I NEED A BOYFRIEND

Options

Replies

• PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    OP- I met my husband on match.com- the interesting thing though, is I wasn't looking for "my future husband" at the time. My father (with whom I was running a restaurant, along with my mother and sister) had been diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer; it was more on a whim that I signed up, thinking it would be a good change of pace and a distraction to get out, meet new people and go on a few dates. I was also living in a small town, and the idea of going out on dates with people who didn't know what was going on- where I could pretend for a couple hours that everything was normal, was very appealing. Well, it started out that most of the guys who seemed interested were either too old, smarmy, or two-faced (i was stood up for a date by a guy who, as it turned out, was already in a relationship!!!)

Then I came across a profile whose subject hadn't been on match in a few weeks, but, he seemed interesting, and smart, so I decided to send a wink. I thought of it as a shot in the dark, but hey, why the hell not? I was extremely surprised when I received an email from the guy two days later! So, we emailed a few times, then we decided to talk on the phone. A week later, we went on our first date... I didn't know it then, but it was the first night of the rest of my life. Looking back on it, I guess the indicator was that we spent nearly 4 hours talking over dinner, and didn't even realize it! I remember thinking on the way home, how even though everything was so innocuous, how different it was from every other date I'd been on.

I wasn't swept of my feet, it wasn't love at first sight, but within a month, we both knew this was it. I guess my point in telling you all this is, it will happen when it's supposed to happen, and most likely when you least expect it!

PS: On our 2nd date, we had the kid conversation, with both of us proclaiming we did not want kids and had no interest in getting pregnant. Less than 6 months later, we were pregnant (and completely overjoyed!!!) and in the process of getting married.

I don't know if you're spiritual or anything, but there is a saying- We make plans, and God laughs. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    BJ's and sammich making. Nets about 99% of all men.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    it's hard to get a boyfriend for attractive women these days? damn, i am glad i'm married.
    i would think you wouldn't have a problem.

Again, you ladies need to ease up on these terms. We (at least I) have no idea if the OP is attractive or not. No one wants to date someone with Medusa Simplex 3 even if they have abs. She needs to at least let some of the applicants check out what she looks like before we make decisions about being attractive or not.

Most important thing however is, does the OP handle deadpan humor well and can she appreciate some good sarcastic fun?
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have faith in your ability to fix this problem :)

If you are as smart as you are pretty, you will find someone who loves your spark in no time!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I will boyfriend you so hard!

I will ask you out for coffee and even talk to you while looking at your face and not looking at all the hot waitresses

Then, oh you better be prepared for my next brutal move because after the coffee, I will ask you out for a dinner and movie. Oh yeah, you know how hard I would be boyfriending you when theres dinner and a movie involved!

I will wine and dine you all night. I will wine and dine you so hard that you might even wanna... ask me to take you home.

And then.

Oh thats when the magic begins.

Then, I will drop you off because you're tipsy and so I will take you to your home and go my own way and wait for your phone call.

BAM! You just got boyfriended. HARD!

PS. This hardcore boyfriending will involve me forgetting I even have a cellphone!

emmaswoon.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to meet people, how to broach the subject of having a baby, and how much if it is just for fun versus seriousness.

Whoa there girl! Take it easy. Baby making shouldn't be brought up in the gym. Save that sort of stuff until you've had a few dates and determine what sort of income this guy has. Does he take you to nice places to eat or is it just cooking at home with his mother?

This is where I immediately stopped and said "WHA?" You are talking about babies or meeting people? Which is it? Don't lump any of that together.... One is very messy.
  • Increditim
    Increditim Posts: 159
    Options
    "Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with my rack? Ermm.. the squat rack? I really, REALLY need a spotter, if ya know what I mean"
    For best results, do this while wearing yoga pants, are just a tiny teansy bit sweaty and you're breathing a little heavier than usual.
    You're welcome.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Wait...
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm drooling everywhere
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    BJ's and sammich making. Nets about 99% of all men.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I once was a sous chef and I have GREAT dental hygiene... (google semen: phosphorus and zinc, teeth)

hah.
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options

I've been off the market/out of the game for the last 5+ years and now it's a foreign event.

Wow... Have you really been single for 5 years?
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    I'm not sure how to meet people, how to broach the subject of having a baby, and how much if it is just for fun versus seriousness.

Whoa there girl! Take it easy. Baby making shouldn't be brought up in the gym. Save that sort of stuff until you've had a few dates and determine what sort of income this guy has. Does he take you to nice places to eat or is it just cooking at home with his mother?

This is where I immediately stopped and said "WHA?" You are talking about babies or meeting people? Which is it? Don't lump any of that together.... One is very messy.

Again- I HAAAAVE a baby. Not trying to make a new one. Practice is cool though. Just no babies.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    But I'm certainly not looking for him on MFP. :-)

In all seriousness- it's time.

I've been off the market/out of the game for the last 5+ years and now it's a foreign event.

And what's the etiquette on gym flirting? I'm usually in my own world under the barbell but the gym is one of the only places I regularly visit where I'm in mixed company, soooooo...

tumblr_lifey3vevH1qa75d1o1_500.gif
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    you have boobs. just go out there and point them at someone.

for the win :laugh:
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Lol.

Step 1 - go outside

Step 2 - proceed to get hit on by thousands of ugly/mediocre/good looking guys.

Step 3 - Filter out the *kitten* and the guys who are only in it for dat *kitten*, and find a genuine, sweet, caring guy who is into you for whats on the inside (I promise, there are a few of us still out there) ;)

Step 4 - You win

In respect to the whole baby thing.. If a guy uses that as an excuse not to be with you.. Wrong guy anyway.

Something tells me you won't have a problem.

Good luck :P
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I'm drooling everywhere
    I recommend this one^^^
    He has entertaining KIK skills.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    just dont tub the weight on like me. I did that an all the offers stopped well the offers for a real relationship. Men still want the hey hoo but thats not flattering when you think theyll sleep with goats.
  • FitandFab33
    Options

Wow... Have you really been single for 5 years?

I was in a long-term relationship, engaged, resulting in a baby (now almost 11 months old) and the end of said relationship. I haven't dated/been on the market for 5+ years. Considering I'm 26- not much dating experience...
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    State your stats ; then your application will be considered.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I don't think we'd make a good match, so I'll just creep on you for a few minutes if that's OK with you.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    you're hot, I don't think you will have any trouble