My Online BF Dumped Me Because I'm Fat :( :( :(

Options

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    where is he from that he cannot get a divorce?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    7 pages later, the OP only came back to state that it was a Metallica song.

LMFAO
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why some many people go to the internet to find people, when there are PEOPLE ALL AROUND.

It's not easy to find people you fit to. I can find plenty of people all around me, most of them are in various stages of married, and that is not counting having anything in common with me. (that's also lacking)

So using a dating site to find singles who are also looking for a relationship is not really all that weird, or bad. Just need to take it from online to RL right away.

According to OP, her boyfriend is in "various stages or married" because, like, "there is no divorce in my country (they got married here)".
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    So I've gathered that he must be a 250 pound, 5"5" married Filipino man, currently serving in Afghanistan who has recently broken up with a woman who types in perfect colloquial American English. He recently became an emotional basket case over a song played by a guy in a hotel bar and is known to be prone to vomit and have lapses in memory, become whacked-out insane, and still PM you.

Have I missed anything? Is there anyone from the Philippines serving in Afghanistan? It's the only country I can find any data that still doesn't recognize divorce.

Not the best story, but not the worst either.

Love this!!!!^^^^^^^LMAO

ok... this all the way... lol
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Helloooo people just google stellar76 :noway:
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I don't understand why some many people go to the internet to find people, when there are PEOPLE ALL AROUND.

It's not easy to find people you fit to. I can find plenty of people all around me, most of them are in various stages of married, and that is not counting having anything in common with me. (that's also lacking)

So using a dating site to find singles who are also looking for a relationship is not really all that weird, or bad. Just need to take it from online to RL right away.

According to OP, her boyfriend is in "various stages or married" because, like, "there is no divorce in my country (they got married here)".

Yeah, I reread it and see that now. My bad.

Though, being US, he could get a divorce in the US and have it recognised.

I have no idea if the OP is telling the truth or not, and its not even clear to me what country she lives in.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options

Haha I just googled it I found some pics on photo bucket one catagory being Andrew and I in the album it is a very skinny girl and what appears to be a very skinny military guy.
  • rm7161
    Options

I think it is totally cool to FIND someone online, but to DATE someone online... That is something different. You can't have a relationship with someone you've nver met. You meet someone online, you should meet them in real life asap and not call it a relationship when you don't...

I've never dated online but I've met some very good "in real life" friends online. You can definitely date online and build relationships but it comes with its own set of risks I suppose.

This. I've got a lot of wonderful friends I met online first and didn't meet in real life for years. It's completely possible to do.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    Im reading this to the bitter end... you guys are keeping me entertained on this boring work day. Thanks for the laughs.

:laugh: :devil:

I know Right!! I take a call and then refresh the screen and get caught up on the comments, then repeat !! This is hilarious!
  • Stellar76
    Stellar76 Posts: 25
    Options
    Wait - he's a soldier and he weighs 250+ at 5'5"? did anyone else stop there knowing this was all a BS story?

Yeah, that and the "in my country there's no divorce" got me thinking it was all a bit fantastical...

I live in the Philippines where there is NO DIVORCE. And about his weight, I'm sure he is over 200. He is or was in the US Army but he works in electrical stuff. That's what he told me.

I wouldn't waste my time making up a story this long. For what? But thanks to everyone who gives advice. You make me feel better. Just sucks knowing he will be in my country until May 16th and I can't even get to spend time with him. Not that I still want to after everything that happened. It's just sad because we planned this for months.

No, he never mentioned the problem was my weight. But acting the way he did and then not apologizing and telling me he didn't want to see me again, I can't think of any other reason.

When I emailed him the following day, I begged for explanation. After he told me he didn't want to see me anymore, I asked if we could meet up so we could talk and he could explain to me why he treated me like that in public. I told him, at least give me closure so I can stop asking myself what really happened and I can move on. But he was firm. He didn't want to see me.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Haha I just googled it I found some pics on photo bucket one catagory being Andrew and I in the album it is a very skinny girl and what appears to be a very skinny military guy.

My work blocks photobucket :(
  • samanthlou
    Options
    Also my main question is who makes margaritas with vodka? That should have been the sign to tell you something was askew.

Can't make margaritas? Dealbreaker.

You didn't request Nickelback, did you?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    ok, I'm going to guess the OP is from the Philippines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_law_around_the_world#Philippines
  • rm7161
    Options

I just googled my nick out of giggles, and found half a dozen people who weren't me, and a few hits that certainly are. What does this prove?

Pretty sure that will be the case for a typical AOL style nickname.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    so why are you blaming your weight on this. At no point did he mention the weight issue to you. You would think if it was your weight he would have not been phyiscal at all when you first picked him up and at restaurant.

It is obviously something more with him then with your weight. He had some issues with something.
  • ednaflores619
    ednaflores619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I often tend to think that people leave me because I am overweight. Truth is, confidence goes a long way and that is something I lack. Unless he straight out told you that, I don't believe it is the reason. It is a good thing that he showed you that now. He came back from Afghanistan so he probably has PTSD and doesn't want to put that on anyone else. Bottom line, he did you a favor. Just take this as an experience in your life and keep moving forward with your weightloss goal. You have to do it for yourself. In the end, people can come and go, but you always have you and you should keep yourself happy. If being overweight makes you unhappy, work on that---for you!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Also my main question is who makes margaritas with vodka? That should have been the sign to tell you something was askew.

You didn't request Nickelback, did you?
    No wonder he was crying
  • marionmmm
    marionmmm Posts: 61
    Options
    Im reading this to the bitter end... you guys are keeping me entertained on this boring work day. Thanks for the laughs.

:laugh: :devil:

yes, mee tooo! Sooooo bored, but you all are hilarious. THANKS!!!
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    He dumped you because he is crazy. Would you really want to date a crazy, crybaby anyways!?! Gross.
  • rm7161
    Options
    Wait - he's a soldier and he weighs 250+ at 5'5"? did anyone else stop there knowing this was all a BS story?

Yeah, that and the "in my country there's no divorce" got me thinking it was all a bit fantastical...

I live in the Philippines where there is NO DIVORCE. And about his weight, I'm sure he is over 200. He is or was in the US Army but he works in electrical stuff. That's what he told me.

I wouldn't waste my time making up a story this long. For what? But thanks to everyone who gives advice. You make me feel better. Just sucks knowing he will be in my country until May 16th and I can't even get to spend time with him. Not that I still want to after everything that happened. It's just sad because we planned this for months.

No, he never mentioned the problem was my weight. But acting the way he did and then not apologizing and telling me he didn't want to see me again, I can't think of any other reason.

When I emailed him the following day, I begged for explanation. After he told me he didn't want to see me anymore, I asked if we could meet up so we could talk and he could explain to me why he treated me like that in public. I told him, at least give me closure so I can stop asking myself what really happened and I can move on. But he was firm. He didn't want to see me.

Thanks for clarification, Stellar.

Sometimes we never get an explanation. I've been rejected over my weight, I can see how you may think this... once it's happened, it is hard to turn those tapes off that you are not (fill in the blank) enough for the guy. But I don't think that's the case here... I don't think his problems have anything to do with you, and he is probably spending the time with some other woman right now, if I was to guess. (quite possibly, his wife)
This discussion has been closed.