who care what you have to say or might be helped by what you say might actually read the whole thing

I agree! Even though there was some useful information, the more I read the more ticked I got! We are here for support and motivation, not to be treated so rudely. Some people don't know how to find the posts that have already been posted about their same problem. There are so many posts, that some might have to go through pages and pages before they find what they are looking for. Some are new to the site and are just trying to learn their way around and make some helpful friends or friends going through the same thing with their weight loss. I say if you think it's a complaint, don't read it...move on! There are much kinder ways to motivate someone.
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement and advice. I am a "newbie" to this program and you have answered questions I am sure to have in the fuure..

Good Luck on your Journey :bigsmile:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Ironic that this is ONE MORE post about something that has already been said 100 times before in other posts, especially since this poster says "READ ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS!"

This. Also if you're fed with people post threads about not losing, don't read them or don't go to the forum.

Because heaven forbid people try to educate or help other people with their frustrations instead of ignoring their naive cries for help... *eyeroll*
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Giving your post a thumbs up while eating my daily chocolate :)
  • angwn
    angwn Posts: 6
    Options
    Bump

Great post - needed this today!

Just read back through a few more posts...and for the original poster: Great job and thank you. Some of us realize that you were making suggestions, not prescribing a program to be followed.

For everyone who decided to pick apart every damned thing the OP had to say? STFU. Seriously. These are forums - if you haven't figured out by now that you take away what you can/want to use and leave the rest behind? You need to re-evaluate how you spend your time.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Ironic that this is ONE MORE post about something that has already been said 100 times before in other posts, especially since this poster says "READ ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS!"

Very true. But most of the people I was directed at, do not want advice, they just want to complain. I just thought I should get as much advice I could out there in one post instead of posting on every single person's complaining thread. But I understand. lol.

If they don't want advice, then no matter how many more posts are written about this very topic, they will still not read it. I'm not trying to burst your bubble here, but the reality is, people only read, listen, hear and react to what they WANT to hear, not what they SHOULD hear.

True. Just putting it out there. Maybe I can get through to someone, ya know?

And somehow, your specific post WILL do what the other 100 posts won't, can't or haven't? Sounds like you've just started beating another dead horse here.

If we see any posts on here that say "Gee, I never thought of that or read about it before, that's an EXCELLENT point you're making -- I will definitely make those changes right away. I am totally enlightened now, thanks!", then you've somehow succeeded where numerous others have failed, and I'll offer a hearty congrats to you.

It's cool. From the messages I have received in the past 10 minutes, I have helped several people, so my job is done :bigsmile:

Actually, what you accomplished is getting folks to agree with you. Nobody on here is disagreeing with anything you've said, because they all KNOW what you've said, because they're well aware of simple suggestions.

Your words are nothing new to many.

Actually, go back and re-read, there was at least one reply I saw who was from a "newbie" thanking OP for the post. If one person is educated and assisted by a post then it is legitimate to have posted it. Plz stop trying to shame OP for writing a post that other people have posted... gasp, shock, it's a public forum where repetition happens.
  • lovemitch125
    Options

This. Also if you're fed with people post threads about not losing, don't read them or don't go to the forum.

Because heaven forbid people try to educate or help other people with their frustrations instead of ignoring their naive cries for help... *eyeroll*

^ THIS
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    I was eating a skinny cow ice cream sandwich as I read this. <3
    I love what you wrote and I really hope that people read it and learn because if they post one more about netting 700 and not losing weight, they're going to get the same advice, so it's better to just have it in one place with all nice information.
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    Giving your post a thumbs up while eating my daily chocolate :)

Like I said, never give up anything :wink: Go for it!
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    First of all, stop netting so low. If you want to work out, your body needs energy and if you are only eating 1200 cals or lower a day and then working off 400-500 a day, you think your body can handle that?! You are hurting it. Eat back your exercise calories, otherwise your body will STORE anything it can find just so it has energy for the next day and work out. Not only will you not lose, you may even gain weight.

Lol

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

I have not given up anything! (THIS IS GOING TO BE SUPER REPETITIVE FOR ANYONE WHO READS MY POSTS)
    Do simple things! Instead of regular ice cream I have skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and cookies and cream truffle bars. Take cheese and heavy dressings out of your sandwiches, subs and salads. Switch to whole grain or whole wheat or rye bread instead of white. Eat your tuna without mayo. Eat an apple with peanut butter for a snack (which is just as filling) than a candy bar every day. Instead of pasta and mac & cheese every night, have them in a lean cuisine or smart ones meal (portion control). Instead of brownies, have special K 100 pack brownies. THIS IS ALL SIMPLE STUFF! I can even go to McDonalds with my friends, I just get a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo on it instead of a big mac and fries. Is that really so hard?

Lol, whole grain bread, special k 100 cal brownies and lean cuisines?

AND If you really are a plateau because that happens when you become closer to your goal weight: USE THE ZIG ZAG METHOD! it has gotten me through every plateau. Eat your amount of calories average over a weeks time instead of everyday, eating more some days and less others. This "tricks" your body and it always works for me. So before you post another thread about not losing weight. TRY ALL OF THIS FIRST AND THEN TELL ME IN A MONTH IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING!

lol, tricks your body eh?

http://9gag.com/gag/aq905pp
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That was a great post! I will be re-reading it because it gave me motivation and the facts to keep going and to try new things.

May I add you?
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Amen to this!
  • Ramberta
    Options
    This is the kind of "tough love" I can get behind. Of course people are going to find ways to nitpick at how your post is wrong / repetitive and unnecessary / bossy / unhelpful, but I can see evidence already disproving that from all the people thanking you. Plus, you look great, so you have room to say these things!