My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Replies

• lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    I love it! You have to tell us 2 things...
    1 - How did you do it?
    2 - Did your ex's jaw hit the floor when he saw you???
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    I actually said "holy hell!" when I saw your pictures! Amazing! Very inspiring!
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    WOW! You are a true inspiration!!! Congratulations!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Okay, I have to ask; your tummy is AWESOME. How long did it take you to see those kind of results?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

SpringBreakOregonCoast2009032.jpg
    255266_3636093856142_1148921215_n.jpg
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    2012-10-09_12-14-28_475.jpg
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg
    a3a1401a-4978-4956-9add-6b4a0018dc26_zpsd044a55c.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

You look amazing and should be very, very proud of how far you have come!! Way to go! I am going to send you a friend request cuz you are totally inspiring and I need to drop about 45-50 lbs!!
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    What an awesome story. You look great!! Can't believe you got there doing mostly lifting! So inspiring.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Wow. That is completely amazing!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    @_@ Wow!!!

Amazing job and some revenge you did get in my opinion! His loss and your gain! :D
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Wow you are stunning. Great work and I love the tattoos
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Awesome story! You look amazing!!! and I absolutely love your tattoos!!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    You look gorgeous, huge congrats!
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    D-D-DAMMMN!! YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    What an amazing story and you look awesome! Love your ink :)
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Stories like your's keep me going. Thank you for sharing.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Awesome job of making yourself into who and what you want to be! Congratulations, and best wishes on your competition, I'm sure you will rock it!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Such an inspiration - you look fantastic!
  • great work in making your life BETTER!
  • ChiliP43
    ChiliP43 Posts: 20
    Amazing story. Thanks for posting. You look fabulous but looks are just an amazing added bonus to what you overcame and what you accomplished. Congratulations :-)
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Wow!!! Keep up the good work!!!:flowerforyou:
  • methodman78
    methodman78 Posts: 126 Member
    WOW! superb effort, commitment and tattoos too!
    I bet your kids are extremely proud
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!